Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] I May Have Screwed Up My Exhaust Actuators

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:50 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I May Have Screwed Up My Exhaust Actuators

I bought a Borla X-Pipe and had it Jet-Hot coated. I decided to have the stock over-the-axle muffler pipes, just up to the muffler, Jet-Hotted at the same time as the X-Pipe. When I picked the pipes and mufflers from Jet-Hot I noticed that the exhaust tips were discolored. I asked about it and they said, oh, that's because we heat everything up to 650 degrees.

Now the NPP actuators don't work with the Mild 2 Wild remote. It looks like the left one tries, but doesn't move the flapper. The right one doesn't seem to move at all. I was wondering whether anyone knows if there is a rubber diaphragm inside the NPP actuators that might have melted from the heat of the Jet-Hot process? Or maybe some shot blast material got into the vacuum lines in the actuator. Any ideas?

If I did screw them up, can the actuators be replaced? Or will I need to replace the entire muffler sections?

Does anyone have a set of 09 Z06 mufflers they want to get rid of?

Thanks for any ideas on what might be wrong with them or mufflers you might have lying around if you replaced your stock '09 mufflers.

Steve

Last edited by SLandstra_Z06; 12-13-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:35 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
I bought a Borla X-Pipe and had it Jet-Hot coated. I decided to have the stock over-the-axle muffler pipes, just up to the muffler, Jet-Hotted at the same time as the X-Pipe. When I picked the pipes and mufflers from Jet-Hot I noticed that the exhaust tips were discolored. I asked about it and they said, oh, that's because we heat everything up to 650 degrees.

Now the NPP actuators don't work with the Mild 2 Wild remote. It looks like the left one tries, but doesn't move the flapper. The right one doesn't seem to move at all. I was wondering whether anyone knows if there is a rubber diaphragm inside the NPP actuators that might have melted from the heat of the Jet-Hot process? Or maybe some shot blast material got into the vacuum lines in the actuator. Any ideas?

If I did screw them up, can the actuators be replaced? Or will I need to replace the entire muffler sections?

Does anyone have a set of 09 Z06 mufflers they want to get rid of?

Thanks for any ideas on what might be wrong with them or mufflers you might have lying around if you replaced your stock '09 mufflers.

Steve
The baking process of cooking the coating may have wasted the rubber diagphrams in the bi-mode actuators on both mufflers. I don't think that the actuators are serviced, but you may go by your local dealer and ask just to be sure.

Quick Reply: [Z06] I May Have Screwed Up My Exhaust Actuators