C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 fast list!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Will,
The filter in it is a Green. We haven't sold K&N since the C6's came out.
Man that car is flying though, lets bolt on some good stuff.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Ls2000
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 11.057 vs our 2015 m3

http://youtu.be/EBphCR511pI
Old 12-16-2014, 07:58 PM
wfarmer.z
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Will,
The filter in it is a Green. We haven't sold K&N since the C6's came out.
Man that car is flying though, lets bolt on some good stuff.
Your right, sorry about that! I think im going to keep it stock for now but when the Z06 gets ordered that might be a different story. Thanks again
Old 12-21-2014, 01:38 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Cunningham Motorsports c7 a6
Mods:
Cms custom spec cam (AFM delete , retains vvt)
Procharger p1sc at 10lbs
Arh lt's
Alky control meth injection
Cms tuning
Tires:
Hoosier drag radial
Time:
60ft: 1.61
330': 4.36
1/8: 6.64
1/8mph: 108.5
1000': 8.56
1/4: 10.19
1/4 mph: 140.33
Density altitude : 2000
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2014, 11:28 PM
wfarmer.z
Instructor

Default Nice run !

Hope everyone had a great Christmas
Time:
60ft: 1.61
330': 4.36
1/8: 6.64
1/8mph: 108.5
1000': 8.56
1/4: 10.19
1/4 mph: 140.33
Density altitude : 2000[/QUOTE]
Old 12-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are the videos of the 11.3 and 11.4 runs. No one takes video
Old 12-30-2014, 08:30 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Greg Quillen
Where are the videos of the 11.3 and 11.4 runs. No one takes video
I'm with this guy.

Anyone with an auto bone stock on stock tires care to share launch techniques and track prep and anything else they used to get those kinda 60' times on runflats?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 10mm_
I'm with this guy.

Anyone with an auto bone stock on stock tires care to share launch techniques and track prep and anything else they used to get those kinda 60' times on runflats?
Yeah farmer got better 60ft on PSS than the mickey Thompson lol
Old 12-30-2014, 09:44 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Greg Quillen
Yeah farmer got better 60ft on PSS than the mickey Thompson lol
Lol for real. I've made tons of passes in my life and I just can't wrap my head around these 60' times on 20" runflats
Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 PM
cmdrwill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Autos are definitely more consistent and far easier to launch.

Personally, I think drag racing an auto is pretty much fun for 2 runs and after that I'm bored. I may get inconsistent runs with a manual, but I have a lot more fun doing it.

Auto may be a bit faster but a stick is more fun. There will always be someone that is faster than you.

Last edited by cmdrwill; 12-30-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: cant type
Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Zip Corvettes

Sorry, we are all watching the runs and not looking at our phones to video. Next time out I will try and think about though. The air was right and so was the track prep. I can't say the driver isn't part of the equation though.Everything is just working right and very consistant.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Sorry, we are all watching the runs and not looking at our phones to video. Next time out I will try and think about though. The air was right and so was the track prep. I can't say the driver isn't part of the equation though.Everything is just working right and very consistant.
Sorry but when you run that much faster than everyone else and cut ridiculous 60' times on run flats and literally everyone is walking around with the ability to record video people are going to expect video proof.

A bridge collapsed in the middle of nowhere and it was caught on camera, I'm pretty sure the worlds fastest stock C7 should have at least one video.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:34 AM
wfarmer.z
Instructor

Sorry but when you run that much faster than everyone else and cut ridiculous 60' times on run flats and literally everyone is walking around with the ability to record video people are going to expect video proof.

A bridge collapsed in the middle of nowhere and it was caught on camera, I'm pretty sure the worlds fastest stock C7 should have at least one video.
Next time we go to the track ill make sure someone gets a good video of it. Iv got some on my phone but its to far away to really see anything. Most of the time i cut a 1.66-1.68 with no problem as long as track prep is good and the weather is working with us. Traction control off, Track mode, 20 psi in the rear tires and hardly any stall..
Old 01-06-2015, 09:12 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by wfarmer.z
Next time we go to the track ill make sure someone gets a good video of it. Iv got some on my phone but its to far away to really see anything. Most of the time i cut a 1.66-1.68 with no problem as long as track prep is good and the weather is working with us. Traction control off, Track mode, 20 psi in the rear tires and hardly any stall..
Thanks!!

Are you WOT after you release the brake or do you roll into it?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by wfarmer.z
Thanks wFarmer.......maybe that's why I could not get my 60' down into at least 1.74's. I was at 26psi all of my runs.....simple explanation.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:03 PM
wfarmer.z
Instructor

Thanks!!

Are you WOT after you release the brake or do you roll into it?
WOT but the track prep on that is the key. It doesn't always hold and I smoke the tires from time to time. Try not to follow fwd cars, they drag alot of water out of the burnout box and up to the lights as well.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Zip Corvettes

I see that Will answered so I am sure you are good now, but what exactly are you expecting to see from the videos. There are some and they don't really look any different than any Corvette going down the track. I actually just have not even thought about video when I am actually down at the track. You are more than welcome to come up and run Richmond though, you can see the car first hand that way. Everything has everything to do with it, temps outside, tire pressure, track prep, burnout time, launch RPM, what traction mode the car is in etc.

Last edited by Zip Corvettes; 01-06-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 fast list!

Old 01-06-2015, 02:25 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

I see that Will answered so I am sure you are good now, but what exactly are you expecting to see from the videos. There are some and they don't really look any different than any Corvette going down the track. I actually just have not even thought about video when I am actually down at the track.
Honestly first and foremost, proof. I have made tons of passes I know what a 1.6 60' time feels like and frankly I just want to see it on those tires. I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'm from the trust but verify camp.

Maybe it's because I have posted hundreds of track youtube videos, it comes naturally to me. I also have an A8 Z51 on order and I was curious about what technique is used to get those times, and you can learn a lot more from video than from someone typing out what they did.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Zip Corvettes

Honestly first and foremost, proof. I have made tons of passes I know what a 1.6 60' time feels like and frankly I just want to see it on those tires. I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'm from the trust but verify camp.

Maybe it's because I have posted hundreds of track youtube videos, it comes naturally to me. I also have an A8 Z51 on order and I was curious about what technique is used to get those times, and you can learn a lot more from video than from someone typing out what they did.
I understand, but not everyone else is into video. Doesn't mean that Will didn't do it, we were there. If anyone questions any of it, they are more than welcome to come up and watch. I think you new 8spd is going to be very fast, the fundamentals are the same though. Because it is stock you don't have lots of choices, you need to launch the car on the very edge of the converter and then go to the floor. If the drag strip you are going to is not prepped you are not going to get good 60' and over all times. Like Will said also, be cautious who you line up behind in the staging lane, don't sit in the staging lanes with the A/C running to keep you cool, your car is getting really hot and it will pull timing from the IAT temp. You will not make HP at that point and therefore you will not run well.
As far as the videos, there are some but they are not great at showing what you are asking for. There are some where he announcer is actually saying the time it ran. Not to mention it also takes allot to get the video from the phone to the forum and there is not allot of time to be had.
I was in the Marine Corps, and granted we did not have smart phones back then, we had Cameras with film, I was not into Cameras or carrying them at all. I have almost no pictures, but that doesn't mean I wasn't there or didn't do that. Your in NC, you should come up one weekend, our track prep is really good and you never know you may run faster than what you have already.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

I understand, but not everyone else is into video. Doesn't mean that Will didn't do it, we were there. If anyone questions any of it, they are more than welcome to come up and watch. I think you new 8spd is going to be very fast, the fundamentals are the same though. Because it is stock you don't have lots of choices, you need to launch the car on the very edge of the converter and then go to the floor. If the drag strip you are going to is not prepped you are not going to get good 60' and over all times. Like Will said also, be cautious who you line up behind in the staging lane, don't sit in the staging lanes with the A/C running to keep you cool, your car is getting really hot and it will pull timing from the IAT temp. You will not make HP at that point and therefore you will not run well.
As far as the videos, there are some but they are not great at showing what you are asking for. There are some where he announcer is actually saying the time it ran. Not to mention it also takes allot to get the video from the phone to the forum and there is not allot of time to be had.
I was in the Marine Corps, and granted we did not have smart phones back then, we had Cameras with film, I was not into Cameras or carrying them at all. I have almost no pictures, but that doesn't mean I wasn't there or didn't do that. Your in NC, you should come up one weekend, our track prep is really good and you never know you may run faster than what you have already.
Thanks for the tips, I have made hundreds of passes over the last 10 years in at least a dozen cars. My friends have let me make passes in their cars to see if I can get them a good time, I'm very familiar with the track.

My current car is supercharged and makes 771whp so I know all about timing and heat soak lol. I always got mad at the dumbasses who left their AC on and dripped water on the track.

I can row gears really well, this will be my first auto that's why I was so interested in technique. I have never had the track prep help a regular radial street tire that much before, but maybe on these cars it's the difference maker.

Do you run at Richmond or Va Motorsports Park? Either is about 200 miles from me, it would be fun to meet fellow enthusiasts as this will be my first Corvette.

Quick Reply: C7 fast list!