C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pan gasket leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 AM
Larry R. Quinn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pan gasket leak

We discovered a small amount of oil and had the dealership visually confirm that it appears to be from the oil pan seal . My problem is that the dealership has recently lost their certified ZO6 mechanic . They have assured me the mechanic that would do the work is competent . I know we have all heard that story before . My question to all you Corvette experts is this : Is the oil pan gasket replacement in a 2007 ZO6 any problem ? Are there any issues with the ZO6 as compared to a non ZO6 model ? I would review the oil filling procedure with the technician . I have a good relationship with the dealership and they know that I am particular about my car . Aren't we all !
I would appreciate any suggestions that my Corvette friends might offer . Thanks in advance .
Old 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems like it's a lengthy process to replace oil pan gasket. mine's been in the shop since monday and just called to find out it may or may not complete by end of today, so taking 4 days so far? hope it's from tech working on other things and not because there is trouble putting things back together.

Quick Reply: Oil pan gasket leak