Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Post Lift Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 05:03 PM
YZFMax
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not modify the hooks as it may void the warranty. I sent an email to Race Ramps today asking for options, waiting to hear back from them.

For now, I just place them in front of the lift (not hooked) and drive the car up. They stay on the ground firmly and do not slide out, so works out. I did not go with the wider ramps as the 14" covers the 295 tires on my Mustang without any issues.

Originally Posted by 67 L79
YZFMax - my lift is an HD-9 as well, did you modify the hook to address the interference issue? Any reason you didn't go with the wider 20" ramps?

My C7 has a carbon splitter and has been lowered to the max on the stock bolts. Do you think these ramps will allow me to get the car on the lift given my minimal clearance?
Old 07-30-2015, 10:11 PM
waunavet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20

Originally Posted by Bradysdad
A little off topic but I am looking for recommendations for a stand alone 4 post lift for my new C7. I have a 3 car garage with approximately 10' ceilings. I would have to install new garage door rails and opener to change the way the door opens.

I am looking for suggestions, based upon experience, for brand, cost, installation, etc... Ideally looking for a stand alone which would not have to be anchored into the floor, and a 110v unit (220v if necessary).

Thanks in advance...
Eight years ago I bought a Superior #7000 four poster from Superlifts.com. They were bought out by Gemini a while back. Looks like they still make the same lift I have. The unit has treated me well. Come over and take a look at it and a new C7 perched near the rafters.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:08 AM
pastohio
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sometimes, you don't have to change out the garage door opener, if you "back in" the car on the lift and the door travels over the hood on the lifted car and stops before hitting the windshield...done this for years...just my $.02
Old 08-01-2015, 11:35 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Reverse Logic offers the RR-RACK-HN20-5-8 Race Ramps rack ramp.

It's 20" wide and has a modified hook which fits the BendPak H9 lift. This ramp is in stock at Reverse Logic. The hook is shorter and 8" wide.

The special H9 version of the ramp is the fifth selection at this link.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...mps/p/21176909

Originally Posted by YZFMax
I have the RR-RACK-HN14-5. The only problem is that you cannot use the hooks on the BendPak due to the design. The hooks are very deep and interfere with the metal rod that protects the tube for the air locks. If you are using another brand, it might work.

http://www.raceramps.com/hook-nosed-rack-ramp-14x5.aspx
Attached Images   

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 08-01-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:40 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

The regular 20" wide Race Ramps hooked nosed ramps have a 12" wide hook that won't fit into the 9" slot on the Bendpak lift. The H9 specific 20" wide ramp shown in the above thread has an 8" wide hook that will fit into the slot on the lift.

Originally Posted by 67 L79
YZFMax - my lift is an HD-9 as well, did you modify the hook to address the interference issue? Any reason you didn't go with the wider 20" ramps?

My C7 has a carbon splitter and has been lowered to the max on the stock bolts. Do you think these ramps will allow me to get the car on the lift given my minimal clearance?
Old 08-01-2015, 11:32 PM
davis31b
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are some of the minimum height requirements for these ramps?
Old 08-02-2015, 08:19 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

It depends a bit on how far the front of the car extends beyond the front axle. Most cars with at least 3" of ground clearance would clear the Race Ramps 48" hook nosed ramps.

Originally Posted by davis31b
What are some of the minimum height requirements for these ramps?
Old 08-03-2015, 08:44 AM
60corvetteC1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 4 post lift

Originally Posted by Bradysdad
A little off topic but I am looking for recommendations for a stand alone 4 post lift for my new C7. I have a 3 car garage with approximately 10' ceilings. I would have to install new garage door rails and opener to change the way the door opens.

I am looking for suggestions, based upon experience, for brand, cost, installation, etc... Ideally looking for a stand alone which would not have to be anchored into the floor, and a 110v unit (220v if necessary).

Thanks in advance...
I had a 4 post Direct Lift installed four months ago. $2100 + 400 for install. Garage ceiling is 9'10" Not bolted to floor. Fits a C1 and C7 with no problem in either configuration (which is on top or bottom). About 5'8" clearance under top level in the center, not under the tracks, less height there. 110 volt. Easy to move with the provided wheel kit. I selected due to the compact width it requires. Lifting stops are adjustable with the top bolts, plus or minus 1-2 inches. This is very helpful when adjusting the top level for maximum lift
Old 08-07-2015, 08:55 AM
NewVetteDriver
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Post Lift Recommendations

I also did the Direct Lift and it works great. Excellent pricing and quality!
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Had mine installed today. Very happy with how it all came out. Garage us almost complete too.

Quick Reply: 4 Post Lift Recommendations