C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's time for those in the C7 section...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by slief

Very well written!

Apparently it was so well written that it confuses some peoples reading skills.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

no disrespect to anyone - but since nobody actually owns a C7, are we ALL trolls? So far there are no production cars so Everything is opnion - and why take it so personally?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

Great post. You're right on the mark.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by redrckt97
no disrespect to anyone - but since nobody actually owns a C7, are we ALL trolls?
I dont' think you understand the meaning of what an internet "troll" is.

why take it so personally
Corvette enthusiasts don't rain on other Corvette enthuisasts parades.

Originally Posted by talon90
why would you want to stay on and just beat the point and the topic in to the ground, what point could it possibly serve. The horse is dead,
Paul; you just defined "internet troll".

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 01-18-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Right on the mark OP. I have a c6 and don't think I've ever been to any section that wasn't c6 related. I like the c7 and am watching this section for new information. There's no need for about half the threads that were started after the unveiling. Go away haters so the rest of us can await the c7 in peace.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 609 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by redrckt97
no disrespect to anyone - but since nobody actually owns a C7, are we ALL trolls? So far there are no production cars so Everything is opnion - and why take it so personally?
^^ this... ^^

Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

Just like above. I am here trying to gather as much information as I can. I have a C6, but really want to be an educated consumer when comes time to buy my C7.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:02 PM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,107 Likes on 521 Posts

Am I missing something ? We have had C5 v C6. Z06 v ZR1. GS v Z06. GS v Base and so on. So now we have C7 v everything.

There will always be debate and attempts at pecking orders.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:13 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

So, you believe that debates should only present one side. That's not how I was taught in high school and college, nor practiced in any business meeting I was ever a part of. A bunch of "yes" men in a meeting....right.....

Your thinking is the reason why our Constitution has the First Amendment. To prevent those that believe their view is the correct, and only view and believe it is their right to silence others with opposing views.

Are you so arrogant to believe that you are the only person that GM builds Corvettes for, thus only you have the right to decide what a Corvette is?

Last edited by JoesC5; 01-18-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:18 PM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 609 Likes on 273 Posts

As we all gather more more and more details, opinions will change. One example: I absolutely hated the red C7 they showed at the launch and had almost immediately made up my mind on the car. Then I saw the cyber gray version and was like, WOW, now that's a nice looking Vette! As it turned out, what I REALLY do not like about the car is the contrasting dark accents against the red (and prob any colors other than gray or black), but they blend much better for me with the gray and hence changes my opinion entirely. But that's just it - my opinion, which may or may not agree with yours, but it is mine to express freely without insult to others personally.

It is a good thing for the negative (constructively negative) opinions to be noted as well as the good, and almost all of the 'trolling' you refer to that I have seen has been in good fun - nothing really obnoxiously rude or insulting. In fact, I believe one could make the argument that there have been more personal insults thrown at current C6 owners about how much their cars 'suck' now than the other way around considering not one person on this forum owns a C7 yet.

Last edited by kozmic; 01-18-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:18 PM
hey32g
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB
Am I missing something ? We have had C5 v C6. Z06 v ZR1. GS v Z06. GS v Base and so on. So now we have C7 v everything.

Well that's easy. The C6 is better than the C5, the ZR1 is quicker and faster in a straight line than the Z06, but the Z06 is a better track car, the Z06 is better than the GS, but the GS is better than the base if you're a performance oriented driver, which you probably are if you bought a Corvette, and finally the C7 appears to be an improvement over the C6 and may even be able to run with a C6 Z06, but the back end was designed by satan himself and therefore the car does not have round taillights and has absolutely no reason to be appreciated, much less even considered as something any sane person would be seen driving and if you don't understand the travesty of the rear of this car then you don't understand Corvettes, you're not, and hopelessly never will be a true Corvette enthusiast and have absolutely no right to endorse this failure of a car which certainly does not deserve to be called a Stingray, much less a Corvette even though it is a tremendous improvement and will provide more performance bang for the buck than any other car on the road, which leads me to the fact that I may be physically ill if I ever have to pull up behind one at a stoplight and be forced to look at that rear end.

Please read above with heavy sarcasm. I love the C7.

Last edited by hey32g; 01-18-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I've felt this way from the beginning. But haters are gonna hate.

I've already made the decision that Im not interested in a C5, C6Z06 or C6ZR1. I dont own those vehicles and I have no plans to buy those vehicles. So why would I spend my day in that section, complaining over and over about why I will never owns those vehicles and what I dont like about them. I own a C6, so I still participate in that section. And I plan to purchase the C7, so I will spend even more time here learning about the car.

If you don't like what was revealed for the C7 production car. Then thats fine, but no one wants to hear about it over and over in the C7 section. Love your C6 or C5 more? Then thats fine too. Go spend your time in the C6 or C5 section and profess your love for those cars over & over with others who also feel the same way.

No matter how much you bytch and complain about "them Camaro taillights".. get over it. Its not going to change. Either you accept it the way it is.. or you go buy/drive something else. Its really not that hard.

Last edited by Daekwan06; 01-18-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
jbomx363
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kozmic
As we all gather more more and more details, opinions will change. One example: I absolutely hated the red C7 they showed at the launch and had almost immediately made up my mind on the car. Then I saw the cyber gray version and was like, WOW, now that's a nice looking Vette! As it turned out, what I REALLY do not like about the car is the contrasting dark accents against the red (and prob any colors other than gray or black), but they blend much better for me with the gray and hence changes my opinion entirely. But that's just it - my opinion, which may or may not agree with yours, but it is mine to express freely without insult to others personally.

It is a good thing for the negative (constructively negative) opinions to be noted as well as the good, and almost all of the 'trolling' you refer to that I have seen has been in good fun - nothing really obnoxiously rude or insulting. In fact, I believe one could make the argument that there have been more personal insults thrown at current C6 owners about how much their cars 'suck' now than the other way around considering not one person on this forum owns a C7 yet.

Wait.. you said you didn't like something!

But really.. and seriously. Good for those that love the C7, it will be an amazing car.

I hope the 2015 will have a redesign in some way to the rear end, then I'll be all lovey dovey too.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by hey32g
Well that's easy. The C6 is better than the C5, the ZR1 is quicker and faster in a straight line than the Z06, but the Z06 is a better track car, the Z06 is better than the GS, but the GS is better than the base if you're a performance oriented driver, which you probably are if you bought a Corvette, and finally the C7 appears to be an improvement over the C6 and may even be able to run with a C6 Z06, but the back end was designed by satan himself and therefore the car does not have round taillights and has absolutely no reason to be appreciated, much less even considered as something any sane person would be seen driving and if you don't understand the travesty of the rear of this car then you don't understand Corvettes, you're not, and hopelessly never will be a true Corvette enthusiast and have absolutely no right to endorse this failure of a car which certainly does not deserve to be called a Stingray, much less a Corvette even though it is a tremendous improvement and will provide more performance bang for the buck than any other car on the road, which leads me to the fact that I may be physically ill if I ever have to pull up behind one at a stoplight and be forced to look at that rear end.
Perhaps, I missed something in your comments. But, I really need to ask...why do you have a C7 avatar if you are negative towards the C7? Just asking.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I agree w/Mercury 100%

I wonder what the average age of these trollers are?? hrmm....
whatcha think??
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
I agree w/Mercury 100%

I wonder what the average age of these trollers are?? hrmm....
whatcha think??
Do you think teir parents know they are using their computer?

I never said that no negative opinions abotu the C7 should be posted. I suggested they once one has decided they don't like the car - to not bash it in the C7 section anymore; where potential owners now exist.

Let's just face it; one is either a part of the Corvette community (and would not want to bash those owning - or wanting to own - a different series Vette)... or they are one man bands with fragile egos

Get notified of new replies

To It's time for those in the C7 section...

Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
hey32g
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by capecodvette
Perhaps, I missed something in your comments. But, I really need to ask...why do you have a C7 avatar if you are negative towards the C7? Just asking.
I was being facetious. I love the C7, I'm planning on buying one. I've been as fed up with the hating trolls as much if not more than anyone.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JoesC5
So, you believe that debates should only present one side. That's not how I was taught in high school and college, nor practiced in any business meeting I was ever a part of. A bunch of "yes" men in a meeting....right.....

Your thinking is the reason why our Constitution has the First Amendment. To prevent those that believe their view is the correct, and only view and believe it is their right to silence others with opposing views.

Are you so arrogant to believe that you are the only person that GM builds Corvettes for, thus only you have the right to decide what a Corvette is?
you are way off base. I dont' know what you're describing... but it's nothing I have said here

You're waving the US flag at the wrong person; preaching to the choir on that subject.

Apparently to cover yourself; you fabricated a scenario that doesn't exist. Your Jedi mind tricks don't work anymore.

Direct quote any sentence in my original post; and tell me how wrong it is... instead of fabricating a scenario that isn't there to begin with.

The C7 is now a given - nothing about will be changed before production begins. All you will accomplish by continuing to bash the C7... in the C7 section... it to alienate fellow Corvette enthusiasts.

This is not town hall; it's a specific forum about one model of car; the Corvette. If you are a Corvette enthusiast - you won't willing pee on another Corvette enthusiast. (or will you ???).
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB

This^^
As long as I've been here there's been a non-stop debate on everything. Suddenly the OP thinks its going to change? Nice post but people are people and they will always (especially on the net ) express their views and this will always lead to a debate (especially with the fragile egos of some corvette owners).

Personally speaking, I'm still on the fence about the C7. I'm here to gather more information, see more pics and listen to reviews of those that run out and buy them.

Quick Reply: It's time for those in the C7 section...