C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 clutch pedal woes and cures

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 PM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default C6 clutch pedal woes and cures

Just got the latest issue of Vette mag and there is an article about the C6 clutch pedal problems and ways to fix the problems. I had the non returning clutch pedal happen on my 05 before I got the car.Master,slave,lines and seals all replaced and of course new fluid. No problems since this was all done but it has only been a few months.Asked the dealer who did the work if I should have a remote bleeder line put in at the time they did repairs and was told no? Any way my question is do you think having the Lingenfelter Spring Kit mentioned in the article installed would be a good idea? Kind of preventive maintenance. Anyone done this on their C6? All help and comments appreciated and if anyone with Lingenfelter reads this please advise. Thx everyone.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Here's a discussion with a video and some responses by Lingenfelter:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...rn-spring.html
Old 07-18-2014, 09:48 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by donwil
Asked the dealer who did the work if I should have a remote bleeder line put in at the time they did repairs and was told no?
They should have put in a remote bleeder. I can completely flush my clutch hydraulics in five minutes with brand new fluid.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by torquetube
They should have put in a remote bleeder. I can completely flush my clutch hydraulics in five minutes with brand new fluid.
Dealers just don't get it. Too many Aveos and Malibus to work on.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 clutch pedal woes and cures

Quick Reply: C6 clutch pedal woes and cures