C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall-- Computer

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:13 PM
racerbug
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recall-- Computer

I have a 2006 and just jot a recall for the headlight wiring . A friend of mine told me that if you bring your corvette in that the service tech will clear your computer to stock and make it so you can't reprogram it. Has anybody heard of this?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:35 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

No.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:31 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by racerbug
I have a 2006 and just jot a recall for the headlight wiring . A friend of mine told me that if you bring your corvette in that the service tech will clear your computer to stock and make it so you can't reprogram it. Has anybody heard of this?
Other way around that your friend must be thinking, hence some tuners lock the tune/PCM after they have tuned the car, and it's the dealers Tech II programing tool that can not make any changes to a locked PCM if needed instead.

As for tech II and the jumper wire for the light recall, they are not going to change anything on the PCM programing. If anything, they might just plug in a Tech II to scan only for some information (can scan a locked PCM, but can not make changes to a locked PCM with a Tech II).

Get notified of new replies

To Recall-- Computer

Quick Reply: Recall-- Computer