C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Cut Outs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 03:54 PM
jimy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Electric Cut Outs

Where is the best place to run the wires and mount the toggle switch on the C6? I've got a muffler shop going to weld the cut outs and I want to get the wires into the car while the car in on the lift.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:02 PM
KB9GKC
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jimy
Where is the best place to run the wires and mount the toggle switch on the C6? I've got a muffler shop going to weld the cut outs and I want to get the wires into the car while the car in on the lift.

Hello,

You can see in this photo that I drilled holes in the floorboard and brought the wires right into the cabin.

Good Luck,

Dougllas
Old 09-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Here is what I did.

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Had QTP cutouts installed by Florida Performance in Fort Lauderdale. Overall very pleased with the job Rob, the shop owner, did. This was his first C6 and he found a great place to put them and made the custom mandrel bent Y-pipes to maximize flow from the cutouts. We found no way to put them right after the collectors but they fit well by the trans. I have the DTE brace too but it wasn't in the way.

Installed the wiring myself along the drivers side rocker panel, behind seat then out the wheel well under the carpet. Removed the rear inner fender and drilled a small hole in the wheel well then ran the wire down to the cutouts. Hardest part is finding a hot wire when the ignition is on on these C6's. I ended up tapping the seat heater fuse as others here have done.

They are loud and DEEP when open at idle. I've actually heard louder exhaust though, I was kind of surprised they are not louder. I think it is because of the turn downs and the fact that I have cats and the pipes are pretty long before the cutouts. On the track they have a nice race car sound - I'd say like Borla Stingers plus 25%. When you open them at a stoplight you will turn heads, that's for sure.

Overall happy with the mod, it gives me quiet during my morning drive but loud when I'm at the track which is what I wanted.

Here is a video of idle with cutouts open and closed. The gain on the mike makes the closed sound much louder than it is, it's really quiet with factory mufflers even with my cam.

Here are some pics:

Old 09-21-2014, 02:06 PM
jimy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe G - That's exactly what I want to do. I can't see where you ran your wires into the car. I heard some run the wires through the shifter area.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jimy
Joe G - That's exactly what I want to do. I can't see where you ran your wires into the car. I heard some run the wires through the shifter area.
Read my second paragraph above. What I did was very easy and didn't have to remove the close out panel below the car with 50 bolts.

Get notified of new replies

To Electric Cut Outs

Quick Reply: Electric Cut Outs