C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hinson Headers--who has them???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Daviddear30
Pro

Received 210 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Hinson Headers--who has them???

Sorry if there is a list somewhere. Just looking for feedback from owners who have used Hinson Headers..

Are they too good to be true at that price point? Made in USA, with X pipe, and Ceramic Coated for cheaper than everyone else. .What am I missing?
Old 05-01-2016, 08:40 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I helped install a set and they went on great with no issues. The only thing I'd request is that they send longer (30" at least) o2 extensions.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:52 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I think every person that has installed them has complained they either included the wrong O2 extensions or the ones included were barely long enough, lol

Look at what headers cost for most other platforms... makes me wonder why an option like Hinson hasn't been around longer.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:09 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I think every person that has installed them has complained they either included the wrong O2 extensions or the ones included were barely long enough, lol

Look at what headers cost for most other platforms... makes me wonder why an option like Hinson hasn't been around longer.
Yep that's the biggest complaint I've seen and personally experienced. We ended up having to cut the o2 wires out of the harness and loop them back for enough slack but it all ended up working out...as soon as we fixed the issues we had with the injector plugs that crumbled as we unhooked them.

The headers themselves were a dream though. The only install tip I have is to make sure you're not trying to push all the pipes in as far as they will possibly go otherwise the curves in the pipes won't line up with their corresponding curves in the tunnel.
The following users liked this post:
StealthVette05 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 12:39 AM
(hmmm)
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

For sub $800 ceramic coated hearers and x pipe (3"), I felt good about the deal. My O2 extensions were just fine, but 2 of the clamps were wrong size. A call to Hinson got the proper clamps on their way to me.
All in all, I'm quite satisfied with this purchase.
The following users liked this post:
StealthVette05 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 12:50 AM
Garmans12valve
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i love them. Great bargain and everything installed fine. I didn't do the heat cycles at all and my coating has flaked so I would recommend breaking them in properly.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:51 AM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Sounds like a good deal. I am interested in ordering them I just don't want to get them, go to have them put on and have an issue like stated above - wrong clamps, short o2 ext. and then have to wait for the correct items to be shipped...I guess for the price, you can't really complain though.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Daviddear30
Pro

Received 210 Likes on 72 Posts

So they are ok. But I need to look out for short of extensions.

Any of other concerns?

Looking forward to adding some to the npp exhaust
Old 05-02-2016, 01:27 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by MDSilverVette
Sounds like a good deal. I am interested in ordering them I just don't want to get them, go to have them put on and have an issue like stated above - wrong clamps, short o2 ext. and then have to wait for the correct items to be shipped...I guess for the price, you can't really complain though.
Just take what you've learned from this thread and make sure you have what you need before taking the car apart
Old 05-24-2016, 08:15 PM
pyrodav
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Mine went on easy and sound great. Wrong O2 sensor delivered even after confirming on the phone I had a Grand Sport and that they would send me the right trapezoid connection. Luckily Jegs had 3' extensions 1.5 hrs away. I should have checked instead of trusted they were right...the car was on the rack and tore down. The mechanic still had plenty to do while I fetched the right parts. Hinson has this statement at the bottom of their install page. "
Our goal is to deliver a high quality product with top notch customer service. Contact us with your questions or concerns. If you cannot leave perfect feedback on this product, please contact us to see how we can assist you". Wonder why? Like I said I'm happy, and they shipped them within an hr. After calling them...so I have an extra set if somebody needs them....
Old 05-24-2016, 09:20 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Before/after dyno or video? How'd they do power wise? Cats or no cats?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:28 AM
pyrodav
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

No videos. I went with no cats. Im still tweaking the tune. The weather has been horrible around here in Ohio. Diablew is who I am using for the tune, so I will not have dyno numbers.
Im not real concerned about power, the thing is already scary... I wanted the sound and thats what I got! Headers/catless with NPP sound awesome!
Old 05-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by pyrodav
The weather has been horrible around here in Ohio. Diablew is who I am using for the tune, so I will not have dyno numbers.
Im not real concerned about power, the thing is already scary... I wanted the sound and thats what I got! Headers/catless with NPP sound awesome!

I went the same direction ... and I got the same result , its scary and crazy loud . Glad I have NPP

Dave
Old 02-08-2017, 11:21 PM
seevi
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put a set on my 07 last month. No problems with the install, no problems with the quality of the product, no problem with the O2 extensions. They're pretty loud with NPP open and power was notable before tuning.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Nelson765
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I posted the same question about a month ago. I got a lot of mixed reviews, but it seem that there were more negatives than positives, enough negatives to make me lean towards one of the 3 popular brands. Got the absolutely best deal on a set of Kooks LT 1 7/8 and off road pipes, from Maryland Speed. The difference in price was just a couple hundred dollars so it was an easy decision to go with a top of the line set, everything you need is included and with lifetime waranty. You hardly hear issues with Kooks, ARH or LG. Most of the top shops only sell and install one of those three brands. Here is the link to my thread;

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...headers-2.html

Lots of good unbiased information. IMHO he little savings don't justify the risk of a lower quality product, installation issues and down the road problems.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Incalescence
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed Hinson headers and catless x-pipe on my car about six months ago and have had zero issues and love the sound. Like a lot of people saying: I recommend you getting longer 02 extensions. Also, make sure you do the heat cycles because a buddy of mine didn't and his coating started to flake off.

Last edited by Incalescence; 02-10-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:00 PM
HP_atTheWheels
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got a set of the Hinson Headers with high flow cats for Christmas. I did the install myself in my garage on jack stands on my 06 LS2. Everything went together super easy and I did 5 heat cycles. They sound amazing, and I have muffler deletes. I had tune done by DiabloLew. I was worried about the length of O2 extensions, when I got them the first thing I did was measure them. They all four measured 32" and I got and extra set of clamps, the entesions routed perfectly without me have to mess with the factory harness to get more room. Maybe they finally listened and lengthed them... I think the quality of the fit, finish, and performance are perfect for half the price of other brands.

Last edited by HP_atTheWheels; 02-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:03 PM
mrk1957
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

I've had mine for a year with the catted h pipe, ceramic coated. They're a great deal .
Old 06-02-2021, 04:32 PM
y0ung TcHalla
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just purchased headers and Xpipe from them hope it goes well

Get notified of new replies

To Hinson Headers--who has them???

Quick Reply: Hinson Headers--who has them???