C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump Misery

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Trention
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Misery

I'm absolutely terrified of putting my newly installed fuel pump/tank back in before verifying all is good with the new pump-sender assembly. Any who have done this job can agree that doing it twice is up there with a voluntary root canal without anesthesia. Now I'm checking the resistance on the sender but I can't get a good delta on the sender when I shift the tank upside-down. I was expecting the float rheostat to move but I'm not getting a noticeably different reading. Needless to say, I can put 5 gal in it to verify but I'm curious if others have experience on verifying the level sender.

Regards,
DaveT
Old 03-25-2017, 01:03 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Dave I'm right there with you man looked good when I was done, installed it and gauge no worky! pulled it back out this time I used a bore scope to look in the tank to verify there wasn't a line or wire that would catch the float and all is good this time! The lines move around according to how the hat is positioned and the little clip that hold the crossover line isn't supper secure I ended up placing a tie wrap on it as well.

Last edited by inspector12; 03-25-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:19 PM
don37
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Trention
I'm absolutely terrified of putting my newly installed fuel pump/tank back in before verifying all is good with the new pump-sender assembly. Any who have done this job can agree that doing it twice is up there with a voluntary root canal without anesthesia. Now I'm checking the resistance on the sender but I can't get a good delta on the sender when I shift the tank upside-down. I was expecting the float rheostat to move but I'm not getting a noticeably different reading. Needless to say, I can put 5 gal in it to verify but I'm curious if others have experience on verifying the level sender.

Regards,
DaveT
pull the assembly out and figure out what is wrong. A simple ohm meter should be all that you need before reinstalling the tanks. Obviously something is wrong. When you research what resistance you are expecting dont forget the specs changed to the exact opposite approx 2008.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:49 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

You should hear the sender flopping around. Definitely take it apart and take a look. The passenger side is easy... sorry if it's the driver's side you're having trouble with since that isn't as easy.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Pump Misery

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Misery