Sponsored by:

MP3 Player in C7 Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 05:52 PM
cg02175
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default MP3 Player in C7 Question

I am have the hardest time with something that should be so simple. When plugging in my MP3 player, rather than playing one song to the next it continues to play the same sing over and over. Excuse my ignornace on such a simply thing, but what can I do to correct this issue?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Where are you connecting it? inside the sliding door on the insturment panel works for me. As opposed to the other USB ports.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
mikefeeser
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cg02175
I am have the hardest time with something that should be so simple. When plugging in my MP3 player, rather than playing one song to the next it continues to play the same sing over and over. Excuse my ignornace on such a simply thing, but what can I do to correct this issue?
MP3 player ?? I am guessing you mean a Flashdrive or SD Card. Did you use iTunes to copy the Playlist and the songs you want? I experienced this when I first loaded songs on my SD Card (and flash drive works the same way). There is a Great set of instructions on this board that tells you how to load your music and playlists on the Flashdrive or SD Card. I suspect that might be the problem you are having - w/o the playlist it seems to play the first song, over and over and does not see the other songs.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Old buckeye
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefeeser
MP3 player ?? I am guessing you mean a Flashdrive or SD Card. Did you use iTunes to copy the Playlist and the songs you want? I experienced this when I first loaded songs on my SD Card (and flash drive works the same way). There is a Great set of instructions on this board that tells you how to load your music and playlists on the Flashdrive or SD Card. I suspect that might be the problem you are having - w/o the playlist it seems to play the first song, over and over and does not see the other songs.
Are you indicating that you cannot connect a MP3 player to the stereo? I was hoping that was possible since all my music is on my Sony MP3 player.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:17 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at this thread. Might be of help...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ck-issues.html
Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by cg02175
What jack are you using ????? I can plug my IPOD nano using the earphone jack ( apple files ) I have used mp3 files from a usb flash drive no problem with either !!!! I can also play WAV files ( music from CDs ) from a portable CD player through the round jack from earphone jack !!! Wayne
Old 09-29-2014, 09:55 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

You said you plugged in an MP3 player, which would put the song playing controls on your device, not the Corvette's infotainment system. If this was just a terminology slip and you actually plugged in a memory device such as a USB flash memory stick or an SD card, the problem is almost always that you browsed to an artist, genre, or album that only had that one song under it. In those cases the car plays the song in the chosen category and then plays it again because there is no other content to move to and still stay in your chosen filter. Try pressing the Browse command on the screen and then choose "Songs" from the bottom category bar. You can select any song to start and the system should continue after that with other songs (either in sequence or random, based on your setting for Shuffle Mode on or off).

You can also use the voice command and say "Play Song" - then giving it a title.

I don't use an external MP3 player, so I can't give you similar guidance if you really have connected an iPod or other player.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:18 AM
cg02175
Racer

I connect my MP3 player using a USB style plug in cord to the usb port inside the arm rest console. I will try to things you guys mentioned to see if that fixing the problems. Thanks for all the advice guys!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:24 AM
cg02175
Racer

Originally Posted by CaryKen
You said you plugged in an MP3 player, which would put the song playing controls on your device, not the Corvette's infotainment system. If this was just a terminology slip and you actually plugged in a memory device such as a USB flash memory stick or an SD card, the problem is almost always that you browsed to an artist, genre, or album that only had that one song under it. In those cases the car plays the song in the chosen category and then plays it again because there is no other content to move to and still stay in your chosen filter. Try pressing the Browse command on the screen and then choose "Songs" from the bottom category bar. You can select any song to start and the system should continue after that with other songs (either in sequence or random, based on your setting for Shuffle Mode on or off).

You can also use the voice command and say "Play Song" - then giving it a title.

I don't use an external MP3 player, so I can't give you similar guidance if you really have connected an iPod or other player.

Good luck!
Thanks, this fixed my issue!

Get notified of new replies

To MP3 Player in C7 Question

Quick Reply: MP3 Player in C7 Question