Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Katech hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Default Katech hood

Thinking of ordering the katech fiberglass hood or the World challenge hood. I can't find any good pictures of the katech hood. Does anyone have any?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 PM
wstaab
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 130 Posts

Old 06-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Yep, that is the only one I can find.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

good looking hood!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:26 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to Katech webpage, go to store, then body parts for Z&ZR1. Whala.....carbon fiber or fiberglass..
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Yes, and there isn't any good pictures of finished hoods which is why I am asking.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by Unreal
Yes, and there isn't any good pictures of finished hoods which is why I am asking.
My Bad...
Old 06-07-2013, 11:20 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Try this, type in KATECH CLUB SPORT in search box, look for katech z06 club check in, 11th down, then click on # 12. frenchians Z. Scroll down to # 6. i believe that give you a good view of hood..
Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

That is the world challenge hood, not the katech hood. Thanks for the help though. Plenty of good pictures of the WC hood. I may just go that route since I'm doing it for cooling.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Bumping this thread to prove I actually DID USE the searchfunction….. lol….

I am finding myself in the same boat as Unreal was a coupleyears ago. I’m looking for a different hood, was considering the Katech hood,and can’t find many pictures of it installed and painted.

I would like something discrete, not too ‘busy’…. Minimalventing, and a mildly higher rise than the stock hood. Actually, I love thecarbon Z06 hood, but it’s not vented. I think the Carbon hood is the perfectheight, shape, etc…. I’m not paying 4K for a stinking hood though either.

I hope to have my car repainted this winter…. Hopefully hasto due with my pathetic stock portfolio at this point. The guy who I intend tohave paint the car told me to avoid fiberglass. He suggested I get a metalhood, or a CF hood. As my car is black, he told me that he generally has to putconsiderable work into aftermarket fiberglass hoods to get them ready forblack. He finds metal and/or CF much simpler to get ready for black paint.Seeing how he’s been painting cars for thirty years, I’m gunna trust his judgment.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:21 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Some new options have come on the market.

It is more of a track item as cooling is optimized by large vents, but does look good, fit and finish are great.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tyle-hood.html
Old 08-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Or the Camaro hood scoop. I would just do that if I could go back.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:00 AM
silvrhand
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Or the Camaro hood scoop. I would just do that if I could go back.
I like the hitech hood, is it not really a vented hood? I wish the ACP hood would be made without the center vents.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:47 AM
sp1tty
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hi-tech hood is vented!

I get a lot of compliments on mine!
Old 08-22-2015, 01:51 AM
sp1tty
Intermediate

Old 08-22-2015, 02:30 AM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hood/car looks great
Old 08-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Originally Posted by blkbrd69
Some new options have come on the market.

It is more of a track item as cooling is optimized by large vents, but does look good, fit and finish are great.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tyle-hood.html
Nice. Thanks for posting that. It's hard to tell with all the vents, but it is any higher than the OE?

I actually "need" a bit of a raise in the hood itself. My CIA rubs, and so does the MSD coil packs.

Originally Posted by sp1tty

You are a man of many words.....

What hood is that?? Is it CF or fiberglass, and do you know if it is higher than the OE hood? How are the lines? Quality?

Get notified of new replies

To Katech hood

Old 08-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Sled Driver
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Nice. Thanks for posting that. It's hard to tell with all the vents, but it is any higher than the OE?

I actually "need" a bit of a raise in the hood itself. My CIA rubs, and so does the MSD coil packs.

What hood is that?? Is it CF or fiberglass, and do you know if it is higher than the OE hood? How are the lines? Quality?
I think that is the Hi-Tech hood, which is only in fiberglass if I remember correctly.

This is their website, but it looks like they only make gun parts now? http://www.hitechcc.com/

Something like the z07 hood in CF with some additional venting down the sides of the cowl is exactly what i'm looking for, but no one makes anything like that as far as I know.

The Halltech hood is a good option but it is pricey and I don't think he makes them anymore.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:42 AM
sp1tty
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael_D

In the post above I mentioned it is a Hi-tech Vented hood. Fiberglass. The fit is awesome and one of the best for an aftermarket hood that I have seen. The middle is higher than or hood. Quality is really good!

I bought the car with the hood installed, so I'm not really sure how much effort it took to prep/paint it
Old 08-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sled Driver
I think that is the Hi-Tech hood, which is only in fiberglass if I remember correctly.

This is their website, but it looks like they only make gun parts now? http://www.hitechcc.com/

Something like the z07 hood in CF with some additional venting down the sides of the cowl is exactly what i'm looking for, but no one makes anything like that as far as I know.

The Halltech hood is a good option but it is pricey and I don't think he makes them anymore.
Originally Posted by sp1tty
In the post above I mentioned it is a Hi-tech Vented hood. Fiberglass. The fit is awesome and one of the best for an aftermarket hood that I have seen. The middle is higher than or hood. Quality is really good!

I bought the car with the hood installed, so I'm not really sure how much effort it took to prep/paint it
Sorry. I didn't notice your earlier post. Thanks for the info. The hood is pretty darn closet to what I have painted in my mind's eye..... Not too flashy or busy, but still functional.

I also like the hood that Carvagio makes, but haven't been very successful finding much information on it, and the info I did find, was not flattering.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Katech hood