C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A or ECS

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 11:08 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by joemosfet
I'm a little confused... are you saying that when making an order, saying "I'd like the free upgraded head unit" or "I'd like a different smaller pulley" isn't simple?

As for Procharger, could you expand on what makes you think that ease of installation equates to lack of quality? (edit: just note that I'm not saying you're wrong, or anything like that, I'm just curious. I actually went with the A&A kit based primarily on it's price, secondly on the intercooler air dam. But I do have a ProCharger kit on my dad's HEMI, and it's fit and finish is magnificent, just like A&A's kit on my Corvette. I had an Edelbrock on my HEMI before I crashed it.)
Of course it's simple, but my point is with an ECS kit you dont even have to do that. You simply GET the bigger unit and the restrictor plate to go 7-8 or 10 psi. You have to admit that is nice. With any other kit you're buying pulleys.

I don't like all the pre made rubber parts that come with the procharger and the reason it clears the ABS module is because the shaft and bracket on the head unit is extended. Start overspinning that little p1sc and see if that shaft doesn't bend.

Im going to say it again, they're all good kits.

Last edited by C7&7; 12-21-2016 at 11:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
joemosfet (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 11:35 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Cool, very valid points. And yeah, we're picking nits here, they're all good kits.

But nits shall be picked, and as for the head unit and desired psi, you can also simply GET the psi you want thru A&A or it's distributor, when you make your order - as I did.

You could simply flip your logic and say that with A&A you get to choose between head units, the smaller more efficient one if you'll never upgrade, or the larger less efficient one if you plan on upgrading. You have to admit that is nice. With ECS, you're stuck with the single larger less efficient head unit and have to use a restrictor plate to lower the PSI.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:55 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Cool, very valid points. And yeah, we're picking nits here, they're all good kits.

But nits shall be picked, and as for the head unit and desired psi, you can also simply GET the psi you want thru A&A or it's distributor, when you make your order - as I did.

You could simply flip your logic and say that with A&A you get to choose between head units, the smaller more efficient one if you'll never upgrade, or the larger less efficient one if you plan on upgrading. You have to admit that is nice. With ECS, you're stuck with the single larger less efficient head unit and have to use a restrictor plate to lower the PSI.

You are not "stuck" with the larger head unit or a restrictor plate. I wouldn't mind selling a kit with the smaller head unit since they are less expensive. We simply found our design makes the most TQ and is the easiest kit to upgrade the power down the line. The larger head unit is far from "less efficient".
Old 12-21-2016, 12:04 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Procharger
Old 12-21-2016, 01:07 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

So there you go. Even the ECS rep says that they'd like to offer multiple head unit options because it gives more flexibility. Score one for A&A.

As for efficiency, the 1200 and Si are 78% efficient while the 1500 and Ti are 74% efficient (maximums), according to compressor maps. Perhaps negligible, but as you mentioned, this whole thread is picking nits. There is the whole issue of potentially reduced longevity that comes with using a restrictor plate, but there are plenty of other threads that fight about that, so I won't get into that.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:26 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

So there you go. Even the ECS rep says that they'd like to offer multiple head unit options because it gives more flexibility. Score one for A&A.

As for efficiency, the 1200 and Si are 78% efficient while the 1500 and Ti are 74% efficient (maximums), according to compressor maps. Perhaps negligible, but as you mentioned, this whole thread is picking nits. There is the whole issue of potentially reduced longevity that comes with using a restrictor plate, but there are plenty of other threads that fight about that, so I won't get into that.

Ahh I see, you have an agenda. Got it.
The following 3 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
1ccrider (12-22-2016), JSracing (01-26-2021), MeHeartCorvettes (12-23-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 01:26 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That isn't what he said, but good try

Last edited by schpenxel; 12-21-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:40 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Why, you make such a compelling argument. He clearly stated he wouldn't mind selling a kit with the smaller head unit. Like I said, picking nits, they're all great. But, lets get back on topic, I didn't mean to cause anybody to turn this thread to ****, just encourage thoughtful dicussion.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:43 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Oh God not this **** again.... But for the record ECS
Old 12-21-2016, 03:45 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

That is not what he said, you fail.

Last edited by thegame; 12-21-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:45 PM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Not sure you can go wrong with either. I went A&A. You asked about which is quicker on track and I don't think there's a clear win here either as it depends on how you order it. A&A offered me a larger head unit FOR FREE, but I stayed with the SI which was perfect FOR ME. One thing will remain true = no matter what you get...traction is going to be the biggest issue to track times.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Fast6.3
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
Here is a good thread that compares all of the supercharger options. ECS is on top of all the centri's. This is a base kit comparison. If you're looking for the most power and simplicity ECS is the answer.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-sc-kits.html
damm acording to this chart the ecs is right there with the eforce which is a pd blower very impressive
Old 12-21-2016, 05:46 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

On thing is the ECS kit is far quieter. Another forum member I took for a ride in my car and he has an A&A kit.

My car its very hard to tell it even has a blower. His had the one thing I hate(but some love) is the rocks in a can blower sound. High pitched and shrill even at idle.

Even listening to some video's ProCharger kits they are pretty loud but they do seem to find more of a home with people who like straight cut gears.

I have a bunch of miles on mine, over 15K, and fill the meth about every 7-8 days which will give you an indication how I drive it. No problems at all.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:24 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Oh God not this **** again.... But for the record ECS
I know right. People get all butt hurt when their team isn't chosen.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:23 PM
stab1991
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

All great kits, I live close to ECS , so it was a no brainer. Great low end torque and just under 700 rwhp.

Talk to the shops around you, see what they are familiar with and have installed and tuned many of them.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:04 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 562 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by NoOne
On thing is the ECS kit is far quieter. Another forum member I took for a ride in my car and he has an A&A kit.

My car its very hard to tell it even has a blower. His had the one thing I hate(but some love) is the rocks in a can blower sound. High pitched and shrill even at idle.

Even listening to some video's ProCharger kits they are pretty loud but they do seem to find more of a home with people who like straight cut gears.

I have a bunch of miles on mine, over 15K, and fill the meth about every 7-8 days which will give you an indication how I drive it. No problems at all.
My A&A is very quite and if it wasn't for the whoosh of air you can't tell it's on....my 2 cents
Old 12-23-2016, 04:52 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
My A&A is very quite and if it wasn't for the whoosh of air you can't tell it's on....my 2 cents
Procharger offers the choice of straight cut gears or helical. I personally love the sound of blower whine so it will straight cut for me

Get notified of new replies

To A&A or ECS

Old 12-23-2016, 07:39 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,397 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
Of course it's simple, but my point is with an ECS kit you dont even have to do that. You simply GET the bigger unit and the restrictor plate to go 7-8 or 10 psi. You have to admit that is nice. With any other kit you're buying pulleys.

I don't like all the pre made rubber parts that come with the procharger and the reason it clears the ABS module is because the shaft and bracket on the head unit is extended. Start overspinning that little p1sc and see if that shaft doesn't bend.

Im going to say it again, they're all good kits.
I am just going to comment on what you just said because it is blatantly wrong and I don't want anyone to base their decisions off what you said.

1) "pre made rubber parts"? really? Not having to cut the skid plates and intake tubes is awesome! Can't mess it up. Also, another member on here took advantage of that and was able to return his car completely to stock without having to buy new parts to the replace the ones he modified. I don't ever plan on doing that but that's a good option to have.

2) Many of the highest hp and fastest C7s are running prochargers F1 series with that exact bracket and untouched abs modules:

Moving the abs module is not incredibly hard, Procharger just designed their bracket a such way where its not needed. A&A and ECS decided it's a simple enough procedure and focused their efforts elsewhere.

I picked the procharger because:
-the simplest kit to install yourself and requires zero cutting. Even if by a tiny margin, it's still simpler.
-comes with a mail tune (got it dyno tuned 2 weeks after)
-I liked the bigger intercooler because I like to take my car to the track and its hot as hell here in texas.
-I like the way the bottom of the intercooler has protection with louvres

I didn't pick ecs because:
-cutting
-having to get car to tuner right away
-bottom of the car setup with all the rubber flaps
-no mail tune

I didn't pick A&A because:
-I think the mail tune was the only deciding factor, i was very close to getting A&A

All 3 kits will work 90% the same. The last 10% is: one might have lower IATs in hotter climates, the other will have more torque below 4500 rpm, the third may have a quieter unit. There are an absurd amount of threads already asking the same question.

I must say that I wish procharger worked like the other two smaller companies in such that the guys at ECS and A&A will answer the phone on the weekend and do everything to help you. I also must say my procharger tensioner was seized up and needed to be lubed. Otherwise it runs like a dream, zero problems. Also zero oil in my catch can/breather after 3k miles which makes me wonder why I spent $500 on that stupid thing.

Anyways, helical gears, p1sc, not loud enough to be annoying but loud enough to tell you this thing is not stock.

and you can hear the whistle and woosh here. To put into perspective how track friendly this kit is, my transmission and water temps gave me warnings before IATs got too high.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 12-23-2016 at 07:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blown81bu (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 08:40 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Say it again Procharger!
The above statement i totally agree
No cuttting or modifying anything especially an auto
10.3@140
Old 12-23-2016, 09:31 PM
thegame