C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevrolet Body Shop in MN-Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM
A6T34ME
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevrolet Body Shop in MN-Recommendation?

Took delivery on my new 2015 C7 last week but have a blem(fisheye) in the paint(Crystal Red Tintcoat). Any recommendations on Chevrolet body shop for warranty fix of tintcoat paint. I don't want to assume my dealership is the best shop and would prefer to go where someone has had a good result with tintcoat work.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by A6T34ME
Took delivery on my new 2015 C7 last week but have a blem(fisheye) in the paint(Crystal Red Tintcoat). Any recommendations on Chevrolet body shop for warranty fix of tintcoat paint. I don't want to assume my dealership is the best shop and would prefer to go where someone has had a good result with tintcoat work.
Do an Internet search for Corvette Club(s) closest to where you live, use your zip code to this end. All CCs have an email addy, usually for the club president. Very friendly & extremely helpful for these kinds of questions.

Drop 'em an email to the address linked asking who club members use, you'll be directed to whoever their members use. Problem solved.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:19 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I belong to the Suburban Corvette Club of MN and purchased my C7 at Village Chevrolet. Fortunately I had no issues with the paint and didn't need to use their body shop. Village and Suburban Chevrolet are among the larger Corvette dealers in the metro area so I would assume their body shops are good but I have no first hand experience. My previous Caddy CTS was Crystal Red and I had a dealer affiliated body shop repaint the entire hood after a significant rock chip which came out fine. The tintcoats are more of a challenge, for sure. I know Kiss' Auto Body does a good job on Corvettes, but if it's warranty work you're probably forced to use a dealer unless a zone rep can waive that restriction. Good luck!
Old 04-09-2015, 08:21 AM
A6T34ME
Intermediate

Default Body shop

Originally Posted by trivette
I belong to the Suburban Corvette Club of MN and purchased my C7 at Village Chevrolet. Fortunately I had no issues with the paint and didn't need to use their body shop. Village and Suburban Chevrolet are among the larger Corvette dealers in the metro area so I would assume their body shops are good but I have no first hand experience. My previous Caddy CTS was Crystal Red and I had a dealer affiliated body shop repaint the entire hood after a significant rock chip which came out fine. The tintcoats are more of a challenge, for sure. I know Kiss' Auto Body does a good job on Corvettes, but if it's warranty work you're probably forced to use a dealer unless a zone rep can waive that restriction. Good luck!
Thanks,
I will call their body shop manager to discuss.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:34 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Just as a note of information, the reason to do what Landru suggested is not only to find out what are the good indie shops, but what is the reputation of some of the dealer's in-house paint/body shops. Calling and talking with the service or body shop manager is certainly helpful, too, but I'd say moreso after finding out its reputation. jmo.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:53 PM
A6T34ME
Intermediate

Default Corvette club inquiry

Originally Posted by AORoads
Just as a note of information, the reason to do what Landru suggested is not only to find out what are the good indie shops, but what is the reputation of some of the dealer's in-house paint/body shops. Calling and talking with the service or body shop manager is certainly helpful, too, but I'd say moreso after finding out its reputation. jmo.
I just contacted the president of a local Corvette club for some advise/direction.
Thanks for your input.

Get notified of new replies

To Chevrolet Body Shop in MN-Recommendation?

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Body Shop in MN-Recommendation?