Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MacMulkin, Kerbek, who else?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 AM
4U2ENV
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
yes sir
cell 740-739-8377
even on Z06
Old 01-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Beernut0875
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oklahoma or Texas Dealers

Originally Posted by David Wallis
all the dealers here in Oklahoma City honor the discount except on Z06, there is a hold from GM for that model
what dealers in OKC will match MacMulkin or Kerbeck? I'm looking for a '15 coupe Z51 Mag Ride, PDR. I have a trade so can't deal with east coast mega dealers.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,436 Likes on 780 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I am in Florida and bought both of my C6's from Kerbeck. I will be buying a C7 Z06 convertible from them when the time comes.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:05 PM
cajunboyz
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
yes sir
cell 740-739-8377
Rick, what state your in?
Old 01-18-2015, 02:56 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

If you order it out of state, how do they usually go get the car? fly in and drive it home? have it shipped? shipping you don't know how they going to deal with your car since you ain't around. what if there are damages?

for out of stage what other fees do I need to factor in? I am in Vegas thanks for the help guys
Old 01-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default www.corvettefurman.com

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
Considering my first Corvette but the dealers close to me, other than Criswell,
I look forward to our appt this week. It will be well worth the 45 minute drive down to Criswell.

Mike Furman
301 212 4420
Criswell Chevrolet
www.corvettefurman.com

Last edited by Mike Furman@Criswell; 01-18-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:42 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by okaythen
If you order it out of state, how do they usually go get the car? fly in and drive it home? have it shipped? shipping you don't know how they going to deal with your car since you ain't around. what if there are damages?

for out of stage what other fees do I need to factor in? I am in Vegas thanks for the help guys
Transportation of automobiles is an every day occurrence with hundreds of vehicle transports on the road daily. Do your research on transport companies, and be very careful with any transport "broker" that you work with. Some are good and some make promises for pickup and delivery dates that they cannot fill. Truck or transport brokers simply are paid a fee to put your transport request over a "central dispatch" system and trucking companies in the field bid or accept the rates. Truck "brokers" do not own trucks, they are simply an agent to find a transport company for you.

To eliminate a lot of hassle, most car dealerships can make arrangements for the transport of your vehicle from their respective dealership. Most vehicles are transported on "open transport" vehicles/trucks. All manufacturers use "open transport" trucks when delivering new cars to dealerships. Shipping in an enclosed truck is the owners choice and you can add up to 1/3 more in cost for an enclosed trailer. Reliable and Intercity are the big names in enclosed transport of vehicles and most are all high end cars, $75,000 in value and up.

Be sure to go to www.transportreviews.com and look up the name of the trucking company and see the reviews posted by the paying party.

Corvettes are shipped from the plant in Bowling Green with a basic car cover on them, most new cars are wrapped in plastic to protect the cars surfaces. If you are transporting the car from a forum vendor dealer, have the Corvette shipped with the original transport cover. Costs to ship currently run $.75 cents to $1.00 per mile delivered for what is called "door to door" delivery, right to your residence.

Transport companies should to be licensed, bonded, and insured for transport otherwise don't use them. A Bill of Lading form is signed by the dealership before it goes on the transport, and any scratches, dents, and other problems are so noted on the Bill of Lading, and signed before any trucker will load the car. Once delivered the buyer can inspect the vehicle for any damage that may have occured during shipping. In all my experiences having vehicles shipped, I never had any damage reported.

Hope this info helps.

My 2015 Corvette is currently on a transport as I write this. Here's the C7 being loaded at Cable Dahmer Chevrolet in Independence, Mo. Delivery tomorrow Monday 1/19/2015.
Attached Images  

Last edited by nmvettec7; 01-18-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:23 AM
blue max
Burning Brakes

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE=rmorin1249;1588652434]I took my BMW M635 Euro out for a drive today before winter weather arrives tomorrow. Stopped at 2 Chevy dealers to see if they had any allocations. Neither one had any Corvettes in stock and neither had an allocation. I will probably make a trip over to Kerbeck this spring just to get a chance to see the various colors in the flesh. When I decide exactly what I want I'll email several dealers and see what they can offer. Thanks for all the feedback. It's good to know there are several dealers out there that are easy to work with and treat their customers with respect. I'm a retired Army Colonel, been driving BMWs since the 80's but have always wanted a Vette. I like the process of buying a car but only if I am dealing with an honest dealer and salesperson. The Corvette has now matured into the kind of sports car that I have been waiting for Chevrolet to build. I'd like to do a factory delivery but no way I'm going to pay GM almost $1000 for the privilege of picking up my car at the factory and saving them the cost of bringing it to me. I've picked up several BMWs in Munich and saved money even after figuring in the cost of the trip but GM wants the customer to pay them just for the opportunity to tour the factory.

I think if you ever had a Museum delivery you would say it is the best money you can spend. There is a lot to it and a amazing experience. It is way more than just a factory tour. Watching your car being built is also a life time experience.
Blue Max
Old 01-18-2015, 04:01 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

It's a no-brainer. The one an hour away. You'll be glad U did come service time.

Same goes for any forum dealer that's just an hour away, even if NCM delivery.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Considering my first Corvette but the dealers close to me, other than Criswell, seem to have little interest in selling me a car. I can qualify for military or credit union pricing. Is this about the best I can get on an ordered car? Are MacMulkin and Kerbeck worth dealing with? Both are within a day's drive. Are they about equal in terms of customer service? Other concern is service as local dealers seem to sell and service very few Corvettes. I could go to Criswell as they are only about an hour away. Would like to hear from customers of any of these dealers. Thanks.
Kerbeck is ok. I tried to work with them on the purchase of a c6z. However they want to charge for state sale tax in the state you will license the car.

You could also try reliable chevy in springfield mo. -- although its quite a distance from you, -- they were offering smoking deals on c6zr1's they were selling 125k zr-1's for 90-95k brand new.

Kerbeck never made it clear to me how they would pay sales tax they collected from me to the state the car would be registered and licensed in (of Missouri in my case). I was afraid I would get double dinged on sales tax. by kerbeck and then by Missouri again.

Plus I sold my c4Zr1 myself, and had a notarized bill of sale on that car, to deduct from the purchase of the c6z therefore lowering my sales tax obligation. They were unwilling to help figure out this conundrum on the sale of the c4zr-1 and getting the sales tax reduced I would pay to them(kerbeck).

I ended up buying from a dealer about an hour away from my home for about 3k less than kerbeck was going to sell me an identically equipped car --- and got the sales tax deduction from the sale of the c4zr1. - plus I saved about 2k on the sales tax.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 01-18-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:39 PM
LES STANFORD CHEVY
Platinum Sponsor Since 2004

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Credit union discount

Considering my first Corvette but the dealers close to me, other than Criswell, seem to have little interest in selling me a car. I can qualify for military or credit union pricing. Is this about the best I can get on an ordered car? Are MacMulkin and Kerbeck worth dealing with? Both are within a day's drive. Are they about equal in terms of customer service? Other concern is service as local dealers seem to sell and service very few Corvettes. I could go to Criswell as they are only about an hour away. Would like to hear from customers of any of these dealers. Thanks.
Les Stanford Chevy in Dearborn , Michigan can help you. Call or email.

Dennis Tap
Les Stanford Chevrolet
734-716-3212
dennis_tap@lesstanford.com
Old 01-18-2015, 06:20 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Kerbeck is ok. I tried to work with them on the purchase of a c6z. However they want to charge for state sale tax in the state you will license the car.

You could also try reliable chevy in springfield mo. -- although its quite a distance from you, -- they were offering smoking deals on c6zr1's they were selling 125k zr-1's for 90-95k brand new.

Kerbeck never made it clear to me how they would pay sales tax they collected from me to the state the car would be registered and licensed in (of Missouri in my case). I was afraid I would get double dinged on sales tax. by kerbeck and then by Missouri again.

Plus I sold my c4Zr1 myself, and had a notarized bill of sale on that car, to deduct from the purchase of the c6z therefore lowering my sales tax obligation. They were unwilling to help figure out this conundrum on the sale of the c4zr-1 and getting the sales tax reduced I would pay to them(kerbeck).

I ended up buying from a dealer about an hour away from my home for about 3k less than kerbeck was going to sell me an identically equipped car --- and got the sales tax deduction from the sale of the c4zr1. - plus I saved about 2k on the sales tax.
Not to worry. You don't get double dinged on sales tax. Once you pay, the home state will credit you for home state taxes paid out-of-state. That's all done under reciprocity agreements between states. They are required to collect tax from your home state.

But hey, if you got 3K less than Kerbeck PLUS the deduction from the selling another car yourself, more power to you.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:51 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Transportation of automobiles is an every day occurrence with hundreds of vehicle transports on the road daily. Do your research on transport companies, and be very careful with any transport "broker" that you work with. Some are good and some make promises for pickup and delivery dates that they cannot fill. Truck or transport brokers simply are paid a fee to put your transport request over a "central dispatch" system and trucking companies in the field bid or accept the rates. Truck "brokers" do not own trucks, they are simply an agent to find a transport company for you.

To eliminate a lot of hassle, most car dealerships can make arrangements for the transport of your vehicle from their respective dealership. Most vehicles are transported on "open transport" vehicles/trucks. All manufacturers use "open transport" trucks when delivering new cars to dealerships. Shipping in an enclosed truck is the owners choice and you can add up to 1/3 more in cost for an enclosed trailer. Reliable and Intercity are the big names in enclosed transport of vehicles and most are all high end cars, $75,000 in value and up.

Be sure to go to www.transportreviews.com and look up the name of the trucking company and see the reviews posted by the paying party.

Corvettes are shipped from the plant in Bowling Green with a basic car cover on them, most new cars are wrapped in plastic to protect the cars surfaces. If you are transporting the car from a forum vendor dealer, have the Corvette shipped with the original transport cover. Costs to ship currently run $.75 cents to $1.00 per mile delivered for what is called "door to door" delivery, right to your residence.

Transport companies should to be licensed, bonded, and insured for transport otherwise don't use them. A Bill of Lading form is signed by the dealership before it goes on the transport, and any scratches, dents, and other problems are so noted on the Bill of Lading, and signed before any trucker will load the car. Once delivered the buyer can inspect the vehicle for any damage that may have occured during shipping. In all my experiences having vehicles shipped, I never had any damage reported.

Hope this info helps.

My 2015 Corvette is currently on a transport as I write this. Here's the C7 being loaded at Cable Dahmer Chevrolet in Independence, Mo. Delivery tomorrow Monday 1/19/2015.

thanks so much! and congrat on your car! what color is it? fun starts tomorrow have fun man!
Old 01-19-2015, 01:30 PM
blue max
Burning Brakes

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

Default Trade and Sales tax

I think I saw someone say in this thread that even though they did not trade the car to a dealer and sold their car to an individual that they submitted some form to the state and just paid the sales tax on the difference between the two cars.???
Old 01-19-2015, 04:34 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by blue max
I think I saw someone say in this thread that even though they did not trade the car to a dealer and sold their car to an individual that they submitted some form to the state and just paid the sales tax on the difference between the two cars.???
I would also like to know about this? I never understood how a car gets taxed at the point of each sale per individual. I paid sales tax on 60k when I bought my C6 vert. brand new, then they collect it again each time it's sold as a used car again.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:48 PM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blue max
In Missouri, you have 6 months from the time you sell your car, until you purchase a different vehicle, and you only pay the taxes on the difference. Very simple form you can pick up at the license office. Just have to provide a bill of sale. If you purchase a new vehicle, and then sell a vehicle within 6 months, you can complete a from to get refunded on the tax difference. Actually, it's not just for cars either. I sold a car and will be buying a boat, and I can use the car sale against the sales tax on the boat. Obviously, each state is different.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:15 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo

I've bought many vehicles from another state.The dealer collects the money and pays registration,tags,taxes in the state that you live.Thats just the way they do business.

Get notified of new replies

To MacMulkin, Kerbek, who else?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:07 PM
4U2ENV
Pro

Originally Posted by thrilled
I've bought many vehicles from another state.The dealer collects the money and pays registration,tags,taxes in the state that you live.Thats just the way they do business.
I have never seen a car dealer collect the money to pay for registration,tags,taxes in the state that you live. It's the tag agency that does that. I live in Oklahoma, if I go to Texas, I pay for the car bring it back here, then pay for registration,tags,taxes here only, not in Texas cause it's where you live not where you purchase the car!

Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 PM
4U2ENV
Pro

Originally Posted by Beernut0875
what dealers in OKC will match MacMulkin or Kerbeck? I'm looking for a '15 coupe Z51 Mag Ride, PDR. I have a trade so can't deal with east coast mega dealers.
all 5 dealers here will give you the credit union, military, teachers, student discount

Old 01-20-2015, 07:43 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by David Wallis
even on Z06
sorry not at this time

Quick Reply: MacMulkin, Kerbek, who else?