Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Ragin Racin - 600hp & 625hp Packages No Headers Required!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Ragin Racin - 600hp & 625hp Packages No Headers Required!!!

Ragin Racin is happy to introduce 2 new packages. These 2 packages will consist of our 2 most popular camshafts, the Lethal & Stalker. These will be a no headers required package. We have seen a lot of questions here about no headers and finally decided it was time to make a package deal. When installed here at Ragin Racin you will recieve a Lifetime Warranty on all Workmanship for as long as you own the car.

The Package Price is $3499 installed and Dyno Tuned!!!

Here is whats included-
RR-LS7 Camshaft with our upgraded 675 springs/retainers/seals/seats
RR- Ported Intake & TB
Callaway CAI
160 Stat
All new Gaskets- 2 Valve cover Gaskets/2 water pump gaskets/
Front Cover Gasket/ Front Seal
New LS7 Crank bolt
All new fluids - Dex-cool / Power steering fluid/ Clutch fluid Flush/ Mobil 1 5w-30 / AC Delco - PF-48 filter
New NGK TR6 Spak Plugs
RR- Custom Drivability and Street Tune
RR- Custom Dyno Tune
RR- Video of your car on Dyno
Lifetime Warranty on all workmanship

Here are the graphs.

RAGIN RACIN
Randy Leger
337-278-8397
sales@raginracin.com
http://www.raginracin.com

Last edited by Randy@RaginRacin; 12-02-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:21 PM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

How is the drivability on these cam packages? What might be the lowest drivable rpm with out a buck etc...

Thanks

PS the after torque is 489... correct?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Looking at that graph... I don't understand how anyone can truly say "eh, headers don't really do much"

Now, i'm really not trying to step on your packages shawn, as some folks just refuse to put headers on their cars and this is a great way to make more power and appease those folks......

But, looking at this graph and others WITH headers, there is about a 20rwhp+ difference, even as high as 30rwhp with some other lethal Z cam-only setups. Of course in stock trim with a stock cam the stock mannies are going to do fine and headers will generate some power, but not like this. 20-30rwhp is quit significant and one would be hard pressed not to raise an eyebrow at those kinds of gains WHEN doing a cam.

However, that is just me.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

I think there are just a lot of people who are still on the bandwagon that headers leak. With the MLS Gaskets out these days they seal up pretty well. Others don't like extra noise of headers. Either way this package works.
When you consider you can get a Stalker or Lethal cam and have the excellent drivability of the cams without as much noise. It really is unsuspecting when you get to a red light with someone. Got to love it!!! There has been a need for so I am delivering an excellent product for everyone.

Shawn
Old 12-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

It's not that headers "don't do much", it's that they're not very cost-effective, especially as a first mod. The packages here are around $35/hp. At close to $2k installed for good headers with cats we're looking at close to double that. Some shops are doing cams for under $2k installed and easily pulling double the gains that headers will.

On top of all that, headers will add to your labor bill at most shops at clutch time, and headers are far less emissions--inspection-friendly if you live in a place that either has emissions now (some places) or might have them in future (everywhere). Headers can cook things, and headers are noisy.

IMO headers are a good "last mod" on a typical NA setup. I would do cam, intake, CAI, tune first.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

To get back on-topic, I just want to say that one of the things that impresses me most about Ragin Racin is the way they're up-front and public about everything. They develop lots of different packages for different needs and tastes, they document them down to the last gasket and cam spec, they give you a complete price, they publish dyno sheets for all packages, and they have lots of vids of customer cars. No "call us to discuss your needs" (which I'm sure they will do as well if that's what you want). I just think it's a super approach, and I think that other vendors could take a lesson from them.

These no-header packages are really impressive considering the cost, (lack of) ownership hassle, and results.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM
94th hour
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Deal ! If you guys where local to me I would be all over this.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

We have gotten a lot of responses from this. I knew you guys would like it!!!.

Get notified of new replies

To Ragin Racin - 600hp & 625hp Packages No Headers Required!!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Ragin Racin - 600hp & 625hp Packages No Headers Required!!!