Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 08:15 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by furiousox
Sex on wheels

Doesn't the RS7 hit 60mph in like 3.2 seconds? That's retarded for something that size
Yep that's the one Great car (and I always forget it's four doors). BTW, just ordered another C7, this time a 2015. As I said all cars for their own purpose. C7 is a great 2 door bang for buck.

Originally Posted by 427Z0SX
Nice car!! I read your posts over at the Tesla forum.
P85+ was great car--just needs some serious upgrades inside and out
Old 07-28-2014, 08:28 PM
FlyingBear
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kayir
Just felt the need to point out that you're one of the good ones. . .appreciate your posts, and your posts on the ferarri forum. So many people on both love to wave their Ds around. . .but others are just good down to earth car nuts who just appreciate all cars. . .thanks.
Thank you. I really appreciate that.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:37 PM
FlyingBear
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
FWIW.. the OLD C6Z06 was already faster around several tracks than a Aventador. It will be a "whole different league" of difference in lap times when the NEW C7Z06 arrives.
Lambos are fabulous in many ways. I've never found them to be quick, nimble near-race cars, though. The Gallardo comes close, I think. It remains to be seen if the Huracan is more Audi or Lambo.

Lambos look amazing, and their styling language has always been iconic. Who didn't have a Countach poster on their wall as a teenager?

They are, however, fast and, like almost any supercar, way faster than most drivers or public roads.

The Aventador is ponderous and heavy to drive on the street, and it's not optimized to be a track car. I dare to say that you'd have more fun on the track in a mid-engine Ferrari, or the upcoming Z06. That's not to take away from just how amazingly exotic the Aventador is, how it looks, and how it sounds.

One insult I've often heard is that a Lambo is a rich guy's Corvette. I'm not sure who should be more insulted. They both have great heritage, great looks and great performance, and each has something to offer.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by FlyingBear
Lambos are fabulous in many ways. I've never found them to be quick, nimble near-race cars, though. The Gallardo comes close, I think. It remains to be seen if the Huracan is more Audi or Lambo.

Lambos look amazing, and their styling language has always been iconic. Who didn't have a Countach poster on their wall as a teenager?

They are, however, fast and, like almost any supercar, way faster than most drivers or public roads.

The Aventador is ponderous and heavy to drive on the street, and it's not optimized to be a track car. I dare to say that you'd have more fun on the track in a mid-engine Ferrari, or the upcoming Z06. That's not to take away from just how amazingly exotic the Aventador is, how it looks, and how it sounds.

One insult I've often heard is that a Lambo is a rich guy's Corvette. I'm not sure who should be more insulted. They both have great heritage, great looks and great performance, and each has something to offer.
I love my R8...it's a great ride. Completely different car from C7. Each are awesome in their own right

Old 07-28-2014, 08:50 PM
FlyingBear
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
I love my R8...it's a great ride. Completely different car from C7. Each are awesome in their own right
R8s are great. Excellent sound. What I'm wondering is whether the Huracan will justify its significant price hike over the R8? Whie the "C7 is 75% of a 458" argument is sound, the "R8 is 90% of a Huracan" may also be true. I'm sure that the Huracan will sell, but will the more discerning buyer go for almost-the-same R8?

I should talk, of course, as I have a Cayenne, which is mostly a Touareg with $30,000 strapped to the hood and with a nicer interior :-)
Old 07-28-2014, 09:23 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by FlyingBear
R8s are great. Excellent sound. What I'm wondering is whether the Huracan will justify its significant price hike over the R8? Whie the "C7 is 75% of a 458" argument is sound, the "R8 is 90% of a Huracan" may also be true. I'm sure that the Huracan will sell, but will the more discerning buyer go for almost-the-same R8?

I should talk, of course, as I have a Cayenne, which is mostly a Touareg with $30,000 strapped to the hood and with a nicer interior :-)
Yeah, 2016 R8 will be based on Huracan of course (Porsche will take over design in 2021). All being VW umbrella (along with Bentley, Bugatti, etc), it's a good thing. The V10 should be wicked, I just hope they don't tame it down too much. I'm numero uno on my dealers list...so we'll see.

Bought a 2014 C7 and just ordered a 2015, these are great cars for the price. Again, different cars than R8, etc.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:12 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Cool video and bring that orange as a paint color!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,578 Likes on 665 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Glad this was posted... guess I will be keeping my supercharged C5 for a while.. at least until I can afford to get a C7 and supercharge it or a Z06 perhaps..
Old 08-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Quick Reply: C7 vs Exotics