C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tpms on lf tire shows 0 psi

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:00 AM
tech 2009
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tpms on lf tire shows 0 psi

Took my 2005 in to have the jumper wire for low beam recall performed. car ran fine the 15 miles to dealership. left dealership and used cruise @ 35 mph then hit it 10 times when speed limit went to 45 and again when @ 55. when the car actually hit 55 all kinds of warning lights came on and the read out told me i was running on decreased power. AND I WAS. the car sounded like a rod bearing was coming out at idle when i pulled off the road. Went back to dealer. service lady was outside and she saw the car visibly shaking, and heard the horrific noise. when i saw her face had recognized that there was a problem, i quickly cut it off. then here comes the most rude shop serviceman i have ever seen. any who. when i restarted the car in front of him, it ran fine and off to the house i went. Only to have the exact same thing happen at the exact same place in the road after following the exact same get to speed process. Limp mode for the next 10 miles home. that was about 2 months ago. have not driven it since then thanks to GM not giving a sh*t. Initially thought problem was caused by other lights going off, ie: check active handling, active control and so on. I sat in the car last week to start it and went through the lights. EVERYTHING was normal again. Not even the check engine light was on. I was baffled. Ran through information and found that the left front tire was reading 0 psi. Though I had just put 30 psi in all tires BEFORE the trip to the dealer. IT STILL SAYS 0 PSI. Question? Will a C6 drop my power and put me in limp mode if the car actually thinks that i have a 0 psi condition. I have already purchased a new tpms for that wheel. and I will order the relearn tool tomorrow. ALSO, because all those warning lights came on and the relearn tool cost $80 should i just spend the extra $s for a diagnostic tool at $275 that reads epb, abs, srs, sas, and the tpms? Whew that was a lot, my fingers are tired. Sunshine tomorrow. will take car and run it through same get up to speed process using the cruise button X 10 each time and see what happens at 55 before doing any work at all to see if i can make it repeat the problem. Thanks

Last edited by tech 2009; 03-31-2015 at 03:05 AM. Reason: one more thing
Old 03-31-2015, 11:15 AM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

that is really strange and possibly 2 issues. The fuse box over the passenger front tire was where the light mod was done. I would look to see if the plug wires on that side could have been unsnapped. As far as the tpms it was probably their time to go, but if it just went to sleep, it may wake up after 15-30 minutes of driving.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 PM
tech 2009
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tpms on lf tire shows 0 psi

so! i took car for drive today. followed same speed up procedure to get to 55 mph. car ran fine for about the same mileage as before but just reaching speed quicker. then all hell broke loose. every imaginable warning light came on, including engine power reduced. parked quickly and killed car. started it up and it still was on reduced power. tried everything. killed car, but this time i got out and closed the door. got back in and tried again and it ran fine. continued on my way. 1/4 mile, again! repeat same routine. shut car down and just opened the door, shut it and it started again. it did this to me 6 times, trying to get home. then i did something that i never do to get out of the car, I lifted the tilt wheel up to get out. But this time i left it lifted. car started fine and proceeded to hit 150 in seconds. mile after mile was going by, so i decided i was going to make it home too quick to make a call on what i thought the problem was, so i set cruise at 55. drove all the way back home, just like it should. thought process, if tilting the wheel by person that sold me the car, caused metal contacts to be worn to the point of not making contact, what's to stop it from wearing out a little plastic comb (fix) that GM's bright engineers came up with. i read in the service active handling recall forum that one of the guys, i think his name was bill, actually bent his connectors a little. next course of action, his. i'm gonna bend them and install a new STYLISH comb with that. will let you know. thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To tpms on lf tire shows 0 psi

Quick Reply: tpms on lf tire shows 0 psi