C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:48 PM
tslsa28
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Default T1 Control Arms

I have a base 2013 C6 I use for Time Trials in NASA. I added ZO6 springs, sway bars, and shocks and use R compound tires on the track. I am deflecting the oem front control arm bushings and am thinking about going to T1 control arms. Does anyone know why GM only offers the lower rear control arm and not the upper rear control arm for the T1package? They have the upper and lower front control arms and I don't know why they wouldn't do the same for the rear.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:08 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I don't know the answer, but you can get poly bushings for all the connections.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:30 AM
tslsa28
Racer

Thanks but I was trying to stay with all GM parts if possible. Does anyone ever just do the bushings on the front control arms and not do the rears? The C5 T1 suspension didn't have anything for the rear control arms, just the front.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:09 AM
tslsa28
Racer

Has anyone just done the front bushings and kept the originals in the rear? The fronts seem to be under a lot more stress than the rears.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:20 AM
timd38
Race Director

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by tslsa28
Has anyone just done the front bushings and kept the originals in the rear? The fronts seem to be under a lot more stress than the rears.
I bought the six available parts and thought it was fine, then I took the old arms and two used rear upper arms, and put poly bushings in them.

Could not tell much difference between the stock and T1, but saw a huge difference when I went to poly. Today I have the T1 and stock rear uppers. Ride suffered when I went to the poly and since I am a really $itty driver, I could not take advantage of the poly bushings, so why not get the old ride back was my thought.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:08 AM
tslsa28
Racer

Thanks and I'm sure you're a better driver than you think. Do you track your car and did you have a problem with the stock bushings that led you to change? I am only thinking about doing something since my stock bushings are not holding up to the cornering and braking on the track with R comnpund tires.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 PM
timd38
Race Director

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks and I'm sure you're a better driver than you think. Do you track your car and did you have a problem with the stock bushings that led you to change? I am only thinking about doing something since my stock bushings are not holding up to the cornering and braking on the track with R comnpund tires.
I bought my car new in 2006 and it as 16,000 miles on it, so I never really worn anything out in the suspension.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:35 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 166 Posts

Not sure what your specific issue is, there is a thread, maybe in the autocross/roadrace section about reversing the UCA rear bushing which stopped the bushing "walk" - while still using the OEM rubber bushings.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 Control Arms

Quick Reply: T1 Control Arms