Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 556 RWHP with stock exhaust manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 01:57 PM
GMGiuffre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just shows how amazing of a job GM did with the LS7 Exhaust Manifolds with the 3" high flows cats.
Also how amazing of a port job American Heritage CA do!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:09 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by GMGiuffre
Just shows how amazing of a job GM did with the LS7 Exhaust Manifolds with the 3" high flows cats.
Also how amazing of a port job American Heritage CA do!
More so with AHP. With the right headers, one would expect another 40rwhp added to that figure, easily. An electric water pump and we're talking over 600rwhp on a TQ'r cam....amazing really.

Assuming that dyno is not fluffing the numbers, that car at 580+ would wax most 620rwhp setups on the strip. So much power under the curve!

I only have an H/C setup on mine and I'm right at 500-510rwhp on a somewhat stingy dynojet. With the ported MSD I have sitting in my closet with a 102TB and CAI, I imagine I might be around 535rwhp on a clean run. Just goes to show how much that cam selection appreciates exhaust manifolds. I don't think larger cams with more overlap would perform as well with exhaust manifolds like this one does.

Last edited by fueledpassion; 02-10-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:07 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Kohle,

Whats the turn around time like if I were to drop my car off for heads, cam plus TB and Manifold porting oh and adding headers? I'm contemplating driving my car down to get your handiwork and I need to know how many days I'm looking at in the LA area while you do the work.

I would like to have all my original parts reworked and installed back in my car.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:30 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Les-10
That's an awesome package for sure. I've got 1-7/8 ARH's w/catted-X, the 110 Torquer & am making 30 less hp. I've been contemplating downsizing to the 116 as I have a friend with one and I like his driveability/street manners much better than mine.

Two Questions:
1) Is the 116 Torquer you used ground to baseline/original specs?
2) What do you estimate the ported tb & intake are adding (hp wise)?
Thank you for the compliment. The 116 is nice, lots of power but drives like stock when you need it to.
1) PM sent Sir
2) 15hp or so

Last edited by American Heritage; 02-11-2016 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:45 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
More so with AHP. With the right headers, one would expect another 40rwhp added to that figure, easily. An electric water pump and we're talking over 600rwhp on a TQ'r cam....amazing really.

Assuming that dyno is not fluffing the numbers, that car at 580+ would wax most 620rwhp setups on the strip. So much power under the curve!

I only have an H/C setup on mine and I'm right at 500-510rwhp on a somewhat stingy dynojet. With the ported MSD I have sitting in my closet with a 102TB and CAI, I imagine I might be around 535rwhp on a clean run. Just goes to show how much that cam selection appreciates exhaust manifolds. I don't think larger cams with more overlap would perform as well with exhaust manifolds like this one does.
This package pulls hard that is for sure. It will supersize more than a few, especially if all you see is a CAI and stock manifolds when you ask to see under the hood.

When selecting mods it needs to be a complete package, everything must compliment everything else. Its about making your LS7 a more efficient air pump. Correctly ported heads, ported intake, ported Tb and proper cam section help out alot when it come to adding power.

Also it helps that when we port our heads, intakes and throttle bodys we focus on velocity. The higher intake air velocity the quicker the heads come online and the quicker in the power band the power kicks in.
The following users liked this post:
fueledpassion (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 08:53 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Very nice numbers!
Old 02-11-2016, 10:03 AM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by American Heritage

When selecting mods it needs to be a complete package, everything must compliment everything else. Its about making your LS7 a more efficient air pump. Correctly ported heads, ported intake, ported Tb and proper cam section help out alot when it come to adding power.

Also it helps that when we port our heads, intakes and throttle bodys we focus on velocity. The higher intake air velocity the quicker the heads come online and the quicker in the power band the power kicks in.
I agree. My setup is particularly designed to work well with a Tri-Y header setup, which unfortunately is an expensive route to take.

I wish there were affordable LS7 heads that used smaller runners, something like 255cc. The company that built mine has a Brodix LS7 package that has 258cc runners yet it still flows over 400cfm...problem is, the package is like $8K, lol. No bueno! I personally like the setups that want to snap your spine @ 2500rpms due to throttle response and TQ. 98% of the time I stay between 2500-5000rpm's while street driving. So naturally, I like my power to be made and felt in that range.. Good job with this one!

Last edited by fueledpassion; 02-11-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

I agree. My setup is particularly designed to work well with a Tri-Y header setup, which unfortunately is an expensive route to take.

I wish there were affordable LS7 heads that used smaller runners, something like 255cc. The company that built mine has a Brodix LS7 package that has 258cc runners yet it still flows over 400cfm...problem is, the package is like $8K, lol. No bueno! I personally like the setups that want to snap your spine @ 2500rpms due to throttle response and TQ. 98% of the time I stay between 2500-5000rpm's while street driving. So naturally, I like my power to be made and felt in that range.. Good job with this one!
Thank you for the compliment.
I am also a Torque man and love the head snapping quick throttle response of a properly configured setup.
Most focus on peak HP but how often do you drive your vehicle to 6,500-6,800rpms vs how often do you drive it 2,500-5,000 rpms...
Thats the reason we like to focus on our low lift, mid lift and velocity numbers when we do our port work. Our goal is to build a snappy torquey beast.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:50 AM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Thank you for the compliment.
I am also a Torque man and love the head snapping quick throttle response of a properly configured setup.
Most focus on peak HP but how often do you drive your vehicle to 6,500-6,800rpms vs how often do you drive it 2,500-5,000 rpms...
Thats the reason we like to focus on our low lift, mid lift and velocity numbers when we do our port work. Our goal is to build a snappy torquey beast.
Do u guys have any aftermarket casting LS7 packages that u offer?
Old 02-16-2016, 04:21 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Do u guys have any aftermarket casting LS7 packages that u offer?
Not yet but one day we will have our own castings.
The aftermarket castings that are currently on the market are not quite what we are looking for.
If possible we would like to one day smelt our own alloys and cast our own heads (in house). That way we assure of quality in all regards which is what really matters to us (quality).

Last edited by American Heritage; 02-16-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:44 PM
C5FRCPewter
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you milling the heads when you port them or staying with the stock Compression ratio?
Old 02-27-2016, 07:56 PM
MikeOC
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Crazy power for all the stock parts still on there, great job!
Old 02-27-2016, 07:59 PM
MikeOC
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NW94Z
Kohle,

Whats the turn around time like if I were to drop my car off for heads, cam plus TB and Manifold porting oh and adding headers? I'm contemplating driving my car down to get your handiwork and I need to know how many days I'm looking at in the LA area while you do the work.

I would like to have all my original parts reworked and installed back in my car.

Might come out cheaper to have the car shipped, maybe $300-400 each way?
Old 02-28-2016, 03:29 PM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

parts and install price for this package?

Last edited by NiteriderFRC; 02-28-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

I'm just curious how much more hp and torque is added by getting the heads ported. I've already got new heads, but didn't have any extra work done to them besides the new bronze guides and ss exhaust valves. Is it worth having them done again? I'm at 524 rwhp and 475 torque.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:11 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
I'm just curious how much more hp and torque is added by getting the heads ported. I've already got new heads, but didn't have any extra work done to them besides the new bronze guides and ss exhaust valves. Is it worth having them done again? I'm at 524 rwhp and 475 torque.
This wouldn't happen to be the same LMB Z in LE just outside of Texarkana?

If so, I'm the silver Z that parked next to u at the show. If not, please ignore all of this lol.

As far as the question goes, on stock ported heads w/ compression added, anywhere from 15-40rwhp if still on pump gas. Probably similar amounts of torque. Just like headers, anytime there is a cammed application involved, more gains are to be expected. For instance, I'm a little over 500rwhp and about 460rwtq with just H/C package but no other bolt-ons. That same H/C package has made almost 590/560 with a CAI and headers.

Last edited by fueledpassion; 02-28-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:29 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

This wouldn't happen to be the same LMB Z in LE just outside of Texarkana?

If so, I'm the silver Z that parked next to u at the show. If not, please ignore all of this lol.

As far as the question goes, on stock ported heads w/ compression added, anywhere from 15-40rwhp if still on pump gas. Probably similar amounts of torque. Just like headers, anytime there is a cammed application involved, more gains are to be expected. For instance, I'm a little over 500rwhp and about 460rwtq with just H/C package but no other bolt-ons. That same H/C package has made almost 590/560 with a CAI and headers.

Same one ....thanks
Old 03-01-2016, 04:05 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MikeOC
Might come out cheaper to have the car shipped, maybe $300-400 each way?
If we are reusing your heads and no warranty company is involved we can get the car back to you in 2 weeks.

We used to have an older Gentleman that we used for shipping/transport. If im not mistaken he was about $400 each way. He kept the cars covered the entire time and treated our vehicles the way they deserve. He has since retired, so If anyone has a good shipper to recommend send us a PM.

This package is about the limit of the stock manifolds (in our opinion).
We have a similar package but uses a slightly different cam and Long tube headers. Consistently puts down 600rwhp+ on the dyno. Our 600rwhp package has almost stock like driveablity. I say almost because 600rwhp when driven consistently hard will require a more "aggressive clutch setup".
Old 03-01-2016, 04:16 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
Porting is good for a solid 15-20 rwhp. Plus correct porting increases velocity which helps move the power in sooner (lower rpm power).

Quick Reply: [Z06] 556 RWHP with stock exhaust manifolds