C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boosted powerglide guys and engine temps

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 10:01 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by trayack
Although not a glide/TH400 car, here's my info to compare. See my sig for the combo.

On Drag Week this year with a fully loaded car (driver/passenger +luggage) AND towing a trailer that when loaded weighs 350lbs + my car never saw over 200 degrees on the highway in 90 degree heat. That's doing 80mph with the RPM's at 2300. That's also being completely heat soaked on a 300 mile drive...

At night when the ambient temp dropped into the high 70's the car ran at 174 degrees while on the highway and 190 on the back roads with stop and go traffic.

One thing I did change this year was to add the ZL1 vent to the hood. Based on comparable info from last year it dropped the coolant temp by a full 10 degrees at cruise. I was pretty impressed with that $150 investment.

- Travis
that's as I expected. I've driven plenty of cars that had highway rpms far higher than what I have now with no heat issues. I'm sure it's something trivial and not the norm.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:14 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by croatbob
that's as I expected. I've driven plenty of cars that had highway rpms far higher than what I have now with no heat issues. I'm sure it's something trivial and not the norm.
So, what did you change between old and new setup?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 AM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
So, what did you change between old and new setup?

More boost, flex fuel, injectors, d3pe fans, exhaust, transbrake, glide, dss axles.. not much lol
Old 02-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by croatbob
More boost, flex fuel, injectors, d3pe fans, exhaust, transbrake, glide, dss axles.. not much lol
And tune of course.

Put 45 degrees of advance in it while cruising and check either EGT's (at your level you should have it) or in old-fashioned way, just the engine temps.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:55 AM
Anti_Venom99
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

OP did you ever figure out the problem?

I live in the middle east(Abu Dhabi)... its HOT here... In 125-130 degree heat I cruise around at 140kph(87mph) in my heads/cam C6Z with the A/C blasting and my car runs at 195 coolant temps. I have a Dewitts rad and fan setup and a vented hood.

I will be going glide early next year when i return to the states and will street drive my car more than track... So I'd like to know more about your temp issues.

Quick Reply: Boosted powerglide guys and engine temps