Courtesy delivery screw up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 06:00 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 08G8V8
Sorry, but what is MSO?
Manufacture Statement of Origin, sometimes referred to as MCO (Manufactures Certificate of Origin).

Its the original title of the car provided by the manufacture.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
I got a NH temp plate and no MSO from them when I first received the car, they had to wait for my check to clear. Truck was there so they shipped it without the MSO, when everything cleared they sent the MSO.

I had no problem putting the temp plate and my insurance on it and driving it when it arrived.
Well that sure would/could have worked for me.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:31 PM
hanks10GS
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
Couldn't you have just taken the car on the temp plate they give you?

Not sure why the dealer would hold it, they dont have a financial interest in the car at all except the fee they charge to prep it, at least I dont think they do. Unless AZ wont let the dealer give it to you unless the taxes are paid and its registered.
I agree. I'm sorry, in this electronic world there really is no excuse for this. I know that you will eventually get your car but it really isn't right that it's just sitting there waiting for you and because of someone not doing their job you have to wait at least until Monday, and who knows maybe longer.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by hanks10GS
I agree. I'm sorry, in this electronic world there really is no excuse for this. I know that you will eventually get your car but it really isn't right that it's just sitting there waiting for you and because of someone not doing their job you have to wait at least until Monday, and who knows maybe longer.
MacMulkin just called me and the plate/MSO they will send out Monday. So maybe Weds...a week after the car shows.

I could have sent them their money earlier, but no one asked for it. I have no previous experience with a courtesy delivery.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:40 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
MacMulkin just called me and the plate/MSO they will send out Monday. So maybe Weds...a week after the car shows.

I could have sent them their money earlier, but no one asked for it. I have no previous experience with a courtesy delivery.
That sucks. If the wire transfer arrived Wed or Fri, why wait 'till Mon to send the MSO? Doesn't make sense to me.

Similar happened to my C6 courtesy delivery. I wasn't even offered a wire transfer option, I overnighted a check 4 days before the car arrived but it still had to sit on the courtesy dealers lot for a week until the mandatory 10 business days passed for the check to clear.

Hang in there, we're with you.
The following users liked this post:
Hoonose (11-28-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 02:09 AM
Bob-USA
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Used MacMulkin with a courtesy delivery to south Florida. 100% flawless and smooth. Everything processed and delivered promptly and organized. Sorry to hear of the delay, blame the turkey.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bob-USA
Used MacMulkin with a courtesy delivery to south Florida. 100% flawless and smooth. Everything processed and delivered promptly and organized. Sorry to hear of the delay, blame the turkey.
Could be. I wired them the money Wednesday AM, and would have thought it would arrive that day.

Quick Reply: Courtesy delivery screw up?