Sponsored by:

What I Wish

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 04:43 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Squeaky Wheel
Guess I still have a lot to learn about the use of this social medium. Not quite as user friendly as I thought.
Don't give up because that isn't entirely true! There are a great many friendly, helpful forums on the web. Just like in society as a whole there are far more decent folks than there are jerks, but one segment always seems to be disproportionately louder than the larger one.

What I have never been able to figure out is why anybody who does not want their time wasted by questions or comments they deem beneath their intelligence or pay grade would bother wasting their own time replying. Using some of the very knowledge and skills we would berate the OP for lacking we can simply scroll right on past this topic if it upsets us so.

This thread, as with so many others, would be much better if people who didn't have anything to say would simply not say it. It would also give less credence to the notion that people who drive Corvettes are narcissistic jerks. Furthermore, had only the supportive comments been shared we could all easily see that this forum can indeed be very friendly and helpful.

So keep on participating, Squeaky Wheel. If you can endure the abuse you will find there is a lot of good stuff to be had on here, as well.

But what do I know? I just learned I am an idiot for for touching the screen to change between Nav and Audio while driving.
The following users liked this post:
Squeaky Wheel (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 04:52 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Separation of interpersonal contact allows for people to execute their true feeling without having to be confronted for their rude comments. They are essentially afraid to do it in person, so this is an outlet for them.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:03 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Phanni
Only an idiot would attempt to use the touch screen while driving.
Quite frankly - BS! Maybe you can't muster the hand to eye co-ordination to be able to touch a button while driving but many (i.e. most) people can manage quite well. Do not project you inabilities on other able bodied people.

It ain't as stupid as texting, but it's pretty close.
Not even close. Turning a car radio back in the 50's required as much hand to eye co-ordination.

That's why they have controls on the steering wheel.
That's called convenience.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:09 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by TyBoo
Don't give up because that isn't entirely true! There are a great many friendly, helpful forums on the web.
If the OP would have asked for help then perhaps he would have received it. But he didn't ask for help now did he?

What I have never been able to figure out is why anybody who does not want their time wasted by questions or comments they deem beneath their intelligence or pay grade would bother wasting their own time replying.
Unfortunately for you, right now, I have lots of time on my hands. So you see, time is not wasted...

Using some of the very knowledge and skills we would berate the OP for lacking we can simply scroll right on past this topic if it upsets us so.
Why should we? If somebody posts something that we wish to comment on, we happen to have the time, well then we will post a response. That's how it works.

This thread, as with so many others, would be much better if people who didn't have anything to say would simply not say it.
But I had stuff to say. Perhaps you read it? Actually you have read it so you know.

It would also give less credence to the notion that people who drive Corvettes are narcissistic jerks.
You really shouldn't talk about yourself like that. There are others here who are not narcissistic jerks like me!

Furthermore, had only the supportive comments been shared we could all easily see that this forum can indeed be very friendly and helpful.
Yes but only supportive comments would be very much not a true representation of what's really out there isn't that right. It seems silly to vote for censorship of stuff unless it positive. That assumes that everybody's right and that's totally wrong.

So keep on participating, Squeaky Wheel. If you can endure the abuse you will find there is a lot of good stuff to be had on here, as well.
If you consider this abuse then you need a much more thicker skin.

But what do I know? I just learned I am an idiot for for touching the screen to change between Nav and Audio while driving.
Really? How did you learn that? Or better yet - why did you believe it?!?
Old 07-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
I went back and checked. The OP never asked for help. He just complained that he wished it was like it used to be. As such, why would he expect "help"?

EXACTLY! which is precisely why most people responded with a "what are you complaining about" response.
Read again...... he wishes for ***** like the old days. Only ***** I know of on older cars are volume and tuning which the car has.

Folks are responding that the technology is great deal with it....... not that its a simple system. Need to do some more rereading.

Last edited by Greg00Coupe; 07-18-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: What I Wish