C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CxRacing Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default CxRacing Single Turbo Kit

I have been eyeing this kit lately. More than likely, i will upgrade turbo down the road & possibly intercooler! I have heard Tial BOV do not work with the system, therefore; what is a better BOV that will work? I will also be upgrading injectors & fuel pump in order to run e-85. Is my goal for 700 rwhp on my ls2 a "safe" power level? Mods are PRC 243 Heads, Cam, Full Bolt Ons (including fast 102 manifold, Meziere water pump, fast fuel rails, Nick Williams 102 TB).
PS. I plan on doing a bumper exhaust exit.
Any recommendations and tips are more than welcome

Last edited by Sergio7; 03-23-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 PM
needcheese
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i did a quick look at the site. I personally would not want it due to no A/C. This is item #2
from web page:
Note:
1. This Kit Needs to Remove Stock Radiator, Replaces It with Our New Radiator.

2. Needs to Remove A/C (Don't Have Room For A/C Condenser).

3. Need to Drill Oil Return Port on the Oil Pan for Turbo Oil Return.

4. Need to Work On the Exhaust System to Connect to the Downpipe (Due to Many Exhaust Options, The Downpipe Is NOT Connected to Stock Exhaust).

5. This Kit Is For Turbo Hardware ONLY, You Will Need to Upgrade Engine's Fuel System and Tune the Engine.

6. For Automatic Transmission, Need to Add An External Oil Cooler, NOT Included. For Manual Transmission, It Is Highly Recommended to Upgrade the Oil Cooler As Well.

7. There Is NO Installation Guide Provided, However, We Show Many Installed Pictures On Car and On Engine Stand.

UPP makes a great twin turbo system. They are a forum sponsor. http://uppturbo.com/
Old 03-24-2017, 01:45 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Originally Posted by needcheese
i did a quick look at the site. I personally would not want it due to no A/C. This is item #2
from web page:
Note:
1. This Kit Needs to Remove Stock Radiator, Replaces It with Our New Radiator.

2. Needs to Remove A/C (Don't Have Room For A/C Condenser).

3. Need to Drill Oil Return Port on the Oil Pan for Turbo Oil Return.

4. Need to Work On the Exhaust System to Connect to the Downpipe (Due to Many Exhaust Options, The Downpipe Is NOT Connected to Stock Exhaust).

5. This Kit Is For Turbo Hardware ONLY, You Will Need to Upgrade Engine's Fuel System and Tune the Engine.

6. For Automatic Transmission, Need to Add An External Oil Cooler, NOT Included. For Manual Transmission, It Is Highly Recommended to Upgrade the Oil Cooler As Well.

7. There Is NO Installation Guide Provided, However, We Show Many Installed Pictures On Car and On Engine Stand.

UPP makes a great twin turbo system. They are a forum sponsor. http://uppturbo.com/
Yup. Read all those. & in my post said i was doing fender exhaust exit. Thus, i would be able to keep AC (either way i never turn it on). Also UPP is a nice set-up but over my budget.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:29 AM
Zachary Gregg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give it a shot and report back. I think as long as you don't mind making a few changes it'll work.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:06 AM
unitedelements
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking into the CX kit as well. I wish more people had the kit for reviews. I would not get the upp kit, bc you have to hack up so much of your car to fit it. Also I have been told by employees that they would never run the supplied turbos on their personal cars.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Enjoiskater
Advanced

I have the cx racing headers crossover and rad/intercooler combo but i will be running a borg warner turbo. The kit looks to be very nice and fits decent so far. The rad and intercooler kit comes with all the brackets and bolts you need. I am remiving my ac because i want a rear exiting exhaust only down side i have found so far.
The following users liked this post:
unitedelements (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 12:16 PM
jleews6
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I know a guy that put a cx racing kit on his Mustang almost 5 years ago now and he hasnt had a single problem from it and he drives it every day.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Originally Posted by Enjoiskater
I have the cx racing headers crossover and rad/intercooler combo but i will be running a borg warner turbo. The kit looks to be very nice and fits decent so far. The rad and intercooler kit comes with all the brackets and bolts you need. I am remiving my ac because i want a rear exiting exhaust only down side i have found so far.
Nice. This is the kind of feedback i am looking for. Also any cons to the kit. What turbo are you exactly going for?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:22 PM
Enjoiskater
Advanced

Turbo is gonna be a borg warner s475 with a 1.10 t4 exhaust housing. Also i forgot to mention i did have to drill and weld on bungs for the 02 sensors.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:12 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by unitedelements
Also I have been told by employees that they would never run the supplied turbos on their personal cars.
That's funny, because everyone of my employees running a turbo setup is running one of our turbos....
Old 03-25-2017, 01:01 AM
unitedelements
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
That's funny, because everyone of my employees running a turbo setup is running one of our turbos....
I got no reason to lie... This is just two of a few.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:52 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

1. There's a big difference between "employees" and disgruntled ex-employees.

2. Brett (your first post) conveniently didn't mention that he also managed to destroy two Precision turbos on the same car.....The turbos were never the problem....
Old 03-26-2017, 12:29 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Originally Posted by Enjoiskater
Turbo is gonna be a borg warner s475 with a 1.10 t4 exhaust housing. Also i forgot to mention i did have to drill and weld on bungs for the 02 sensors.
Hmm. Not so bad with a "step-bit". Are you going to keep the bov that comes with the kit? Also what power level are you shooting for on a stock bottom end still? (Sorry for all the questions, rather be well informed lol)
Old 03-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Enjoiskater
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sergio7
Hmm. Not so bad with a "step-bit". Are you going to keep the bov that comes with the kit? Also what power level are you shooting for on a stock bottom end still? (Sorry for all the questions, rather be well informed lol)
I didnt get a bov woth mine i bought just the intercooler and rad im gonna build my own pipes but ill prolly run a tial q. And yes its gonna be stock bottom end with btr cam package ls9 head gaskets and head studs. Im hoping for 750-800 on e85.

Get notified of new replies

To CxRacing Single Turbo Kit

Quick Reply: CxRacing Single Turbo Kit