C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:22 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

that white gtr you raced was that efi's that went 211? car looks good youll get it dialed it soon... Good luck w/ everything!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:07 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

I didn't see or hear any boost cut going on with the Pro EFI. I know when Chris set mine up at first I almost couldn't get the car to spin. It would pull timing and the do a boost cut sorta like a two step car was still pulling. But was popping through the exhaust. We set it up a little looser later on and found a happy medium that worked great. Not quite the power your making. but Well over 1200rwhp so I too thought you would have had a little better traction. But not sure who's tuning the car for you though. But I will repeat what my friend Bill said ASPHALT!!! Not me LOL! But looks like the car took the beating like a champ and you still got fastest RWD vehicle so still way more positive and I'm sure it was still a blast. Congrats!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripleblk6spd
The key to the drag radials is to not let them spin. If you prevent them from spinning, they will take ALOT of power, but you have to get them to that point first. If you ever watch any of the fast DR guys (low 6 second cars), if the tire spins at all it's done! It's a really hard thing to control, and it takes precision power control to do it. We were to the point where if the car left at even 1psi more boost....the car wouldn't go down.
The thing is you cannot compare prepped dragstrip and non prepped street and of course you lose if you spin the tire. On turbo you build up such quick RWTQ which cores you to lose track on the street. I cannot just see how you can put down 1000+ RWHP on the street witch should give you trap speed at 155-160 MPH at ¼ mile and 185-190MPH at ½ mile.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:58 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Not at all...my car is ONLY a street car...no cage! Might see a few roll racing events, but no drag strips. It's still the best way to do boost and traction control to date. Think about it.... by speed, you actually RAMP boost through the gear. For example....I'm in 3rd gear at 2900rpm (55mph) and I stand on it. Boost by gear...I'm stuck at one number. 3rd gear will take me to 142mph. This is in the case like you discussed (passing someone without downshifting). At 3000rpm, I'm making well over 500'lbs of torque... more than enough to pass someone.
1st gear goes to 69mph
2nd gear goes to 104mph drops to 5k on the shift
3rd gear goes to 142mph drops to 5500rpm on the shift
4th gear goes to 184mph drops to 5700rpm on the shift
5th gear goes to 237mph drops to 5800rpm on the shift

Traction is STILL an issue below 150mph on the street. As you can see you are MUCH better off ramping the boost THROUGH the gear.
Which is why I said using any single parameter like speed is antiquated, and you need to look into more options.

By ramping boost with gear, rpm and throttle where applicable, you not only ramp boost with speed, but you can also retain good mid range boost levels in high gears for easy relaxed overtaking etc.
Plus often for mile type events, short shifting and using the torque from the higher gears with more boost will yield a higher trap speed.

So we do agree ramping boost through the gears is good...but using gear AND rpm for each gear clearly gives you many more options than using speed alone.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:05 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by inspector12
I didn't see or hear any boost cut going on with the Pro EFI. I know when Chris set mine up at first I almost couldn't get the car to spin. It would pull timing and the do a boost cut sorta like a two step car was still pulling. But was popping through the exhaust. We set it up a little looser later on and found a happy medium that worked great. Not quite the power your making. but Well over 1200rwhp so I too thought you would have had a little better traction. But not sure who's tuning the car for you though. But I will repeat what my friend Bill said ASPHALT!!! Not me LOL! But looks like the car took the beating like a champ and you still got fastest RWD vehicle so still way more positive and I'm sure it was still a blast. Congrats!!!
From the small log photo, it looks like it is primarily using blade opening for limiting power when traction is lost.

That approach would be fairly silent compared to any spark or fuel cuts

Are there any result listings from the event ?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Which is why I said using any single parameter like speed is antiquated, and you need to look into more options.

By ramping boost with gear, rpm and throttle where applicable, you not only ramp boost with speed, but you can also retain good mid range boost levels in high gears for easy relaxed overtaking etc.
Plus often for mile type events, short shifting and using the torque from the higher gears with more boost will yield a higher trap speed.

So we do agree ramping boost through the gears is good...but using gear AND rpm for each gear clearly gives you many more options than using speed alone.
You really need to look at the ProEFI software. There are several trims for boost. Throttle, RPM, manifold pressure, speed, Ethanol Content, etc.... Your really not grasping what the ProEFI can do.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

From the small log photo, it looks like it is primarily using blade opening for limiting power when traction is lost.

The throttle reduction in power is about half of it, the other half comes from the reduction in timing, and occasional cutting of cylinders as NEEDED. If setup correctly, the only time you will really hear it is when the car REALLY tries to blow off the tires in an instant.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:41 AM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sinister do you have Pro EFI on the car?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

You really need to look at the ProEFI software. There are several trims for boost. Throttle, RPM, manifold pressure, speed, Ethanol Content, etc.... Your really not grasping what the ProEFI can do.
I'm sure it is quite capable, but it was yourself who said speed was the only parameter you needed to map boost to.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

I'm sure it is quite capable, but it was yourself who said speed was the only parameter you needed to map boost to.
Specifically related to this type of racing...yes! That is accurate, and still holds true. Road race guys like boost trim against throttle, and lateral g's...we do those as well. But in a straight line....Speed or time is king!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:43 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 377 Likes on 191 Posts

My style of driving prefers boost by speed. That is where the car will remain.

Yes the car is now ProEFI equipped and ready from some traction control goodness
Old 01-28-2015, 04:11 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Yeah that usually doesn't work that well on turbo cars. Blower cars that are directly related the the crank shaft rotation it works ok because rpm is both boost and power. My TT car and other logs I have seen once there spooled up it takes too long just letting off the throttle a little. Seen 50% tps and still full boost lol.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:29 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by inspector12
Yeah that usually doesn't work that well on turbo cars. Blower cars that are directly related the the crank shaft rotation it works ok because rpm is both boost and power. My TT car and other logs I have seen once there spooled up it takes too long just letting off the throttle a little. Seen 50% tps and still full boost lol.
Either type of boost, or even n/a, using the blade would still be relatively slow but agree that on a turbo car it could take a huge closing to have an effect, especially if a very large blade is in use....and some guys really go OTT on blade size.
But DBW motors can operate very very fast and if closed enough offer a large reduction in power.
So it isnt unreasonable to use it as one control option.

You can see on the log snippet that it is opening and closing the blade quite a large amount, although there are no indications on the log timing is being reduced which seems a little odd, as this would typically be the first port of call as it's the fastest means of power reduction.

No matter what approaches are used, it's always a balancing act but if well tuned, it can work very well and offer good improvements to safety and driveability.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:32 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

hey Sinister,

any reason you run your rear shocks full hard? I would think you'd want the back LG shocks set on soft and fronts on hard so when the nose picks up on acceleration the back squats and the hard rebound of the front shocks helps sustain that squat for a little longer, but I'm sure you've tested it both ways.

reason I ask is I'm putting the same coilover on my setup now on my ~800whp 1/2 mile car and wondering what settings.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:41 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by neverstop
hey Sinister,

any reason you run your rear shocks full hard? I would think you'd want the back LG shocks set on soft and fronts on hard so when the nose picks up on acceleration the back squats and the hard rebound of the front shocks helps sustain that squat for a little longer, but I'm sure you've tested it both ways.

reason I ask is I'm putting the same coilover on my setup now on my ~800whp 1/2 mile car and wondering what settings.
My thought was full hard rear to transfer all the weight down and not let it get lost in spring compression. Keep the front soft to allow the front to lift without having to pick up the front wheels and tires.

I havent tested it both ways but once I dial in the cars power and start messing with suspension and look for more traction.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

When I get home I'll look up my Viking shock chart they send. I believe it is light compression and high rebound in the rear, and opposite in the front for drag/straight line applications. They send an application chart, and I remember 0-4 compression and 12-16 rebound for rears for a drag/roll application.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

if you keep the back really soft it will bottom out and unload the rear tires real bad.

I always run the back as firm as possible when it has adjustable shocks and it still squats pretty good.

Of course this is on other IRS cars because I don't have any adjustable stuff on my current stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To "SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"

Old 02-04-2015, 03:32 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Of course if it's too firm, it may unsettle more if the surface isnt smooth, especially at speed.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:57 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Of course if it's too firm, it may unsettle more if the surface isnt smooth, especially at speed.
I know this feel
Old 02-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Viking says Stiff compression, soft rebound front, and opposite in rear for straight line racing.

Front 14-18 comp, 0-4 rebound
Rear 0-4 comp, 14-18 rebound

Quick Reply: "SINISTTERC6 Twin Turbo"