C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pumpking returns???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

IMO, sounds like normal 1000+hp car stuff.

My balancer sheered apart
My cam sprocket cam loose taking out some parts
Had flywheel bolt issues
Driveshaft snap
Clutch die
Radiator split
Blower die
Plug wires burn
etc etc etc

Anyone with a 1000+hp car needs to be ready with money and time to deal with constant issues. They are not just go out and beat on and have fun.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal

Had flywheel bolt issues
Driveshaft snap
Clutch die
Radiator split
Blower die
Plug wires burn
etc etc etc

Anyone with a 1000+hp car needs to be ready with money and time to deal with constant issues. They are not just go out and beat on and have fun.
couldn't have said it better myself. when my car was at 650 rwhp it was virtually maintenance free. sometimes i wish i would have left it alone.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Me too. Would never go over 750-800rwhp on a vette. Strongly considering putting a 3.3" pulley on, turning it way down, and enjoying the car way more.

Had 2 more items fail last night. Typical GM stuff.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:36 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

How did your blower die?

I think I had a dozen things break on mine (GM quality) before I even tore it apart to mod.

Had flywheel bolt issues
Driveshaft snap
Clutch die
Radiator split
Blower die
Plug wires burn
etc etc etc

Old 01-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Lost a belt with ~2k on the blower setup. Sucked the belt between blower and pulley. Took out the oil seal there. Replaced seal and drove it for another 10k miles before it started making noise. Took blower apart and the whole case was packed full of belt. For 10k miles even with bearings packed full of belt it spun and worked fine. No fault of the blower, in fact I was so amazed that it made it that long like that. Just shows how robust and great the vortech blowers are.

As for the general GM crap, that list is too long. In past 6 months replaced climate controls because the screen went out, bushings, circuit board in dash, visor, speaker, and who knows what else. Still trying to find a center console door because the latch snapped off that awhile ago. I've never owned a car that has had some many little random things go out. Not even remotely related to power.

Last edited by Unreal; 01-18-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:00 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Lost a belt with ~2k on the blower setup. Sucked the belt between blower and pulley. Took out the oil seal there. Replaced seal and drove it for another 10k miles before it started making noise. Took blower apart and the whole case was packed full of belt. For 10k miles even with bearings packed full of belt it spun and worked fine. No fault of the blower, in fact I was so amazed that it made it that long like that. Just shows how robust and great the vortech blowers are.

As for the general GM crap, that list is too long. In past 6 months replaced climate controls because the screen went out, bushings, circuit board in dash, visor, speaker, and who knows what else. Still trying to find a center console door because the latch snapped off that awhile ago. I've never owned a car that has had some many little random things go out. Not even remotely related to power.
All operator error !

Quick Reply: Pumpking returns???