Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife took C7 to work

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 12:10 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Pretty cool story I am sure you made her day. My wife has no desire to drive mine she does enjoy my spirited driving well most of the time.
The following users liked this post:
chas70 (02-16-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

My wife loves driving the Vette. There's always people trying to chat her up when she parks it somewhere. They often ask her if it's an automatic and are surprised to find out it's a manual.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:45 PM
sanantguy
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM111er
Wow-what an outdated attitude towards woman. Good luck with that......
Attitude.........no. My woman can just drive her own car, whatever it is.

Wouldn't let another guy drive my car for that matter.

Last edited by sanantguy; 07-09-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
Yvonne and I have been married 33 years now; and have always owned Corvettes. Most of the time we shared one; some times we had his/hers Corvettes.

It's been awhile, but here's the YouTuber of "OhioGirl" driving out co-owned 2002.

OhioGirl driving a Corvette - YouTube

My wife is originally from Akron and we've been married for 45 years. We are waiting for Corvette #13 to get here! This will be the 4th combo for us having one at the same time!
Old 07-09-2015, 12:50 PM
VetteRaceGirl
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sanantguy
I would never let any woman drive my car. Don't care what it is. Past history is every woman that has driven a car I have owned has damaged it in some way. Because sorry, the average woman can't drive to save her butt. Let alone a car that requires a bit more care (for things like ground clearance) like a vette.

Good luck with yours!

P.S. Guess what? Now you'll be expected to let her drive it whenever she wants. Good job.
Are you serious?????
The following 2 users liked this post by VetteRaceGirl:
V Vette (02-08-2019), vett_guy (02-17-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 01:40 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

OK, update. She has not crashed it, everyone at work loves it, only given 4 rides to co workers. One to the president of the company who is in from out of town.
She has owned a Saturn Sky, 6 speed, a Toyota MR2, 5 speed and a 1999 Camaro SS 6 speed. She has a couple of speeding tickets but never had a wreck that was her fault.
While waiting at an intersection for traffic to pass so she could make a left turn a guy in a pickup ran into the left side of her car. He said that he didn't see her. He was at the stop sign waiting for traffic to pass, saw a gap and floored it right smack into her brand new Sky, less than 3 days old and 50 miles on it. Car was never the same and we traded it in for a Buick Lacrosse.
She is not the best driver but is careful and more than likely won't go over 100 mph between the house and work.
She loves Corvettes and does enjoy the spirited rides we take, I drive. She is not real positive while driving the twisties but does OK.
One day, if I win the lotto she will have one. A vert, auto, NPP, she loves the sound. Red with red interior. All of her cars have been red, except the SS which was black.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:42 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by VetteRaceGirl
Are you serious?????
A definite 21st century man. Whoa, you mean women can vote....Just kiddin'.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:01 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Coworkers are more excited about your wife driving than the other guy because she has a vagina, not because he is a nerd.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,303 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I would never let any woman drive my car. Don't care what it is. Past history is every woman that has driven a car I have owned has damaged it in some way. Because sorry, the average woman can't drive to save her butt. Let alone a car that requires a bit more care (for things like ground clearance) like a vette.

Good luck with yours!

P.S. Guess what? Now you'll be expected to let her drive it whenever she wants. Good job.
Sorry about your experiences, but to categorize the average woman as a bad driver is a bunch of . There are plenty of men out there that do way more stupid things behind the wheel of a car than women do.

Originally Posted by Ernest_T
You sure have a unique outlook on things.
Originally Posted by JDM111er
Wow-what an outdated attitude towards woman. Good luck with that......
It's just a car.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:45 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by lrobe22
Coworkers are more excited about your wife driving than the other guy because she has a vagina, not because he is a nerd.
REALLY? Rather a dark ages comment, don't ya' think?
Old 07-09-2015, 03:50 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by rcooper
, if I win the lotto she will have one. A vert, auto, NPP, she loves the sound. Red with red interior. All of her cars have been red, except the SS which was black.
So it would be something like this. Here is my wife, she has driven it, but prefers driving the 2013 Camaro RS....

My wife in the Corvette...

In the Camaro RS..

Old 07-09-2015, 03:51 PM
J_Vette_Manuel
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This is good...

Sanantguy... Who gives a ****, its a car. I let my girlfriend drive it when she wants, I don't care. She drives better than a lot of people I know. Plus a stupidly gorgeous woman driving a Corvette = happy boyfriend.

However, you should expect some negative feedback given your very sexist comments. Pride is a motherf****r, just saying.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:13 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Dunno...I'm not whacked out about letting women drive the car. Lots of people have driven mine. Actually if we're hanging out with friends and someone who can drive stick wants to take it for a spin, I'll probably let em. Gf can drive it whenever just as long as she takes care of it. Hasn't been to her work yet due to construction in the parking lot. She has to park on the street or in gravel these days, so no "take the C7 to work" days yet.

She was the first to screw it up though. She's newly nearsighted and hates her glasses. Hit a retread in the highway. Now she has to wear her glasses when she drives my cars. Fortunately no lingering damage other than she almost killed the poverty splitter.

Now the marriage discussion? Definitely anti marriage. All my friends growing up were from broken homes where lawyers ended up with all the money. My gf's family is so complicated because of divorce Christmas is absolutely dreadful. Just don't see enough upsides.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Elliott SSimpson
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your married. Her name doesn't need to be on the title for it to be half hers in case of divorce

Nope, not married anymore, won't again either. Saw too many lemmings jump off that cliff thinking their fate would be different than the one before them.
You're not married anymore? Wonder why?
Old 07-09-2015, 04:33 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

REALLY? Rather a dark ages comment, don't ya' think?
When Hooters/Tilted Kilt/Twin Peaks change their business model to having male servers, I'll happily update my observation

I applaud the OP for sharing the car with his wife, and really allowing a woman drive your car is no different than to a man to me. In other words, I am hardcore equal rights (good AND bad)... But that doesn't change animal genetics of preferential treatment.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:34 PM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I have had my C7 for about 4 months now and thought that my wife would enjoy taking it to work today. So off she went with my beauty. Her co workers are going to be stoked when she pulls up in it. They have been asking since I got it when she was going to be able to come to work in it...it has been the coffee room chatter for several months now.
This will be the icing on the cake! Everyone is really excited by this car and I am sure there will be some short rides during lunch.
Oddly enough, there is an IT guy with a Torch Red Z51 that has been there a couple of times when I stopped by to take my wife to lunch, but no one has been excited about his car...could it be because he is a nerd? Nice guy really and a nice car but I think they all like my wife better, or are trying to get on her good side. She does most of the scheduling for meetings and all of the booklets they use, along with the weekly slide show that is running on the big screen in the entry way.
Who knows, but I am scoring big today with my lady.
Happy wife, happy life!
Coop
OK, update. She has not crashed it, everyone at work loves it, only given 4 rides to co workers. One to the president of the company who is in from out of town.
She has owned a Saturn Sky, 6 speed, a Toyota MR2, 5 speed and a 1999 Camaro SS 6 speed. She has a couple of speeding tickets but never had a wreck that was her fault.
While waiting at an intersection for traffic to pass so she could make a left turn a guy in a pickup ran into the left side of her car. He said that he didn't see her. He was at the stop sign waiting for traffic to pass, saw a gap and floored it right smack into her brand new Sky, less than 3 days old and 50 miles on it. Car was never the same and we traded it in for a Buick Lacrosse.
She is not the best driver but is careful and more than likely won't go over 100 mph between the house and work.
She loves Corvettes and does enjoy the spirited rides we take, I drive. She is not real positive while driving the twisties but does OK.
One day, if I win the lotto she will have one. A vert, auto, NPP, she loves the sound. Red with red interior. All of her cars have been red, except the SS which was black.
Coop,
Way to go! She will remember this day for a long time. I can just picture her pretty smile which will be permanently stuck on her face for a while after this. Tell her I said hey!

Beth has driven ours a few times with me in the car, but I really want her to experience it by herself. Once we get this house move behind us and things settle down a bit, she plans to start driving it some so she'll be ready for the fall tennis season.

BJ
Old 07-09-2015, 04:36 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by 1KULC7
So it would be something like this.
I am definitely not showing her your post!

Get notified of new replies

To Wife took C7 to work

Old 07-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Lacoven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All women are not bad drivers, but in my vast experience of 10's of thousands of driving miles almost every time I see something totally moronic or nor clue I pay attention to what gender, race, age they are. 90 times out of 100 they are women distracted by whatever they are doing rather than what's going on driving. My wife and I will witness something I will make a comment as bet that's a female driver then drive by and sure enough there she is. My wife used to say no way, but it happens so often that she just agrees.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:41 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by lrobe22
When Hooters/Tilted Kilt/Twin Peaks change their business model to having male servers, I'll happily update my observation

I applaud the OP for sharing the car with his wife, and really allowing a woman drive your car is no different than to a man to me. In other words, I am hardcore equal rights (good AND bad)... But that doesn't change animal genetics of preferential treatment.
This is true. I wouldn't stress the debate team getting on your case. When I was younger I had a cool 96 Trans Am. Nobody gave a crap when I was driving it, but my at the time gf would get lots of attention driving it, especially since she wasn't afraid to get on it. I should add that I'm a computer nerd though, so probably not an ideal argument in this case.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:11 PM
apex97
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I always chuckle when someone says women can't drive. I have been coaching racing drivers for 30 years and in most cases women are better students, better drivers and damn good racers when compared to men.
In fact an ex girlfriend/student of mine won the Euro Corvette event OVERALL in a C5 back in 2010. http://www.amandahennessy.com/Hennes...e_finish..html
Chicks can drive, and a woman who loves Corvettes is a gift from God
The following users liked this post:
corvettergal (02-14-2019)

Quick Reply: Wife took C7 to work