Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LeibosVette Z06/Z07

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:00 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWRYDE
Great build along. I appreciate your efforts in sharing it here. Cyber Gray is one of my all time favorite colors in a Corvette. Enjoy the beast!
Thanks.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:54 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Next steps:

Been speaking with two great Corvette shops/people.

I have ordered Tony Mamo's ported and shaved MSD intake manifold with modified stock rail covers. Also asked him to port a stock throttle body for me while he is at it. Tony is a great guy and was very patient as I went back and forth with him and changed my mind several times regarding my plans. Answered a ton of questions, great sense of humor, answers emails promptly, and is passionate about LS7 motors. Top notch so far, here is a link for those that are lazy and have not been paying attention to his work:

MamofiedMSD

I have also been speaking with Todd at Doug Rippie Motorsports. Plan will be for them to remove and take care of the heads, valve train, timing chain, mild cam, Halltech intake, ARH catted headers, install everything - including stuff sent by Tony - and tune. Hoping for around 550 WHP and 530 WTQ. DRM will also replace rubber bushings with poly, throw on some braided stainless brake lines, do a good alignment, put on front and rear tow hooks and maybe a few other minor things. I could say the exact same great things about Todd and DRM, responsive, patient, customer service oriented and super nice to deal with as well.

Hoping to have all this done by the fall so I can still get some time at the track before winter kills the Minnesota track opportunities.

Last edited by LeibosVette; 07-09-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:18 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Time for some more modifications. Here is what is happening:

ARH headers
WCCH heads
Comp Cams Cam
Fast Injectors
C5R timing chain
Nick Williams 102 throttle body
Tony Mamo ported MSD intake manifold
Calloway Honker intake
Hinson motor and trans mounts

Install and tuning by Doug Rippie Motorsports

First of all, I can not say enough good things about DRM and Tony Mamo. Tony has been super responsive and delivers as promised and on time. He was very helpful in deciding what to do with my car and in the end my budget limited me from doing what he ultimately suggested which included his Trick Flow heads. DRM were super easy to work and both Doug Rippie himself and Todd Cleasby are amazing. Truly no nonsense guys who care about doing the right thing. Todd called me weekly while we were figuring out what I wanted to do. Once again I did scale back in the end due to budget constraints.

These guys are true professionals and their work is top notch from what I can tell and in addition to Doug being a legend, he is super nice and easy to talk to as is Todd.

I dropped off the car at DRM yesterday and hope to pick it back up in one to two weeks. When I dropped it off Doug came out and looked everything over and immediately said that my initial plan of using a ported stock 90mm throttle body was a bad plan, he got on the phone and ordered me a NW 102 throttle body right away and promised I would be happier and the car would do much better. If they have time they will do some back to back testing of both to confirm. They were happy to see the Mamofied MSD and have already had great results installing a non-ported MSD intake manifold on another customer's car.

Stay tuned for some pictures and another interesting bit of information...
Old 10-08-2016, 11:22 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Old 10-08-2016, 11:31 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

So I explained to Todd that I had purchased a Diablo tuner and loaded an off the shelf tune into the car previously. I had brought the programmer with me and he indicated that he would reload the stock tune prior to doing all the work and doing their own tune once all the goodies were on the car. I told him I did not really feel like the off the shelf map had done much to my car...

He also told me that they always do a baseline dyno prior to modifying to get a true sense of how much they have gained. He said that these cars usually make around 440RWHP on their dynojet.

Sure enough within half an hour of my arrival he had the car strapped down already and did a pull. Then he reloaded the stock map and did another pull immediately after. Results:

RWHP RWTQ
Diablo map 447 372
Stock 447 417

Anyone want to buy a lightly used Diablosport Intune I2 tuner? Willing to sell cheap...
Old 10-08-2016, 11:38 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Last edited by LeibosVette; 10-08-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:44 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

First run is with off the shelf map that came with Intune, second is stock
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2016_10_7_Z06BaselineDyno .pdf (329.8 KB, 175 views)
Old 10-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by LeibosVette
Link no worky
Old 10-08-2016, 11:56 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Can't seem to get it to embed. Try this:

Old 10-09-2016, 12:17 AM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

You got it working now, beautiful Z07.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:50 AM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Thanks, will post up results as soon as available.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Thanks, will post up results as soon as available.
I'd like to hear some details around the NVH differences between stock and the Hinson mounts please, when you get a chance.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:44 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
I'd like to hear some details around the NVH differences between stock and the Hinson mounts please, when you get a chance.
I've read the difference is slight, but noticeable. I think its going to be subjective though...some people may be hyper-sensitive, others not so much.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:10 AM
Flyr282
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car had a Mild to Wild installed already. I put the controller in the pocket of the driver's side door for easy access using some velcro to secure it. My first real mistake with this car was due to lack of understanding about interior color options.

I wanted to get a new cover for the center cubby and add a bit more padding. The first time I ordered one I got the wrong color due to being careless. The second time I got the wrong color as I did not know that there was a regular and a "dark" titanium. The third time I got it right. Unfortunately these are special order items and I don't think I can return the mistakes?

Made the same mistake with my car but only once. Haven't bothered buying another. It bugs me every time I notice it though.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:52 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
Will be letting everyone know soon I hope...
Old 10-13-2016, 10:53 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Flyr282
Made the same mistake with my car but only once. Haven't bothered buying another. It bugs me every time I notice it though.
Mine matches now, could not stand it. Glad I am not the only one that does stuff like that.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Progress

Get notified of new replies

To LeibosVette Z06/Z07

Old 10-14-2016, 08:04 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

It is alive again, needs tuning. First start up. Todd at DRM said my valve guides were shot, at least based on excessive wiggle when he told heads off.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Enjoy that new found power before winter comes!
Old 10-14-2016, 10:49 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Your motor looks like mine did last month when I did my cam.

Looks sweet with the Mamo intake!!!

Mine is going on tomorrow rain permitting

Quick Reply: [Z06] LeibosVette Z06/Z07