C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One More Wideband Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts
Default One More Wideband Q

I am going with dashlogic. I have tons of info from past threads and some input from some members here. Just to make sure, with Dashlogic (OR, HPT scanner) I am only going to need a WB controller such as the Innovate LC-2 3877; or AEM 30-0310. Correct?

I found an old 2015 thread where a table was produced. It showed response times, but from what I concluded, any of the "controllers" listed would work with Dashlogic? or as a scan adjunct if I use HPT scanner?
Here is the chart? Thanks once again guys. I am dropping the hammer on these items right now and don't want to be down a wrong path.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:48 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Any of those should work, obviously you don't want the slowest ones on the list. Wideband O2 sensor connects to controller, controller has 0-5V out that connects to dash logic or HPT (typically)

The controller will come with the controller, a gauge if included (sometimes the controller/gauge are one unit), O2 sensor itself and wiring to hook it all up.

The AEM one you'd want now is probably 30-0333 though, it's an updated version of the one at the top of that list, it connects to the OBD port and can connect to HPT over that instead of with a separate 0-5V wire/signal. That's what I'm using now with HPT.

The only negative is it doesn't come wired with a 0-5V out for connecting to dash logic. You can add two wires to it and get one, though. Not hard to do and the pins you'd need are like $0.02 literally

Last edited by schpenxel; 09-11-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:02 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

OK - Dashlogic is on its way. I am leaning toward the Innovate LC-2 3877. First step is to get the wideband installed, now that I have a loc for the WB bung (Thanks again guys!). After I am setup and reading data w/WB, then the last step is to purchase the HPT suite.

I am leaning in these directions based on what I am trying to accomplish. I am looking to complete and tweak 1 tune. I am sure I will never do another tune on another car. So, I am trying to make purchase choices that consider this.

Meanwhile, I am diving into the VCM demo suite every day. When I reach the point of VCM purchase, I want to practice datalogging with the scanner on my stock fac tune (reference/learning points for me). THEN I'll crack open the A&A, install, tune, tweak.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:32 AM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by schpenxel

The AEM one you'd want now is probably 30-0333 though, it's an updated version of the one at the top of that list, it connects to the OBD port and can connect to HPT over that instead of with a separate 0-5V wire/signal.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:03 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Dashlogic arrived today, missing the green analog connector. I've contacted the vendor. Does anyone have suggestions for a different source?

Also, does anyone know the thread size of the wideband Innovate LC-2? I have an 18mm bung, but don't have the WB yet. Want to make sure before I weld it.

Dashlogic is slick. I tried it quickly. Shows v1.21.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2016, 09:58 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

M18x1.5 is the thread size you need

If you google 3 pin green terminal or connector you should find the right one.

Last edited by schpenxel; 09-21-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:38 AM
Whis9
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

where are you guys mounting you WB bung?
thanks
Old 09-27-2016, 10:54 AM
njedwardz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I would also look into Tech-Edge. I have one of their 2C0B units on my C6 for around a year now and reliability and performance has been perfect. Response time is excellent as well. Not sure if the others you're looking into offer serial communications, but that feature on the TE unit is great because you don't have to worry about calibrating your ADC/DAC circuitry in whatever datalogging equipment you're using. Still offers analog output if you need it too.

Get notified of new replies

To One More Wideband Q

Quick Reply: One More Wideband Q