C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50/50 Meth

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:51 AM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by genolan
I believe the answer lies in the tune. If the tuner is counting on the extra octane from the meth he is leaning the AFR and counting on the meth to be 100% meth to add the octane under higher boost. If the tune is conservative then a 50/50 mix is fine.
Think this depends. As I mentioned, I was able to be more aggressive on ignition timing with 50/50 without Kr. Water just does a better job absorbing heat. I do agree that it is application dependent. If I were racing the car and counting on consistent ET's or 1/2 mile times vs. street use I would use 100 percent meth. Same if I were high boost.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Water injection has been used in aircraft from before WW2 and has even been used on some factory cars years ago. Its not a new science.
Yeah, but an automatically regenerating supply hasn't been done before as far as I know. I thought that was pretty cool. Bmw is working on that for future models.

The new M4 GTS (should be out very soon) comes with factory water injection, too. Though it has a reservoir that needs to be filled. I'm not sure if it'll be water or something else, though.

Quick Reply: 50/50 Meth