metallic scraping noise
I have a 2011 Z06 with ~18k miles. It started making some noises 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling it's something related to rotor/caliper/brake pads.
I'm going to take off the rotor this weekend and measure it to see the highest/lowest point. Also look at the brake pads and calipers.
What do you guys think?
* metallic scraping noise that corresponds to wheel revolution
* pulsating brake pedal when slowing steady to a stop
* scraping noise is more noticeable when making a wide left turn
* noise and pulsating only comes after at least 30 min of driving; noise does not appear when first starting car after 5 day break; takes a while of driving for noise to appear
* front passenger rotor has 2 deep groves, can see brake pad imprints on a section
* brake pads are still good, pins don't look like touching the rotors
* jacked up car and tugged wheel at 6&12 oclock positions, no play
* didn't see any rocks or anything else hitting rotor