C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston area shops recommended - SC install

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Houston area shops recommended - SC install

I've been thinking about this for some time, and I think I have just about talked myself into a little more excitment out of my GS A6.

I've spent some time looking in this forum, reading about the various Centri's vs the HB's ect, etc. I still haven't decided upon which direction to go, just know I want to keep it from being too insane as it is my DD. I even considered nitrous, but think the hassle of using that might take the fun out of it, and to get set up right, would put me part of the way to being blown anyway.

I need to talk with a good shop, and see what would make sense, both financially and with drivability in mind, since I am not really interested in building the stock engine up, but don't want to induce failures. I've always done my own wrenching, restored many a old vette of all the generations, but at this stage, just don't have the time nor the space to do an install of one of these systems. Plus I do not have the ability or equipment to tune it properly.

Anyone in Houston or surrounding area have a good, reputable shop they can recommend I talk with? I haven't ever used one as I've done my own work to this point.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:59 AM
0KP Racing
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out our website, give us a call we would be happy to help you with your hp goals, we do lots of builds from mild street cars to 240 plus mph Texas mile cars.
281-664-8000
KPRacing.com
Check out our Facebook page.

Last edited by KP Racing; 11-20-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:41 PM
mattio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KP all the way!
Or install yourself save some loot and let Joe Tune it at KP...
Old 11-20-2015, 11:58 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Bad Chad, PM for info. Hands down the best LS wrench tuner I've seen. Only guy that touches my cars now. Tuning, Joe at KP, Mike at Gforce, or Pat G in Victoria.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:09 PM
0mike@calvomotorsport
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

kp or kevin at m2k
Old 11-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the leads, I appreciate it. Might try to hit a shop or two to look around on Mon or Tues.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:07 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodstoc

I haven't ever used one as I've done my own work to this point.
You'll be MILES ahead by keeping with that approach. A blower is a bolt on affair - for the most part. The hardest part is deciphering the install manual (at least for the kit i purchased).
The following users liked this post:
Arctic Vette (11-29-2015)
Old 11-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by M M Alexander
You'll be MILES ahead by keeping with that approach. A blower is a bolt on affair - for the most part. The hardest part is deciphering the install manual (at least for the kit i purchased).
Perhaps a stupid question, but since I haven't installed a blower before, its my main concern. Once installed, will the car drive good enought on the tune in it, to get to a shop to have it safely tuned? I have a "internet" tune with headers and a Hurricane CAI system. Car runs really good, just not sure of what I'll see after installation.

Again, I appreciate all replys.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:30 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Limp it to a shop close by with the stock injectors.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:37 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

Buy HPtuners along with a Wideband ... Most kit manufacturers will supply a base tune. In most cases, the combo's being assembled are quite common. So there's a plethora well known data and thus tunes to follow suit. I'd bet in most cases of a blower install on a lightly modified C6 - the kit manufacturers supplied tune will be pretty close to ideal.
You can tune from there - or take it to a Pro and let them dial it in - but in the Houston area - beware. For such a large city and population, the amount of hacks out there is just as proportional.
The following users liked this post:
ajrothm (11-22-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

This is a job you could do yourself based on the experience you listed. If you install entire kit and then just leave stock injectors installed you can warm up car and drive all the way to Tuner. Just stay out of boost and cruise it over there. Then swap the big injectors in the parking lot and then they can tune from there.

Give me a call at the shop if you want to discuss doing it yourself.
805-278-4107 Shop line
Ask for Josh

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 11-23-2015, 04:07 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Perhaps a stupid question, but since I haven't installed a blower before, its my main concern. Once installed, will the car drive good enought on the tune in it, to get to a shop to have it safely tuned? I have a "internet" tune with headers and a Hurricane CAI system. Car runs really good, just not sure of what I'll see after installation.

Again, I appreciate all replys.
If you leave the stock injectors in you will be fine to drive it to a tuner on even the stock tune. Obviously just stay out of boost and take it easy.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:09 PM
streetassasin
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

G force motorsports, they have my car right now
Old 11-23-2015, 04:29 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

I've been thinking about this for some time, and I think I have just about talked myself into a little more excitment out of my GS A6.

I've spent some time looking in this forum, reading about the various Centri's vs the HB's ect, etc. I still haven't decided upon which direction to go, just know I want to keep it from being too insane as it is my DD. I even considered nitrous, but think the hassle of using that might take the fun out of it, and to get set up right, would put me part of the way to being blown anyway.

I need to talk with a good shop, and see what would make sense, both financially and with drivability in mind, since I am not really interested in building the stock engine up, but don't want to induce failures. I've always done my own wrenching, restored many a old vette of all the generations, but at this stage, just don't have the time nor the space to do an install of one of these systems. Plus I do not have the ability or equipment to tune it properly.

Anyone in Houston or surrounding area have a good, reputable shop they can recommend I talk with? I haven't ever used one as I've done my own work to this point.
If you would like to install it yourself, I would highly suggest that you download our instructions from our website. This will give you a great overview of how the parts integrate into a complete system. Pay particular attention to our Ram Air intercooler design along with the accompanying sheet metal components that direct airflow into the intercooler as well as the radiator.
You can get a good idea of whether you are comfortable doing the installation yourself by doing this. As many will attest, I am available for installation support via telephone, even on weekends.
You'll probably feel better about the project after talking to Josh or me about it. We can steer you in the right direction without trying to sell you a bunch of stuff you don't need.

http://www.aacorvette.com/pdf/aa_c6_instructions.pdf

We offer a couple of no cost Blowoff valve options as well as head units.
While we recommend the Si Trim for almost any stock engine, we also offer the Ti Trim as a no cost option.
A couple of installers have spoken up so far. Talk to them and see how you feel about them. It's your choice.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 11-23-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
If you would like to install it yourself, I would highly suggest that you download our instructions from our website. This will give you a great overview of how the parts integrate into a complete system. Pay particular attention to our Ram Air intercooler design along with the accompanying sheet metal components that direct airflow into the intercooler as well as the radiator.
You can get a good idea of whether you are comfortable doing the installation yourself by doing this. As many will attest, I am available for installation support via telephone, even on weekends.
You'll probably feel better about the project after talking to Josh or me about it. We can steer you in the right direction without trying to sell you a bunch of stuff you don't need.

http://www.aacorvette.com/pdf/aa_c6_instructions.pdf

We offer a couple of no cost Blowoff valve options as well as head units.
While we recommend the Si Trim for almost any stock engine, we also offer the Ti Trim as a no cost option.
A couple of installers have spoken up so far. Talk to them and see how you feel about them. It's your choice.
Thank you Andy, I'll take a look at your charger. I was getting close to a HeartBeat, but I'll take a closer look at your setup. Just opened the instructions, very detailed, about the best I have seen.

Last edited by Woodstoc; 11-23-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:38 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Their instructions do look quite good.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:54 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

i'm biased and everyone has their own opinion but I would go with an A&A or ECS centri kit over a heartbeat anyday all day.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston area shops recommended - SC install

Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by streetassasin
G force motorsports, they have my car right now
I dropped one off there yesterday. When they finish with that one, I'm going to drop off one more. Good folks.

For a mild street build, the Heartbeat is the best thing going. You get EVERY pound of boost you paid for available any time you want it. No waiting on the rpm to build before you see full boost. Total control of the boost level with your right foot. I wouldn't have it any other way....anyday all day.

Drive or at least get a ride in the types you're considering. Don't make a costly mistake.

Last edited by old motorhead; 11-24-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Woodstoc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I dropped one off there yesterday. When they finish with that one, I'm going to drop off one more. Good folks.

For a mild street build, the Heartbeat is the best thing going. You get EVERY pound of boost you paid for available any time you want it. No waiting on the rpm to build before you see full boost. Total control of the boost level with your right foot. I wouldn't have it any other way....anyday all day.

Drive or at least get a ride in the types you're considering. Don't make a costly mistake.
So if I have this right, the HB will give instant response, while a centri you have to be up in rpm, similar to a turbo, to get power. I am not looking to make a lot of power, though I know i'll live to regret that statement, don't want to start breaking the chain of equipment. Just looking for that kick off the line up, typical horsing around driving.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:49 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

You won't go wrong either way. Some like all of the boost coming in quick. Some don't. I wouldn't have it any other way for a mild street set up. Gives you the feel of a 500 cid stroker, but still sips fuel like a stock LS motor if you keep your foot out of it.

By all means, if you know you'll eventually want 700+ at the wheels, buy an appropriate sized centri and enjoy. For anything less a Heartbeat is hard to beat.

Like I mentioned earlier, get a ride in the types you're considering. I'm out west of Houston. Be glad to give you a preview........if it ever quits raining

Quick Reply: Houston area shops recommended - SC install