Sponsored by:

Dupont Paint & Interior Protection

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 07:48 AM
JRYELLOWCORVETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Default Dupont Paint & Interior Protection

I was wondering if anyone has this package on their C6 or C7. It is usually installed as a dealer add-on. Yes I know it is over priced as all dealer add-ons are. What I was wondering is how well does it work. Reading the brochure that came with the package it is suppose to protect the paint from stains such as tree sap, birds & bugs etc.

Since I bought my C7 off the lot this package was already on it but I was able to negate the cost out of the deal. Any feed back from your experiences would be appreciated.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:17 AM
GaryTX
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Great question

Originally Posted by JRYELLOWCORVETTE
I was wondering if anyone has this package on their C6 or C7. It is usually installed as a dealer add-on. Yes I know it is over priced as all dealer add-ons are. What I was wondering is how well does it work. Reading the brochure that came with the package it is suppose to protect the paint from stains such as tree sap, birds & bugs etc.

Since I bought my C7 off the lot this package was already on it but I was able to negate the cost out of the deal. Any feed back from your experiences would be appreciated.
I had it applied by the dealer in hopes that it would actually make a difference. I have no way to measure the difference it has made as I have had no interior spills and have not parked under trees. I also had the Expel clear bra installed for rock chips. That part has been put to the test and so far I am not pleased.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

Dont ever buy a dealer package, its 500 pct profit snd the skill of the installer is no where near what you need.Coatings should only be put on AFTER the surface is completely prepared and perfect which is what takes the real money and takes six hours or more.

Get notified of new replies

To Dupont Paint & Interior Protection

Quick Reply: Dupont Paint & Interior Protection