C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Stage 1 Supercharger Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 PM
BobST1100
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Edelbrock Stage 1 Supercharger Help.

Today, I just got my car back from having the Edelbrock Stage 1 supercharger installed on my '06 with an otherwise stock engine/exhaust system. I'm real happy with the performance BUT when shifting, as I pull in the clutch (sorry, I ride m'cycles too) and come off the gas, the engine rpm drops off very slowly ~ too slowly. Sometimes it's will stay reving and take seconds to slow down.

I got off the phone with an Edelbrock Technician and he suspects a vacuum leak and I'll be exploring that tomorrow morning. The engine runs smoothly, no hesitation on acceleration, no misfires or rough idle but before I bring it back to the shop, has anyone else run into this and if so, what did you do to resolve it.

BTW, it's the Stock Edelbrock Tune...

Any suggestions?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by BobST1100
Today, I just got my car back from having the Edelbrock Stage 1 supercharger installed on my '06 with an otherwise stock engine/exhaust system. I'm real happy with the performance BUT when shifting, as I pull in the clutch (sorry, I ride m'cycles too) and come off the gas, the engine rpm drops off very slowly ~ too slowly. Sometimes it's will stay reving and take seconds to slow down.

I got off the phone with an Edelbrock Technician and he suspects a vacuum leak and I'll be exploring that tomorrow morning. The engine runs smoothly, no hesitation on acceleration, no misfires or rough idle but before I bring it back to the shop, has anyone else run into this and if so, what did you do to resolve it.

Any suggestions?
I've had my E-Force for over a year, and chased issues for the entire time.

http://forums.edelbrock.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4812

Bottom line - get a custom tune.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:41 AM
nc_c5
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Any suggestions?
Good timing on your post. I have an '06 manual with the same kit, and it has the same problem. I'm taking the car to PCM in Mooresville NC this morning to have it tuned.

I will get the car back Friday afternoon, and will post dyno results and if the engine RPM issue has been corrected.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:57 PM
nc_c5
Instructor

Originally Posted by nc_c5
Good timing on your post. I have an '06 manual with the same kit, and it has the same problem. I'm taking the car to PCM in Mooresville NC this morning to have it tuned.

I will get the car back Friday afternoon, and will post dyno results and if the engine RPM issue has been corrected.
I got my car back from PCM late today. The problem with RPMs not dropping down when I shift gears is gone. Driveability is also much better.

Below are the results of the dyno pulls they performed. The first two pulls were with the Edelbrock canned tune. The last two pulls were after they had tuned the car. The canned tune leaves almost 50 hp on the table.

My advice is to find a reputable tuner and have them tune your car. You won't regret it.

Last edited by nc_c5; 08-08-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default edelbrock eforce

PCM tuned my GS as well. They really do good work.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:22 PM
BobST1100
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nc_c5

Thanks for the responses. I took the car back to the shop that installed the SC. Turns out they didn't have the latest tune update in the programmer. They also "claim" the throttle body had carbon buildup and was the primary cause of the slow engine deceleration ~ I have a bit of doubt about the throttle body since I had no issues before having the work done. However, now the car runs well with no hesitation. In fact the engine decelerates better than when it was stock. It always had just a very little lag in decelerating.

As for a custom tune, I don't know anyone in my area (Upper Northeast NYS) ~ yet ~ but I'm looking into it. For now, I want to see how the car performs on stock tune . BTW, how much should I expect to pay for a custom tune?

You say there's an additional 50 hp available ???
Old 08-11-2014, 11:49 AM
nc_c5
Instructor

Thanks for the responses. I took the car back to the shop that installed the SC. Turns out they didn't have the latest tune update in the programmer. They also "claim" the throttle body had carbon buildup and was the primary cause of the slow engine deceleration ~ I have a bit of doubt about the throttle body since I had no issues before having the work done. However, now the car runs well with no hesitation. In fact the engine decelerates better than when it was stock. It always had just a very little lag in decelerating.

As for a custom tune, I don't know anyone in my area (Upper Northeast NYS) ~ yet ~ but I'm looking into it. For now, I want to see how the car performs on stock tune . BTW, how much should I expect to pay for a custom tune?

I paid $500.00, which covered tuning, testing the car for driveability, and retuning over a two day period. I have no idea what other shops charge. I am extremely pleased with how the car turned out.

With regards to the additional 50 hp, this is what my tuner was able to get. I can't speak to the results that other tuners may obtain.

The tuner knew that my goal was to get a tune that would be safe and reliable for thousands of miles. He knew that it was not my goal to get the highest possible numbers.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 PM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The extra 50 hp is real and I had exactly the same issue you are experiencing. I called it "run on" as my foot lifted off the accelerator it ran on like it had a mind of it's own.

You really need to find someone that knows their shtick with tuning. My tuner uses HP and is really good with it. He plugged in the laptop and we left the dyno environment and went out on the street. We would drive a bit and he would adjust the air mix idle tables is what I think he called it. But after about 20 minutes and maybe a dozen corrections and downloads he nailed it pretty good!

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock Stage 1 Supercharger Help.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Stage 1 Supercharger Help.