Sponsored by:

Help me become a better houligan

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:52 PM
tflndav
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Something has to still be on. Try holding the button down for 5 seconds. I thought I read somewhere this kills off all the nannies. My dad was complaining of the same thing at the strip last week and I think he said that did the trick so he could heat the tires.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am really surprised by the responces I have recieved. I obviously have some sort of issue going on and it isnt driver error. I have a 70k hot rod that wont burn out, that isnt acceptable to me.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:04 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by tflndav
Thanks for the suggestion. I am really surprised by the responces I have recieved. I obviously have some sort of issue going on and it isnt driver error. I have a 70k hot rod that wont burn out, that isnt acceptable to me.
Not sure it will do anything but holding the button in my '15 for several seconds did seem to cause some traction control stuff on the DIC to appear. Didn't go out and try to light em up though.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Surv Ops
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a legit thread, the guy is trying to figure out why his car won't burnout. Instead of being toolbags and nitpicking his grammar and making fun of his question, why don't you answer it.

Like the OP said, he's got a $70k hotrod that won't do a burnout. I'd be pissed too. I bought mine to do burnouts, drive daily, race, go on long rides with my wife, do burnouts, stare at, put gas in, clean up, do burnouts!

Hope you get it worked out
The following users liked this post:
tflndav (10-08-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 06:23 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Great thread. Michelin loves it!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:00 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I wish that I could get that kind of traction!
Want to spin the tire? Buy some cheap tires designed to get high mileage, they will be hard and really easy to spin.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 AM
tflndav
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Not sure it will do anything but holding the button in my '15 for several seconds did seem to cause some traction control stuff on the DIC to appear. Didn't go out and try to light em up though.
That was the solution to the problem. On the way home tonight, i held the button for several seconds, A/H & T/C lights displayed on the DIC, i was in sport mode, second gear, gassed it and she lit up with ease.

Now I am thinking, if you have to hold the button for several seconds to turn off ALL the traction control, why did my question recieve such a flaming? I am wondering just how many corvette owners have actually attempted to do a big greasy, smokie burn out?

Thank you DaffyDrunk - i feel better knowing my 3200lb, 460hp sports car can actually light the tires up if I want too.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:36 AM
LDYSTIG
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by apex97
Most new corvettes will roast the rear tires without playing any games with the clutch..just turn off the traction control, hold the wheel straight, raise the revs over 4,000 get your eyes looking down the road and dump the clutch all at once. You dont even need full throttle.
This is exactly how I was taught as well - by a highly skilled, experienced, and certified driver.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:50 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by tflndav
That was the solution to the problem. On the way home tonight, i held the button for several seconds, A/H & T/C lights displayed on the DIC, i was in sport mode, second gear, gassed it and she lit up with ease.

Now I am thinking, if you have to hold the button for several seconds to turn off ALL the traction control, why did my question recieve such a flaming? I am wondering just how many corvette owners have actually attempted to do a big greasy, smokie burn out?

Thank you DaffyDrunk - i feel better knowing my 3200lb, 460hp sports car can actually light the tires up if I want too.
Glad you found the solution, the nannies are very much in control on this car until you disable them. We going to get some vids of you smoking the hell out of them now J/K
Old 10-17-2015, 03:16 AM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

I have been schooled a bit on the C7 from the video. Never understood the vent system. Sounded like an ol school rod too.I'm starting to like the 7 better..but I agree 7 spds is probly 2 too many.

Quick Reply: Help me become a better houligan