C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-20-2015, 05:52 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

AIS Methanol Injection Install with Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:09 PM
LuxCeleritas
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIS Methanol Injection Install with Pictures

Well I was always wanting to add a Meth kit to my A&A SC Install. With 91 octane gas being mostly what I can get here in California it made sense to maximize Performance and Safety. I looked at most of the kits on the market but many seemed pretty labor intensive to install and expensive for what you get. I really liked the design of the AIS kit because I didn't want to use my windshield washer tank and I didn't want a big Meth tank in the back of my car. The AIS Kit uses a pre-molded tank that holds 1.7 gals and its pretty stealth since the entire tank fits in one of the compartments in the cargo area. I didn't see any write up for an install so I decided I would document in pictures my install from opening the box to the finished installation. All the pictures are on my Flickr Account if you want to see them all in one place. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. So here goes with the write up. I figure it's going to take me some time to add the most pertinent pictures so please bare with me as I upload them to the thread.

Opening the Box;

Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 PM
LuxCeleritas
Cruising

Installing the tank in the Rear Compartment in the drivers side. For anyone who is wondering this is a 2008 C6 Corvette, 6 Speed with LS3 Engine and A&A V3Si Centrifugal Supercharger.

The tank fit perfectly. No extra room and the top closes perfectly. With the top closed you would not even know there was a meth kit installed.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 PM
LuxCeleritas
Cruising

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where to put the pump. The instruction said to mount it near the tank. But not near exhaust or a place where it would be exposed to the elements. I tried a bunch of different locations but it seemed like a good location was directly under the tank. The pump can be installed in any direction so I found what looked like the perfect spot, measured out the location and drilled some holes for the mounting bracket. The pump is really industrial grade. It also comes with what I liked to call a Pump Condom. It's a tight fitting poly cover that protect the pump from moisture so it doesn't rust out or short out the electrical parts. They recommend putting some grease or silicone on it to seal it completely. I just drilled a hole in the end to route the wires out and put a dab of silicone on it to seal it.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:51 PM
LuxCeleritas
Cruising

Next task was to mount the pump run the electrical connections and route the Methanol Lines. The Fluid connections all use Push fittings for the supplied 1/4 OD Nylon tubing. You just push the tube in and it locks without any other tightening. If you need to pull it apart you just press down on the fitting ring while pulling on the tube. Made it really easy to test fit lengths and routing the hoses in different ways. Once I got the pump all mounted and the tubes from the tank to the pump installed it was time to hook up the wiring. It's a straight forward two wire set up. Ground and Positive that it gets from the Pressure switch installed in a vacuum line. I used a already existing ground point off the frame rail. The positive wire and the tube I tie wrapped together and ran inside the wheel well top under the wheel well inner liner.

I fished the Power line and the Meth Tuning through the rocker panel to the front of the firewall and then up by the brake booster.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Holy hell those are some gigantic spacers.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by playtoy
Holy hell those are some gigantic spacers.
out of all the time & effort this guy took to post this thread with pics & all you go ahead and bash his wheel spacers... Smh, great write up man seems like a solid kit, def like the stock looking install... Great work
Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxCeleritas
I really liked the design of the AIS kit because I didn't want to use my windshield washer tank.
Nice write-up. I just had the same A&A install, and I am thinking meth. Why did you not want to use your WW tank? (asks the guy in sunny SoCal ).
Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 AM
blkscls1z
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice write up!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:05 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
out of all the time & effort this guy took to post this thread with pics & all you go ahead and bash his wheel spacers... Smh, great write up man seems like a solid kit, def like the stock looking install... Great work
Ok, you want me to comment on the build, I'll give you my input but remember YOU asked for it.

I'm not a fan of putting the pump in the back of the car. There is probably 10-12 feet of line that the pump will have to pressure up when the car goes into boost before the nozzle will begin spraying properly. Some say that amount of time is negligible because when the pump comes on it is at low boost, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

Not a fan of the poly tubing either. Back of the car alright I could live with that, but not in the engine compartment. Have you ever seen the engine compartment while a boosted car makes a pull. The headers will be glowing red hot. Even if there is no contact that will melt plastic tie wraps and poly tubing if it is in the area.

The natural harmonics of the vehicle will cause the poly tubing to wear on anything that it is touching. Not to mention when the pump is running and the vibrations that will bring.

To the OP. very informative write up and nicely done. Just some things to consider.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I've seen the poly tubing spring so many leaks. I would replace it all with nice SS line.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Quiky One
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd add a check valve up front, replace the tubing with SS braided line, and make sure you hit the test/prime button everytime you plan to get into the boost.

Nice install.

Jason
Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
guillaumejd
1st Gear

Thanks Lux that was helpfull!!!

Get notified of new replies

To AIS Methanol Injection Install with Pictures

Quick Reply: AIS Methanol Injection Install with Pictures