C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My expierence with Chuck "COW"

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 PM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Default My expierence with Chuck "COW"

I wanted to take a moment and speak about a few experiences I have had with Corvettes Of Westchester. Often times we run to social media or forums to rant about a negative experience with a shop/person/business. As a business owner I see it first hand, contacting contractors or suppliers-- often asking what customer service really IS. Customer service is "the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met."

3 years ago my wife and I started the final phase of our C6 "Supervette" project. Over the 3 years we have learned our share of who to trust and who to stand clear of. This post is directed at one shop that really went above and beyond! After 4 " tuners " took a stab at this 2005 build, my mind was set, I thought "this is as good as it's going to get, aggressive cam, 2005, speed density tune, e85, NW102TB." We had a up hill battle to fight not to mention the fuel system problems another shop created. I reached out to Chuck in December for his "Cow Booster." I figured if this is as good as it's going to be why not have some fun with the throttle tables. After reading posts on Corvette Forum, what did I have to loose?! I sent Chuck my ECU and purchased a Autocal from him. I explained the experiences I had with other shops and what my expectation was. The fuel gauge was completely inoperable we did not know what year sending units were in the driver or passenger side. 05/06/07+ all had different sending units with a range of different slopes. All we could do was guess what sending unit was installed and make necessary changes. When the ECU arrived back with " cow booster " the first words out of my mouth were HOLY COW! This thing is AWESOME! Why didn't GM have the throttle tables like this from the factory?! Chuck also went through the tune making small changes here and there. The car ran BETTER, but was not perfect. Chuck had me datalog a few drives so we could see what exactly was going on, black and white. A few more changes here and there, the car was GREAT!! It wasn't until the final set of logs I sent him and the tune file he sent back that the car was truly "PERFECT." I asked myself, I spent $600 with each tuner for a "Dyno Tune" performance was there, drivability sucked. Chuck was able to not only smooth out drivability to near perfect but he was able to pick up a few low end torque we were missing out on.

I am sold on Corvettes of Westchester and Chuck. Who would have thought a mail order tune was the way to go with such an aggressive set up on a E40 platform?! I do not think the fact it was a mail order tune had to do with the results, I'm confident that the person behind the tune was why the car was near perfect! Customer service can go a long way, I did not expect Chuck to spend the hours and hours he did troubleshooting this! He really went above and beyond to ensure the car was perfect in every tuning and drivability aspect!

Another loyal Customer added to the positive experiences from Chuck and Corvettes of Westchester!
The following 3 users liked this post by ez2spd:
Chuck CoW (03-09-2017), JerriVette (04-02-2017), mikeCsix (04-19-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Nice Job Chuck!!
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (03-15-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 04:32 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

I've had a similar experience too. Chuck is a great guy and really goes out of his way for his customers. A while back when I was in New York, I drove up to Westchester to meet Chuck and he took the time off to drive me and the wife around and gave us a little tour of the area. He's spent countless hours on the phone with me before too, even after hours, helping me sort out some driveability issues. It does take hours of data logging to get a tune sorted, particularly driveability-wise.
The following 2 users liked this post by CI GS:
Chuck CoW (03-15-2017), speedz06 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 03:43 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Always good to see positive experiences from nearby corvette specialty shops. This is helpful
Thanks gentlemen
Chuck CoW (03-15-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you Sammy!

Originally Posted by CI GS
I've had a similar experience too. Chuck is a great guy and really goes out of his way for his customers. A while back when I was in New York, I drove up to Westchester to meet Chuck and he took the time off to drive me and the wife around and gave us a little tour of the area. He's spent countless hours on the phone with me before too, even after hours, helping me sort out some driveability issues. It does take hours of data logging to get a tune sorted, particularly driveability-wise.
Thank you Sammy! Hope to be able to make it to the Grand Island some time soon!

I hear that Tahoe of yours NEEDS a CoW BOOSTER!

Chuck CoW
Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Lived in Chucks shop for days. Was a fun time and no issues with the work. Then there is the man cave !!! LOL.

Hope all is well Chuck.

Jody.
Chuck CoW (03-21-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 01:20 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Very good.

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Lived in Chucks shop for days. Was a fun time and no issues with the work. Then there is the man cave !!! LOL.

Hope all is well Chuck.

Jody.
Very good. Those were good times!

Chuck CoW
Old 03-25-2017, 12:35 AM
Sudstrain
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love my COW tune.Thanks Chuck for 5star service.
Chuck CoW (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 12:52 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Hey STAN!

Originally Posted by Sudstrain
Love my COW tune.Thanks Chuck for 5star service.

Can't wait to get back to Vegas to spend some time with you and your wife!

We'll hit SEMA and some cool restaurants..... And maybe even some SUSHI again!

Can't wait!
Chuck CoW
Old 03-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Sudstrain
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Can't wait to get back to Vegas to spend some time with you and your wife!

We'll hit SEMA and some cool restaurants..... And maybe even some SUSHI again!

Can't wait!
Chuck CoW
Will be here before you know it. 7 more months. I will call you in second part of the april.
Chuck CoW (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 05:09 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default You know where I'll be!

Originally Posted by Sudstrain
Will be here before you know it. 7 more months. I will call you in second part of the april.
You know where I'll be!

Chuck CoW
Old 03-29-2017, 09:11 AM
Jason900rr
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Here's what a lot of people don't understand, there's a difference between a dyno tune and a street tune! Just because your car got tuned on a dyno doesn't not mean it's gonna run perfect on the street! In my experiences with shops, they usually wanna drive your car on the street after the dyno to smooth everything out in "real world" driving conditions. If they don't then I'd find a different shop

Originally Posted by ez2spd
I wanted to take a moment and speak about a few experiences I have had with Corvettes Of Westchester. Often times we run to social media or forums to rant about a negative experience with a shop/person/business. As a business owner I see it first hand, contacting contractors or suppliers-- often asking what customer service really IS. Customer service is "the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met."

3 years ago my wife and I started the final phase of our C6 "Supervette" project. Over the 3 years we have learned our share of who to trust and who to stand clear of. This post is directed at one shop that really went above and beyond! After 4 " tuners " took a stab at this 2005 build, my mind was set, I thought "this is as good as it's going to get, aggressive cam, 2005, speed density tune, e85, NW102TB." We had a up hill battle to fight not to mention the fuel system problems another shop created. I reached out to Chuck in December for his "Cow Booster." I figured if this is as good as it's going to be why not have some fun with the throttle tables. After reading posts on Corvette Forum, what did I have to loose?! I sent Chuck my ECU and purchased a Autocal from him. I explained the experiences I had with other shops and what my expectation was. The fuel gauge was completely inoperable we did not know what year sending units were in the driver or passenger side. 05/06/07+ all had different sending units with a range of different slopes. All we could do was guess what sending unit was installed and make necessary changes. When the ECU arrived back with " cow booster " the first words out of my mouth were HOLY COW! This thing is AWESOME! Why didn't GM have the throttle tables like this from the factory?! Chuck also went through the tune making small changes here and there. The car ran BETTER, but was not perfect. Chuck had me datalog a few drives so we could see what exactly was going on, black and white. A few more changes here and there, the car was GREAT!! It wasn't until the final set of logs I sent him and the tune file he sent back that the car was truly "PERFECT." I asked myself, I spent $600 with each tuner for a "Dyno Tune" performance was there, drivability sucked. Chuck was able to not only smooth out drivability to near perfect but he was able to pick up a few low end torque we were missing out on.

I am sold on Corvettes of Westchester and Chuck. Who would have thought a mail order tune was the way to go with such an aggressive set up on a E40 platform?! I do not think the fact it was a mail order tune had to do with the results, I'm confident that the person behind the tune was why the car was near perfect! Customer service can go a long way, I did not expect Chuck to spend the hours and hours he did troubleshooting this! He really went above and beyond to ensure the car was perfect in every tuning and drivability aspect!

Another loyal Customer added to the positive experiences from Chuck and Corvettes of Westchester!
The following 2 users liked this post by Jason900rr:
carls2004 (04-27-2017), Chuck CoW (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 01:20 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default That's how I feel.........

Originally Posted by Jason900rr
Here's what a lot of people don't understand, there's a difference between a dyno tune and a street tune! Just because your car got tuned on a dyno doesn't not mean it's gonna run perfect on the street! In my experiences with shops, they usually wanna drive your car on the street after the dyno to smooth everything out in "real world" driving conditions. If they don't then I'd find a different shop
That's how I feel......... I have tons of experience with that.

The problem is that even the dyno shops that "street drive" the cars afterwards, don't give the

vehicle enough time to properly learn (and or adjust) the fuel trims.

In no way, does dyno tuning your vehicle properly prepare your vehicle for the 99.999% street driving you're going to do.

It can run OK after dyno tuning but in almost every case I find lots of room for improvement.

Dyno tuning is a 4K to redline type of thing that pays little, if any, attention to what you're actually

going to be using the vehicle for most of the time you drive it.

It has it's place, but unfortunately, the public had been Bam-Boozled into thinking that somehow the

"magic dyno" means that the tune is somehow "better" than a street tune....

It's just simply all in how you define the words.... "better" or "correct".

In my vocabulary, "best" is a properly executed street tune that takes several hours to perfect... NOT 4 or 5 pulls

on the MAGIC MACHINE.

Chuck CoW
The following 2 users liked this post by Chuck CoW:
carls2004 (04-27-2017), JerriVette (04-02-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 05:16 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Totally agree on the street tune as the way to go. How much real world driving is done over 4000 rpms?
Chuck CoW (04-04-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Not much and that's my point....

Originally Posted by myredhead1
Totally agree on the street tune as the way to go. How much real world driving is done over 4000 rpms?
Not much and that's my point....

What's more REAL... You in your car from 4k to redline in 4 or 6 different gears with REAL TRACTION (or lack of),

REAL WIND, REAL FUEL in the tank, REAL changes in grade, with a wideband in the pipe

and the tuner tuning it for REAL circumstance????

Or a few pulls at WOT in 4th grar only..... On a machine... In a room......Artificial, atrificial, etc......

VS. a few hours of REAL DRIVING.........

I've done it both ways, and YES we use a dyno for certain things..... But not CAM cars or basic bolt on stuff.....

There IS a method to my maddness...

Chuck CoW
Old 03-30-2017, 03:16 PM
darknit
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Chuck, is it worth doing cow booster to a centri-supercharged 2005 ?
Chuck CoW (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 12:25 AM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by darknit

ill answer... YES! ❤️

Get notified of new replies

To My expierence with Chuck "COW"

Old 03-31-2017, 01:09 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default I promise you...

Originally Posted by darknit
I'm sure some of you will say this is crazy...

But, those that own the CoW BOOSTER! will absolutely agree that for the $200. bucks it costs,

You'll see that it's about the SAME thrill you got the first time you drove your blower and it's an easy $6,500. or more bucks CHEAPER!

AND, you don't have to RPM or the motor or make any BOOST to enjoy the thrill of the CoW BOOSTER!

Taking grandma to Church or rolling with traffic at part throttle...

IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE THE BEST MONEY YOU EVER SPENT ON YOUR CAR.

Chuck CoW
JerriVette (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 06:08 AM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
I'm sure some of you will say this is crazy...

But, those that own the CoW BOOSTER! will absolutely agree that for the $200. bucks it costs,

You'll see that it's about the SAME thrill you got the first time you drove your blower and it's an easy $6,500. or more bucks CHEAPER!

AND, you don't have to RPM or the motor or make any BOOST to enjoy the thrill of the CoW BOOSTER!

Taking grandma to Church or rolling with traffic at part throttle...

IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE THE BEST MONEY YOU EVER SPENT ON YOUR CAR.

Chuck CoW
now the car is running great we were able to dress it like lightning mcqueen to visit some children's hospitals! Putting smiles on ailing children's faces is what makes everything worth while..

Hey Chuck,
how's the tc on tc off comp mode booster coming along?

-Brian

Chuck CoW (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 11:41 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Hey Brian....

Originally Posted by ez2spd
now the car is running great we were able to dress it like lightning mcqueen to visit some children's hospitals! Putting smiles on ailing children's faces is what makes everything worth while..

Hey Chuck,
how's the tc on tc off comp mode booster coming along?

-Brian

Tell me how you want it set up and I'll build it for ya.

Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: My expierence with Chuck "COW"