C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tracking the C7

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 PM
torque_k.hunter23
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking the C7

has anyone tracked theirs yet? How did it hold up? How did it handle? Would you recommend buying a c5 track car, or putting money into the 7?
Old 10-31-2013, 03:43 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Depends. I have a C5 race car and race with NASA. Been doing the HPDE thing for a decade and progressed to time trails and now into instructing and racing.

A full-blown track/race car requires lots of extra stuff unless you have a big bank account and don't mind stroking checks. You'll end up with spare everything, a tow vehicle, and a trailer.

The pros are that C5s are cheap and faster than most everything out there when in capable hands. Plus, parts are easy to get and the steel chassis is easy to fix if you were to crash it.

The C7 is the most capable factory Corvette yet. The coolers, aero, driveline, etc. are all setup to run around the track all day. The car needs nothing for the average driver. For the advanced driver I'd wager you'd want harnesses and better pads.

If you just want to do a few HPDE weekends a year get a C7 and go to town. If you start really getting into the sport a C5 is hard to beat for the economics involved.... especially if things go bad.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Right out of the gate, there are tons more parts for the C5/6 cars than the C7. Calipers use a brand new pad design so it will be a little bit before race pads are on the market (working with Cobalt on them now). Front pads you can get now....rears are in progress.

We will have ours on track just after SEMA so I can give you a better idea of what happens....but I doubt this time of year I will be able to do the 100+ degree Texas testing in it yet.

Last edited by Anthony @ LGMotorsports; 10-31-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

IF you decide to track the C7 we have race and street pads available as of today.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travisnd
Depends. I have a C5 race car and race with NASA. Been doing the HPDE thing for a decade and progressed to time trails and now into instructing and racing.

A full-blown track/race car requires lots of extra stuff unless you have a big bank account and don't mind stroking checks. You'll end up with spare everything, a tow vehicle, and a trailer.

The pros are that C5s are cheap and faster than most everything out there when in capable hands. Plus, parts are easy to get and the steel chassis is easy to fix if you were to crash it.

The C7 is the most capable factory Corvette yet. The coolers, aero, driveline, etc. are all setup to run around the track all day. The car needs nothing for the average driver. For the advanced driver I'd wager you'd want harnesses and better pads.

If you just want to do a few HPDE weekends a year get a C7 and go to town. If you start really getting into the sport a C5 is hard to beat for the economics involved.... especially if things go bad.

C5's are hard to beat when it comes to return for $
Old 11-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Anthony, How are you all coming on C7 parts. If anyone is at SEMA let me know. How is Andie doing from Cobalt?

There are no Carbotech pads available for the C7 today, stop portraying yourself as Carbotech.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by torque_k.hunter23
has anyone tracked theirs yet? How did it hold up? How did it handle? Would you recommend buying a c5 track car, or putting money into the 7?
Out of the box the car will be awesome, but there are plenty of improvements that can be done depending on how fast you want to go.
The electronics in this car will be your friend and the C5 nor the C6 can touch them. For the proffesional racer, they will be running with most to of the stuff turned off so it wouldn't matter to them. The C7 is heavier and fast so brakes and brake cooling are going to be a big deal. We will have the proper pads from Carbotech soon and LG will have them from Cobalt, both are great sets of pads and you can't go wrong with either one unless you choose the wrong compound. We will have a two piece rotors done soon and they will help with wieght and cooling over the factory rotors. Either way the C7 is going to be a blast on the track.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:50 PM
torque_k.hunter23
Intermediate

I think I'm going to get a c5 and spend the money into building it. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:34 PM
taxidriver
3rd Gear

Default Not good! My tranny overheated 3 times its a automatic

Originally Posted by torque_k.hunter23
After running a few sessions then putting it in track mode my tranny crapped out and the engine oil boiled out..LIMP MODE!

Get notified of new replies

To Tracking the C7

Quick Reply: Tracking the C7