C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cats for x pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Cats for x pipe

So I made a mistake and went with a non catted x pipe from kooks, the smell is too much. Can anyone tell me what cats would be similar to what kooks uses? Size and dimension wise?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:56 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Maligator
So I made a mistake and went with a non catted x pipe from kooks, the smell is too much. Can anyone tell me what cats would be similar to what kooks uses? Size and dimension wise?
they are 3", many vendors sell 3" hi flow cats. you'd have to get them welded in between the upstream and downstream 02 sensors on each side. personally I'd buy the one from kooks and see if you could sell yours.
I have no cats and don't mind any smells.....was your car tuned?

Last edited by rpmextra; 08-27-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:48 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmextra
they are 3", many vendors sell 3" hi flow cats. you'd have to get them welded in between the upstream and downstream 02 sensors on each side. personally I'd buy the one from kooks and see if you could sell yours.
I have no cats and don't mind any smells.....was your car tuned?
it was tuned, its just a bit much. The cam already knocks picture frames off the wall, but the smell drives my wife nuts.............
Old 08-28-2015, 12:03 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Maligator
it was tuned, its just a bit much. The cam already knocks picture frames off the wall, but the smell drives my wife nuts.............
Tell her...because "race car"
Lol my wife likes the smell of petrol.....
I was initially running rich and was retuned and leaned out using wideband with lambda. The smell is virtually gone

Get notified of new replies

To Cats for x pipe

Quick Reply: Cats for x pipe