Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Admiral Blue with Red/black Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 11:38 PM
jmoses52
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Admiral Blue with Red/black Interior?

I'm having such a hard time deciding if I want the adrenalin red interior with two-tone on my Admiral Blue Grand Sport.

I have not seen any pics of this combination so it's really hard to choose. Also never seen a blue car with red seats in person .

What do you all think? Or is it best to just go with the black interior?

I am adding the heritage package with the white center stripe and red hash marks as well.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:07 AM
maugust24
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

With blue car stick with the black or gray interior.
Blue car with red interior is just plain ugly.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:28 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by maugust24
With blue car stick with the black or gray interior.
Blue car with red interior is just plain ugly.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:29 AM
jmoses52
Pro

Also, want to know if I ever sell, will it be harder to sell or will the value be less with the red interior?
Old 06-05-2016, 03:39 AM
AirStingray
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Don't listen to them.. Blue with red interior would make it beautiful and different than anyone else's basic grey/black. Go exotic and do red!!
The following users liked this post:
KGS365 (06-05-2016)
Old 06-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I personally going with Admiral Blue, black top and matching black interior. Black holds up better than any other color (doesn't fade or show marks/stains [top and interior]). I purchase my car to enjoy not worry about extra care to keep it looking nice. Value wise, I don't think it really matters.

Last edited by Larry/car; 06-05-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:01 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,417 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoses52
I want red two-tone seats on my AB GS w/white center stripe/red hash marks.
Heritage/clown car

Last edited by C8Jake; 06-05-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:47 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Go with the two tone red/black. If you like it that is all that matters, but I think that it would be stunning.
And, for God's sake, don't worry about resale. Buy the car, enjoy the car...don't worry about what some future owner wants.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

I have had 3: Blue/Red cars, 02 Cpe Full Red Interior, 02 Z06 Blk w/ red Inserts, and 09 Z06 Red w/Blk. The 09 was a darker more oxblood color that year and was more of a "rich" color combination. I liked the Bright Red, wife liked the Oxblood Red. Either way, with the Blue car it is unique and attention getting.

I personally on the C7 colors, prefer the black with red accents rather than the other way around. It seems to Blend better. And then add on the red stitching. It Looks VERY nice!

Just for the record, Selling the car(s) were NEVER and issue. Especially when you show the people the numbers of car built with those combination of interior.

2002: 5) Cpe, 7) Conv, ?) Z06
2009: 1) Z06

There has been an increased interest in the New Grand Sport since people have been seeing the "heritage" combination. When we were at BG for the introduction, while I was discussing how to get the combination for ordering it correctly, there was 3-4 people listening intently with the same thought...

So for a bit of Corvette Trivia you can dazzle your friends with: Where was this combination originally inspired and used?
Answer: 1958 the New York Zor Shrine cars.(was more of a purple blue but had a full red interior) There was 13 produced, Now try and find one of those, it is the Holy Grail....
Attached Images    

Last edited by Bajaholic; 06-05-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:11 AM
jmoses52
Pro

Maybe what I should do is get the black interior and add the red seat belts and red stitching and possibly get the comp seats. With the heritage package, I will get the red bash marks on the interior trim. I think this should give me enough red on the inside for a nice contrast.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:32 AM
B&BVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm having such a hard time deciding if I want the adrenalin red interior with two-tone on my Admiral Blue Grand Sport.

I have not seen any pics of this combination so it's really hard to choose. Also never seen a blue car with red seats in person .

I am adding the heritage package with the white center stripe and red hash marks as well.
When I ordered mine last week I only had the choices of black, grey or khalihari (?sp) interior with the Admiral Blue paint. Also, only A8 and not M7 tranny.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:49 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,448 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Its a personal decision. I like the red OK. But my wife who is an artist and knows a lot about color blending and coordination of colors says to stick with gray or black. I like the red OK myself, but that is the reason I don't dress myself she said.

Last edited by joemessman; 06-05-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

In order to get a special order combination there is a "order procedure". Work with your dealer/regional rep. It is basically a simple check on the order form, but requires an over ride in the actual order (and a couple of signatures)

I have been told there is now a fee for it, but.... In the past I have never been charged. This may depend on the dealer or Regional rep?

When we started the combination in 02, The first 2 for that year was my Coupe and Kerbecks Conv (which went to Miss America). At that time it was an un-approved combination and required NUMEROUS over rides to the order and many signatures approving the combination. But when I ordered the 09, it was VERY easy and just a signature and an over ride. Ironically it was the only car with that combination that year.

It was great.... I followed both of those cars through the plant and took Museum Delivery. A When you have a un-common combination it draws attention. It is fun seeing not only the employees reactions, but the tour peoples reactions when the guides point out the rarity...
Following your own car through the plant is absolutely the best experience you will ever have, then follow it up w/Museum Delivery.... It does not get any better than that!
Old 06-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,248 Likes on 1,038 Posts

Originally Posted by Bajaholic
In order to get a special order combination there is a "order procedure". Work with your dealer/regional rep. It is basically a simple check on the order form, but requires an over ride in the actual order (and a couple of signatures)
Here is how it works today. When the dealer goes into building the car they have to enter it as a sold order and give the customers name and address. Then they must check off D30 color combo override That's it.

My dealer ordered a 2016 Z-51 convertible in Admiral Blue with Adrenaline Red interior. It will be here sometime this week.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,127 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by rcooper
Go with the two tone red/black. If you like it that is all that matters, but I think that it would be stunning.
And, for God's sake, don't worry about resale. Buy the car, enjoy the car...don't worry about what some future owner wants.
red/black two tone. The two tone is just enough red without over doing it. Black interiors are boring!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Also, want to know if I ever sell, will it be harder to sell or will the value be less with the red interior?
Go price a 1996 Grand Sport convertible with red interior. They are several thousand more than one with black interior.

I have owned a couple of blue/red and yellow red Corvettes and never had a problem selling them and always got top dollar for them.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Here is a 16 Convertible Night Race Blue with Red/Black Interior

Get notified of new replies

To Admiral Blue with Red/black Interior?

Old 06-05-2016, 11:29 AM
joeybsyc
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 219 Posts

If you want red interior with blue exterior I'd definitely go full red vs. 2 tone red/black.

Last edited by joeybsyc; 06-05-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:53 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,937 Likes on 4,816 Posts

Originally Posted by rcooper
Old 06-05-2016, 01:27 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Not sure about Admiral Blue but I love my Laguna Blue with Adrenaline Red interior. Get positive comments about it all the time. Note that I did update the steering wheel...

The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (06-05-2016)

Quick Reply: Admiral Blue with Red/black Interior?