C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggested Force Induction Shop in DFW Area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 AM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone. Guess I will be making alot of phone calls to these shops to ask them their recommendation for my car.

I use to own a Camaro and was on the camaro forum and alot of great shops actually were on the forum. Why is that not the case here? Besides LG I have never seen any of these shops post in a thread or advertise on here.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Dont fall for that trap. Paying vendor means nothing more than they pay the website a fee. While some vendors are amazing, others are horrible.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:57 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Having been in the DFW LS community since 07 and owned dealt with the vast majority of the shops... If AMP closed their doors i would sell my car rather than deal with any of the o the other local shops.. just my humble opinion after almost 20 years of dfw cars
Old 02-11-2016, 10:09 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,195 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by mastergunner
I use to own a Camaro and was on the camaro forum and alot of great shops actually were on the forum. Why is that not the case here? Besides LG I have never seen any of these shops post in a thread or advertise on here.
Because at most of the shops, everybody is working on cars not sitting at a counter.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

What was the name of the shop on the corner next to Jotech that did your heads/cam Transam? I remember seeing it with the heads off there.

Ahh the good old days.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:41 AM
sr71bb
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks everyone. Guess I will be making alot of phone calls to these shops to ask them their recommendation for my car.

That's a great question and the one I have specifically asked myself of the owners of AMP. I was told basically they wanted to be known for their reputation and quality of service they provide. Telling someone how great you are versus actually demonstrating it through the various builds and other people's actual experiences seems to be a standard operating procedure for alot of shops unfortunately.

I was told by AMP they simply don't have the time to spend a lot of time on the internet as they focus on the builds they have in house.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:44 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Evan70
Because at most of the shops, everybody is working on cars not sitting at a counter.
Give that man five points (as I wait for this C7 to cool down before the next dyno pull).
Old 02-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

You'll find that the shops that just sit here all day are typically your dorm room racing type shops slinging parts from moms basement.

There are exceptions like LG who is a real shop.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Unreal
You'll find that the shops that just sit here all day are typically your dorm room racing type shops slinging parts from moms basement.

There are exceptions like LG who is a real shop.
In LG's case, while I wouldn't say they are slinging parts from mom's basement, they do a significant focus on engineering and selling parts versus just working on cars. Which means they need someone at the counter all the time for taking calls, responding to emails, commenting on web forums, etc.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:35 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
What was the name of the shop on the corner next to Jotech that did your heads/cam Transam? I remember seeing it with the heads off there.

Ahh the good old days.

Fastech... lol...
Like i said.. i made Many many mistakes with shop choices in the past lol.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:10 PM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It makes sense that shops should be busy and would like to be known for their reputation, BUT if one does not live in the area it is kind of hard to first hand information about a particular shop.

I think I will call AMP and Quality Motorsports and talk with them. Anyone have good points of contact with who I should speak with at those two places?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:25 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

It makes sense that shops should be busy and would like to be known for their reputation, BUT if one does not live in the area it is kind of hard to first hand information about a particular shop.

I think I will call AMP and Quality Motorsports and talk with them. Anyone have good points of contact with who I should speak with at those two places?
For Quality, you want to talk to Patrcik (the owner).
Old 02-11-2016, 01:45 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

For AMP ask for Bryan or Sam.. tell them you got their name from Me on Cf...
Old 02-12-2016, 12:37 PM
srm077
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Quality and AMP have both worked on mine. Both are great shops with different focuses. Quality is more Road Race oriented, AMP is more straight line focused. Patrick at Quality and Sam at AMP are both great to work with. Sam is the tuning guru in this area though.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:54 AM
Zeekaral
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Sam and AMP. They just finished my nitrous yesterday. Great shop!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:48 AM
NeedaC6
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I know a shop you shouldn't consider but they aren't mentioned here so you are good with the ones listed.

Quick Reply: Suggested Force Induction Shop in DFW Area?