C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canada Breaks Em Best !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:18 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Canada Breaks Em Best !!!

So for those who don't know me ... I recently built a YSi Powered 900whp C6 Z06. The Blue Devil

After the dyno, I decided to put her threw LB's crash coarse endurance test. I was beating the car all the way home, it scared me when it almost got away a couple of times. I got home, had a shower, got changed, and decided it was time to play. I went out to party with Robs mechanic Alex down town.

Lord knows I got there fast ... and after a wonderful night out on the town, burnouts in front of the club ... I needed to get home fast before the wife kills me. "KIT !! PURSUIT MODE"

So it had not even been 6 hours since I was off the dyno and we had already put a couple hundred hard miles on the whip. I needed to get some sleep.

The next day

I went out that morning to meet up with FunCOOL who happened to be working near my house. I wanted to show him how bad my YSi supercharger lag was He couldn't believe how strong this motor sounds when I did a top gun fly by on the tower.

I then went on to almost killing my self on several occasions on a borrowed 345 drag radial while the owner of the tire was surly getting worried if he would have any rubber left at all after 24 hours had passed since my dyno runs. 24:00 HOURS BEEP BEEEP BEEEP

Day #3 It Begins !

I had been having so much fun, It was time to catch up at work. I spent most of the day working hard, getting my **** together when my employee was dying to take him for a ride. Well needless to say we didn't get far with that jinx in the car. 48:00 HRS BEEP BEEP

Back on the hoist she goes.

So it was a race to get her back in action before the weekend in order to hit the track with all the boys. We had to fix up a brake line that was taken out when the axle flew apart. Lucky it did not do much other damage. We replaced the axles with DSS Stage 5 kit.

The Next Weekend. Off to the track we go. 168:00 HOURS BEEP.

It had now been about a week since I had my car on the road. I decided she was ready to run nines with a six speed. WHAT UP !

Well since I am not posting a video of my time slip, I guess you might figure out what went down !!

Once I dropped the sub frame on the ground. We realized the damage I had caused. These picture was taken without taking one single bolt out of the diff or trans.

SO WHO THINKS THEY BRAKE BETER THAN WE DO

Last edited by LB; 11-13-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:34 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 PM
lethal zo6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Wheel hop sucks
Old 11-14-2011, 09:20 AM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just make sure and do a RPS trippledisc clutch, I can just guess you had a spec clutch. Did that before, broke the transmission in half and left the transmission main shalf into the rear broken.
Another thing is remember although you might do the clutch, transmission, rearend with harden output shalfs, and suspension you will also need to do the couplers on your driveshalf. I broke everything until I upgraded and strengthen everything.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by LB
SO WHO THINKS THEY BRAKE BETER THAN WE DO
We have been using the big 6 piston Stop Techs on the road race cars and they work very well...
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Stage IT
Pro

lol you sur did a job on that one. i hate to admit it but i did that with 410rwhp with a full bolt on LS3....how americans do ... i got the short intermittent shaft, rear end case (like yours), tranny main shaft, torque tube , bellhousing, and gears. oh and then i burnt the starter up trying to start it after it broke because a piece of the bellhousing got stuck between the flywheel and starter. oh yea had the wheels up though

Last edited by Stage IT; 11-14-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

It goes to show theres something wrong with me when I look at that carnage and think, "F*** Yea!".

T6060 FTW. Put an ECS diff brace on the new stuff.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:06 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I am proud to be Canadian !!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lethal zo6
Wheel hop sucks
I didn't wheelhop on either instance. The axle was a spin hook, and the big brake was done at the track launching on a slick.

Originally Posted by TRINIC5
Just make sure and do a RPS trippledisc clutch, I can just guess you had a spec clutch. Did that before, broke the transmission in half and left the transmission main shalf into the rear broken.
Another thing is remember although you might do the clutch, transmission, rearend with harden output shalfs, and suspension you will also need to do the couplers on your driveshalf. I broke everything until I upgraded and strengthen everything.
I don't like the RPS Triple Carbon at all. It is heavy on the pedal and hits like a switch.

Originally Posted by Chris@East Coast Supercharging
We have been using the big 6 piston Stop Techs on the road race cars and they work very well...
LOL. Hey post some pictures of the trans brace Chris !

Originally Posted by Stage IT
lol you sur did a job on that one. i hate to admit it but i did that with 410rwhp with a full bolt on LS3....how americans do ... i got the short intermittent shaft, rear end case (like yours), tranny main shaft, torque tube , bellhousing, and gears. oh and then i burnt the starter up trying to start it after it broke because a piece of the bellhousing got stuck between the flywheel and starter. oh yea had the wheels up though
I think you got me beat

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
It goes to show theres something wrong with me when I look at that carnage and think, "F*** Yea!".

T6060 FTW. Put an ECS diff brace on the new stuff.
TEAM AMERICA F*&K YAAA

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I am proud to be Canadian !!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LB
I don't like the RPS Triple Carbon at all. It is heavy on the pedal and hits like a switch.
After spending some time with the RPS triple I don't find it on/off like you suggested, but it definetely has a heavy pedal. The Spec twin has a lighter pedal almost stock like, but I feel the RPS is easier to slip if needed. Either way I would sum them up as the two best clutches for high powered vettes!

On a sidenote, I need to switch out my T-56 for a Tr-6060! That tranny shifts like butter
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Holy...

Hey LB, where are my pics for the website and blog?
frank@aacorvette.com

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 95vettski
After spending some time with the RPS triple I don't find it on/off like you suggested, but it definetely has a heavy pedal. The Spec twin has a lighter pedal almost stock like, but I feel the RPS is easier to slip if needed. Either way I would sum them up as the two best clutches for high powered vettes!

On a sidenote, I need to switch out my T-56 for a Tr-6060! That tranny shifts like butter
I am sure the clutch is half decent leaving from a traffic light. Try to rev 5K and slip it, see if she flips like a switch with the centrifugal force leaving the line hard.

Originally Posted by Frank@AandACorvette
Holy...

Hey LB, where are my pics for the website and blog?
frank@aacorvette.com
I will shoot it down in the morning Frank
Old 11-15-2011, 12:29 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Wow! Definite points for time vs quantity
Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Corvette!!! Too bad you broke it!! And lots of $$ to fix it!!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tail_lights
Wow! Definite points for time vs quantity
You know how that cookie crumbled. With the season coming to an end, I had to break it quick otherwise no one would believe I make serious powaaa

Originally Posted by Icevettez06
Nice Corvette!!! Too bad you broke it!! And lots of $$ to fix it!!
I actually ran into some help from Rodney at RPM Transmission. Since the fix didn't cost me much, I had to go out and spend more money doing other driveline mods. DSS 500m shafts for my Eaton LSD, and DSS 3.5" Torque Tube.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You are sure finding the weak points in the drivetrain
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Rodney thinks I torqued the drive line which broke the case, in turn snapping the output shaft. If thats the case, 300m parts are not going to solve the problem. Looks like I am going to need to put a brace on the trans/diff. What are my options boys ?

Get notified of new replies

To Canada Breaks Em Best !!!

Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 PM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LB
Rodney thinks I torqued the drive line which broke the case, in turn snapping the output shaft. If thats the case, 300m parts are not going to solve the problem. Looks like I am going to need to put a brace on the trans/diff. What are my options boys ?
ECS has the Z06 braces....
Old 11-15-2011, 10:11 PM
tirecraft
Drifting

Originally Posted by LB

I'm not sure but I believe I have a used ecs brace, let me know and I will check
Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

You need to make a table or bar stool or something out of all those busted parts.

Quick Reply: Canada Breaks Em Best !!!