C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First oil change, oil leak and dealer added TREX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 03:56 PM
busterkeller
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First oil change, oil leak and dealer added TREX?

What the heck? I asked for Mobil1 and told ok but nothing about TREX. Didn't look at the bill close but the "no charge" part. Left town on a 200mi trip to visit my daughter and grandsons. At the first stop smelled burning oil. Looked under hood but saw nothing and smell soon went away. Got to my daughters house and after awhile took another look. Checked oil level and it looked to be a little over full. Looked under car and saw a small puddle of oil!!! Returned home last night and this morning 2 puddles of oil on garage floor about 6inches apart, one about 8 in. across and one about 4ins. both towards back of motor??? Going back to dealer first thing in the morning...what should I say?
Old 08-02-2015, 04:59 PM
busterkeller
Advanced

Originally Posted by busterkeller
What the heck? I asked for Mobil1 and told ok but nothing about TREX. Didn't look at the bill close but the "no charge" part. Left town on a 200mi trip to visit my daughter and grandsons. At the first stop smelled burning oil. Looked under hood but saw nothing and smell soon went away. Got to my daughters house and after awhile took another look. Checked oil level and it looked to be a little over full. Looked under car and saw a small puddle of oil!!! Returned home last night and this morning 2 puddles of oil on garage floor about 6inches apart, one about 8 in. across and one about 4ins. both towards back of motor??? Going back to dealer first thing in the morning...what should I say?
I ment KREX
Old 08-02-2015, 05:11 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Page 10-17 of the owners manual seems pretty clear to me:

"Do not add anything to the oil."
Old 08-02-2015, 05:36 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

I would call the dealer, and as to speak to the service department manager. NOT the service writer. Tell them (1) their use of Krex violate the direction of GM, and you expect them to drain and replace the oil with Mobil 1 again; and (2), they left your car leaking oil (or spilled so much oil it's dripping onto the ground) and you expect them to fix it ASAP under warranty.

Be polite, but firm. And if they balk at replacing the oil, let them you you're contacting GM customer care, and then do it.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:38 PM
busterkeller
Advanced

Originally Posted by meyerweb
I would call the dealer, and as to speak to the service department manager. NOT the service writer. Tell them (1) their use of Krex violate the direction of GM, and you expect them to drain and replace the oil with Mobil 1 again; and (2), they left your car leaking oil (or spilled so much oil it's dripping onto the ground) and you expect them to fix it ASAP under warranty.

Be polite, but firm. And if they balk at replacing the oil, let them you you're contacting GM customer care, and then do it.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:33 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Some owners look at me and say "you change your own oil why"?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:03 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm confused here. What is TREX or KREX???
Old 08-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by bob guzzy
Some owners look at me and say "you change your own oil why"?
We wont let a dealer touch ours, Dont care about free oil changes, do it our selves.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:16 PM
busterkeller
Advanced

Originally Posted by motomanvette
I'm confused here. What is TREX or KREX???
From what i can find out...except form who makes it...snake oil!!
More profit for service debt.
Some miracle oil treatment "Graphite Engine Lubricant"

Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant

Protects and lubricates internal engine components
Withstands heat up to 5,000° F
Prevents engine wear, extending engine life
Improves engine compression, fuel economy, and load carrying capabilities
Each application protects an engine for 6 months / 5,000 miles
How It Works
Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant® is a superior automotive lubricant (NOT an additive), dispersing millions of microscopic particles of graphite that enhance the effectiveness of motor oil. Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant adheres to all of the internal components of the engine, protecting and lubricating all the engine’s vital moving parts: piston, bearings, valve stems, and lifters. Today’s advanced automotive engines reach temperatures as high as 1,250° F, yet standard motor oil begins breaking down at 350° F. (Even the best full synthetic motor oil available today begins breaking down at 500o F.) Thus, only graphite, which can withstand temperatures up to 5,000° F, can fully protect engines at these extreme temperatures. In addition, Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant improves engine compression, reduces energy consumption, and increases load-carrying capabilities.
How To Use It
Pour Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant into the engine after each oil change service.
Recommended Service Intervals
For maximum benefit, Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant should be installed at every oil change service at least every 6 months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first. If installed by a Krex authorized new car dealer service center, Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant may include the Krex 10 Year / 200,000 Mile Limited Engine Lubrication Warranty. For complete details, please contact us or view the complete Krex 10 Year / 200,000 Mile Limited Engine Lubrication Warranty Term & Conditions.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:19 PM
busterkeller
Advanced

And...the link to...Krex 10 Year / 200,000 Mile Limited Engine Lubrication Warranty Term & Conditions. on company home page is...

No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Joy c7
We wont let a dealer touch ours, Dont care about free oil changes, do it our selves.
EXACTLY---I use the same place for all of my vehicles. Bring my own oil and filter because they do not carry the oil or filter I use. Watch every step--even go under in the pit to make sure everything is ok underneath.

Trust but verify...

Get notified of new replies

To First oil change, oil leak and dealer added TREX?

Quick Reply: First oil change, oil leak and dealer added TREX?