C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do hand held tuners such as Diablo compare to getting a dyno tune??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 04:32 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Default How do hand held tuners such as Diablo compare to getting a dyno tune??

What would be the difference between buying a hand held tuner like the above mentioned or getting a dyno tune from a good reputable shop such as ECS.

Planned mods are Longtubes and high flow cats and a CAI

PS - NO WARRANTY TALK PLEASE, I DO NOT CARE
Old 12-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,382 Likes on 1,240 Posts

handheld tuners can get you close, but nothing is like a good custom tune for your car using your gas at your altitude in your weather.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:56 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
handheld tuners can get you close, but nothing is like a good custom tune for your car using your gas at your altitude in your weather.
Got ya, ECS it is!!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Jason 98 TA
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Ecs is good people!

We finished a hand held tune for cold air & tsp headers for guys not near a good tuning shop. The cool thing about the hand held is it can be removed for warranty work.

Incase you decide warranty counts
Old 12-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,819 Likes on 2,959 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
The cool thing about the hand held is it can be removed for warranty work.

Incase you decide warranty counts
Exactly the reason why I'm using the Diablo vs. a local dyno tuner...I just wish someone reputable near DFW dyno-tuned with them! For now it's the online remote tuners for me
The following users liked this post:
Alan Sr (09-23-2020)
Old 12-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
What would be the difference between buying a hand held tuner like the above mentioned or getting a dyno tune from a good reputable shop such as ECS.

Planned mods are Longtubes and high flow cats and a CAI

PS - NO WARRANTY TALK PLEASE, I DO NOT CARE
We offer the best of both worlds, load a tune, modify it if you like, then when you need a custom tune, you can visit a CMR tuner in person or work with one of our tuners via email with datalogs to dial it in with a custom tune.
Ask ECS about tuning with CMR as well, they have it

Thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Ltespd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
We offer the best of both worlds, load a tune, modify it if you like, then when you need a custom tune, you can visit a CMR tuner in person or work with one of our tuners via email with datalogs to dial it in with a custom tune.
Ask ECS about tuning with CMR as well, they have it

Thanks
I have a Intune for my 2015 Z51 Corvette. Could you reccomend a good tuner in the San Diego, LA area, that has the software to tune my car. thanks
Old 12-22-2014, 02:50 AM
0TRIFECTA
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltespd
I have a Intune for my 2015 Z51 Corvette.

Hello Ltespd,

Would you happen to have a MY2015 Corvette equipped with a 8L90 8-Speed automatic transmission? (A8 trans)

If so, we've got 8L90 automatic transmission calibration support (tuning support for the A8) available right now with our MY2015 Corvette calibrations. We're currently the only supporting vendor on CorvetteForum with calibration support (custom tuning) for the 8L90 8-speed automatic transmission equipped vehicles and the first and presently the only entity to offer CCM (chassis control module) reprogramming.

Would you like a demo TRIFECTA calibration (TRIFECTA Try Before You Buy, name in progress) for your MY2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 A8? If you're interested, just send an email to info@trifectaperformance.com with a picture of a VIN tag on your vehicle (base of windshield or sticker on door/sill, your username on corvetteforum, and a shipping address and we'd be happy to dispatch a flash loader cable! Its free to try! (A laptop computer is required for installing updates, datalogging, and individualization/remote custom tuning)

ARH and TSP headers pick up great power with our ARH specific and TSP specific calibrations (custom tunes)! Our header calibrations are ready to go and its free to try; on a completely stock MY2015 Corvette C7 we pick up +31 ft-lbs and +24 WHP under the curve:

LINK: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...automatic.html

(With the current generation TRIFECTA flash loader, the TRIFECTA calibration is undetectable by any current or known GM diagnostic tools (does not increment write counter, does not increment flash history entries, matches all CVN, checksums, and file hashes; retroactive flash history entry deletion for our partner/affiliates/friends/etc). To clarify, when return to stock is selected on the flash menu, it will return the vehicle 100 percent to stock (will not leave any trace).)

Thanks,

Andrew@TRIFECTA
Attached Images    

Last edited by TRIFECTA; 12-22-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To How do hand held tuners such as Diablo compare to getting a dyno tune??

Quick Reply: How do hand held tuners such as Diablo compare to getting a dyno tune??