C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of Switching to Twin's

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 12:38 AM
03SuperchargedZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of Switching to Twin's

Hey, I wanted to get some input on my idea. I have a A&A supercharger V3 running at 12lbs and making pretty good power last dyno was 732whp. I just built my LS3 to handle 1500+whp and all this supporting stuff LG headers Fast 102mm IM 102mm TB etc.

I am switching to a Fore flex fuel set up that will easily handle 1300+hp.
Now for the real question. I saw the new IPP C6/ZO6 twin turbo kit that they came out with last month and I started thinking.. I was going to go with a YSI 10 rib set up next month, but I started thinking about selling off my supercharger and going with a Twin turbo kit.

Now I know my motor and fuel system and the rest of the drive train can take 1,000+hp now so I'm not worried about the motor or drivetrain. Has anyone gone to twins from a supercharger? I just want some input from the guys that have ran both and which one they prefer. I know the turbos cost a lot more which I'm willing to pay for if it will make the power I want.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm stilling deciding on the fuel system and I need to figure out what I'm doing as supercharged or turbo goes so I can get the fuel system and turbos ordered. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2014, 01:20 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

fore is a perfect fuel system I tested it on 2 of our cars, now let's talk about the SC to TT.

-I was about to sell my SC kit for a TT last month for my LSX build and new stuff but heres a points that I thud it's fair enough to stick with the SC.

1. the supercharge is already here so all you have to pay is a 10rib kit
2. adding a nitrous over the SC will make more power than the TT it self.
3. have you seen how many turbo cars running without facing issues?. ( I know there is a lot of the guys here running the kit and will said they didnt face issues but I mean someone that buts a miles on the car not parkin it at home)
4.TT is perfect cause you'll enjoy the stock drivability while turning the boost up it's will turn to monster. and there is no belt issues anymore but there is a boost leak story that will start with you for sure.

think about it very well, if I were you won't pay another mount of cash for a new setup, I'll stay with my setup or maybe adding some few things to it for more power on the same S/C you may need those money for something els. later not now.

those links may helps too:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ercharger.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...m-sponsor.html
Old 10-18-2014, 06:06 AM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProEFI
fore is a perfect fuel system I tested it on 2 of our cars, now let's talk about the SC to TT.

-I was about to sell my SC kit for a TT last month for my LSX build and new stuff but heres a points that I thud it's fair enough to stick with the SC.

1. the supercharge is already here so all you have to pay is a 10rib kit
2. adding a nitrous over the SC will make more power than the TT it self.
3. have you seen how many turbo cars running without facing issues?. ( I know there is a lot of the guys here running the kit and will said they didnt face issues but I mean someone that buts a miles on the car not parkin it at home)
4.TT is perfect cause you'll enjoy the stock drivability while turning the boost up it's will turn to monster. and there is no belt issues anymore but there is a boost leak story that will start with you for sure.

think about it very well, if I were you won't pay another mount of cash for a new setup, I'll stay with my setup or maybe adding some few things to it for more power on the same S/C you may need those money for something els. later not now.

those links may helps too:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ercharger.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...m-sponsor.html
What is facing issues?.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:33 AM
03SuperchargedZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to my tuner today and made a plan. I decided to use the Fore 1500whp flex fuel system and going to a YSI blower with a 10 rib kit. I already have a ZEX nitous kit that will be installed also.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:57 AM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

it just did the swap on my c5.... went from a novi 2200r/10rib setup to a ttix twin setup and im loving it. wish i went turbo in the first place.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:22 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The heat issue is always thrown around, much like lag, as well. the turbine acts as a big heat sink, Also, the temperature of the turbine is directly related to the temperature of the exhaust energy, which is related to load. and finally about the boost leak problems since most of the pipes in the market can't handle more boost have seen 3 of my friends with TT Z's and they can't even drive it for a while or race it.
1.Boost leak
2.Heat
3.dusty weather would be the biggest enemy you ever faced!
Old 10-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I would take a Ysi/10 rib over that TT kit any day of the week.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had TT since 2007. No issue related to the turbo setup. At 10psi I run 9,8-10,2 @143-145. So turbo all the way for me.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:57 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

I Had both. For ease of use stay supercharger
More work setting up,but twin turbo for the win
If you don't mind a longer learning curve
Old 10-19-2014, 07:21 PM
BOO666
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Powa !

I went from n20 to vortech x , then f3 , then precision 101 , then precision 106 to twinn 90s ..... Idk what issues anyone would face once it's tuned and the chassis is working . Once it's ironed out its a matter of teaks unless your in competition down too the .000 second . If I'm gonna go str8 line ***** out in competition . Twins no doubt . Playing around on street strip or trying to hit a number . Go with your budget . If you got it to spend go twins . If not ........ Work your current combo via tune and chassis . Prolly a lot left on the table
Old 10-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the ecs kit for ease of use and install, but my decision was basically made up by the price difference. If I had the money I would have gone turbos. Now I'm sort of kicking myself for not just saving up and doing turbos.

Also since your motor is already built I'd say go for turbos if you have the coin. Personally I love the flexibility of turbos and not having to deal with belts. Pros and cons for both. Figure out what you want out of the car then decide.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking of Switching to Twin's

Quick Reply: Thinking of Switching to Twin's