C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, my flickering Infotainment screen fixed itself...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 02:51 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Well, my flickering Infotainment screen fixed itself...

By going completely black and staying that way. Is that the progression others have seen with this problem: Tiny flicker occasionally, then a bit worse/more often and finally a black screen of death?

At least the distracting flicker is gone and hopefully stays that way until I can get to the dealer. A lot easier for the service to fix it if they see it dead instead of "working as normal."
Old 12-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

yup....exactly....but be prepared for it to come back on intermittently...mine replaced monday...To be sure the dealer would not have to see it, I shot a iphone MOV file.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588446392

be prepared for two visits, as no one has this part in stock....
Old 12-10-2014, 02:55 PM
sccaracer46
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJoe
By going completely black and staying that way. Is that the progression others have seen with this problem: Tiny flicker occasionally, then a bit worse/more often and finally a black screen of death?

At least the distracting flicker is gone and hopefully stays that way until I can get to the dealer. A lot easier for the service to fix it if they see it dead instead of "working as normal."
I had the same problem! Finally, used my cell phone to video tape the flickering and showed to the service advisor............replaced the infotainment unit.............no more problems!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:42 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJoe

It will return. I got a new screen.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Default Mine went away too....for now...

My infotainment issue went away for now....I'm sure it will come back. That's why I took pics of it so when I go to the dealer I have proof.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:13 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
yup....exactly....but be prepared for it to come back on intermittently...mine replaced monday...To be sure the dealer would not have to see it, I shot a iphone MOV file.
Right you are. I was ready to capture it on my phone and it was going like crazy as I drove into my driveway. Had to lower the screen to get to my garage door opener and when I put the screen back up the display was completely normal.
Oh well I'm sure I get another chance...

Get notified of new replies

To Well, my flickering Infotainment screen fixed itself...

Quick Reply: Well, my flickering Infotainment screen fixed itself...