Sponsored by:

Why no hatch pull down

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Two Toes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Why no hatch pull down

Just got our NRB 2015 coupe yesterday-----------WOW what a car; can't get the smile off my face, that eight speed auto trans is GREAT!!!

Why did Chevy eliminate the hatch electric pull down? It is a sin to SLAM the hatch, its back to opening a door first.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:55 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Been discussed MANY times here. SEARCH is your friend

Cliff notes:

1) No pull down in order to save weight

2) It will close more easily with time. In the meantime, there is no need to slam hatch closed or open a door first. The following YT video shows how

Old 10-30-2014, 07:10 PM
DqAlex
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Been discussed MANY times here. SEARCH is your friend

Cliff notes:

1) No pull down in order to save weight

2) It will close more easily with time. In the meantime, there is no need to slam hatch closed or open a door first. The following YT video shows how

Thanks for the Video. The Blue looks great in that light
Old 10-31-2014, 12:05 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The save weight excuse is marketing rhetoric at its finest. The added weight of a pull-down compared to power seats driver and passenger, leather interior, removable tops...is minimal. The car, with 3LT/3Lz REALLY should have a pull-down. Same goes for power retractable mirrors.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1xL82
The save weight excuse is marketing rhetoric at its finest. The added weight of a pull-down compared to power seats driver and passenger, leather interior, removable tops...is minimal. The car, with 3LT/3Lz REALLY should have a pull-down. Same goes for power retractable mirrors.
On both counts. Have had my C7 for a year, still need to have a door open and it closes with one finger. No matter how hard I slam the hatch, tried adjusting the hatch, memory activated vent opens etc, but it will not latch! Pressing on the center of the hatch frame causes paint cracking varified by many. Not a big deal but don't feel bad if what you see in the video, doesn't work! Some cars are just more air tight than others.

Works for Some C7's But Not All- in My Case After a Year Still Need the Door Open Before Closing-No Big Deal, Easy to Do!
Old 11-01-2014, 03:37 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Totally ..do not believe that is I why they left it off but rather saves them $$ on things not added to car so more in GM pocket IMO!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

I agree 100%! If someone wants a race ready lightweight vehicle they can get it with the 1LT package, and for others that want the niceties that are offered on other high end cars, they should put it on the 3LT package. I would gladly add 20 pounds of weight to a car in order to have the hatch pull down (I love that on my C6, I hated not having one on my C5!) and retractable mirrors (something I feel is very important as I've voiced on another recent thread)
Old 11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

Totally agree, and the memory wire technology is BS along with the video. Neither of them work! I just open a door/window and have quit getting frustrated-until I drive my C6...
Old 11-01-2014, 05:28 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by trivette
Totally agree, and the memory wire technology is BS along with the video. Neither of them work! I just open a door/window and have quit getting frustrated-until I drive my C6...
I have checked and the memory wire activation of the vent works on my car but it’s just not big enough! You can watch it through the hole behind the license plate. Assume the test mules they tried in on just were not as air tight as some C7’s!

Get notified of new replies

To Why no hatch pull down

Quick Reply: Why no hatch pull down