Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
lowwhite6
CF Senior Member

Default The New C7 Is Sweet!

I think we all know by all the photos how the new C7 is going to look bye now! I really like the new look,and with a base model having 450 H P i will think of selling my 05 after the C7 has been out for a few years. I ran out and bought my 05 right when they came out and its been a great car so far,Has never been in the shop for anything at all but the the first year model sometimes has a few bugs to work out. Anyone feel the same way?
lowwhite6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
laconiajack
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowwhite6 View Post
I think we all know by all the photos how the new C7 is going to look bye now! I really like the new look,and with a base model having 450 H P i will think of selling my 05 after the C7 has been out for a few years. I ran out and bought my 05 right when they came out and its been a great car so far,Has never been in the shop for anything at all but the the first year model sometimes has a few bugs to work out. Anyone feel the same way?
No. I've already got 436 HP so I don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if I have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon Camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it.
laconiajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
glenB
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

No, bye now
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
z edge
CF Senior Member

Quote:
No. I've already got 436 HP so I don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if I have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon Camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it.
z edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
Tally Ho
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL

I'll reserve judgement on the C7 until I actually see one. As for the extra hp, I have 500+rwhp in the 06 and 505bhp with the 13 so no incentive to buy because of hp increase.

Former Vettes:
1982 Collector Edition (1985-1992)
1989 Convertible-white/blk/blk(1990-2002)
1998 Convertible-black/blk/blk(2001-2005)
1982 black/silver grey (2010-2011)
2013 427 conv. CRM/blk/blk (2012-2014)
[IMG][/IMG]
Tally Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Scruff Vette
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowwhite6 View Post
NO. No more 1st year anything from GM. I had a '68 and '05. The '05 had so many problems I sold it back to the dealer at a small loss.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
maxp
CF Senior Member

I traded my 08 vette for a 13 GS so I can wait a few years on the C7 - it already has a one year 8 speed auto transmission
maxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
JerriVette
CF Senior Member

I agree the c7 will be awesome and it will be a vehicle to purchase next. I was hopeful the dual clutch transmission would be part of the c7 program at some point but that does not seem to be part of the c7 launch.

I won't trade in my c6 z51 manual with NPP until I actually get to test drive the new 8 speed automatic.

Like I mentioned above I want the direct drive feel of a manual with the consistency and shift speed of today's technology.

I would hate to go to another brand to get what I want.

Hopefully the new 8 speed automatic is off the chart from a driver feel and performance standpoint.
JerriVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
ATC399
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Its going to be a Beast, but I'll hold on to my Z06...
ATC399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #10
BWF07
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

/jack.tipton.16

I will wait until I see the actual C7 unveiled this weekend. I am not saying that all the renderings that have been posted are not accurate, but I just think that there will be a few surprises once we see the real C7.
As far as the increase HP, I don't consider it a big gain, but I also think that the 2015 model year will have a few different engine combinations to pick from.
BWF07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #11
Flh Den
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerriVette View Post

Hopefully the new 8 speed automatic is off the chart from a driver feel and performance standpoint.
Gosh I don't know how I ever got by with my old 2 speed power glide. Rhode Island is too small for an 8 speed. By the time it shifts into 8th I would either be in CT or Mass.
Flh Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

yeat ANOTHER C7 THREAD IN C6 take it to C7 guys, thats why there is a forum for it.

and BTW, let's not get too caught up in 450HP vs 436HP...I'm quite sure the C7 will easily outperform the C6 , remember it's also going to be a couple hundred pounds lighter...so let's not discount the performance before numbers are even released based on 1 peak HP number
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
z06inVB
CF Senior Member

A new multiple displacement engine from the guys that can't get a column lock or harmonic balancer right.

Good luck with that.
z06inVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
boraxman
CF Senior Member

boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
AORoads
CF Senior Member

"I think we all know by all the photos how the new C7 is going to look bye now!"

We do? I don't. I can wait for the real car to appear.

And I'm with Jack for the time being. 436 chp, 6 speed manual, convertible in a beautifully-designed package, fourth model year of the generation=happy driver.
AORoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
TLS_Addict
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06inVB View Post
A new multiple displacement engine from the guys that can't get a column lock or harmonic balancer right.

Good luck with that.
GM has been doing it for years with no real issues to date so why would it all the sudden be an issue now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraxman View Post
Pass it, brah.
TLS_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #17
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196
Support Corvetteforum!

I am ready for a new model as the C6 is an awesome platform but long in the tooth
peter pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #18
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by laconiajack View Post
no. I've already got 436 hp so i don't think 3.2% more horsepower amounts to a tinkers damn, especially if i have to drive a car whose rear end looks like a cartoon camaro, and that has an instument panel that looks like a 1950's pin ball machine. But hey, if you like it go for it.
clueless
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
TLS_Addict
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Clueless is a great movie!
Yes, yes it is.
TLS_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #20
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

If I had the need or desire to buy a new C7 I wouldn't wait for years due to a fear of a first model year car. You never know but like you, my 2005 has been extremely reliable and trouble-free. I'm not afraid to buy a first model year Corvette. If I have the hots for a C7 I might be inclined to wait for a Z06 version (assuming one is in the works). I'd still keep my C6 as a track car so that might reduce the likelihood I'd want to modify the C7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
I will wait until I see the actual C7 unveiled this weekend. I am not saying that all the renderings that have been posted are not accurate, but I just think that there will be a few surprises once we see the real C7.
As far as the increase HP, I don't consider it a big gain, but I also think that the 2015 model year will have a few different engine combinations to pick from.
Probably so but just thinking of a 4 or 6-cylinder engine with forced induction in a Corvette makes me throw-up a little in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06inVB View Post

Good luck with that
I won't dispute the problems you mentioned but in fact, these two issues affect a small minority of cars. Virtually all make cars have their unique issues. Iin general, GM/Chevy engines are widely respected and desired for their reliability and performance....their short-block V8's have been the gold standard for decades. It's no guaranty for new technology engines going forward but if put into perspective the problems you mention IMO don't warrant such skepticism.
Lingenfelter 403 Conversion, LG Pro Headers (coated), Corsa Sport Exhaust, Lingenfelter CAI, Accusump, LGM Coil-Over Suspension & Bump-Steer Kit, T1 Sway Bars, Pfadt Control Arm Bushing Kit, Elite Eng. Tunnel Plate & Oil Catch-Can, SKF Racing Hubs/Bearings, AP Racing Brakes, DRM Brake Ducts, Custom Roll Bar, Sparco Seats, Wide-Booty, CCW C10 Wheels,
Setup: LG Motorsports

Thanks to: 21st Century Muscle Cars
Wayne O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page The New C7 Is Sweet!