C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel sizing and fitment...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Nicholoso
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wheel sizing and fitment...

Question for wheel fitment gurus...
I probably should have asked before I pulled the trigger but I guess too late for that lol. I purchased OEM replicas to match my current setup. (Gloss black Z51 split spoke style wheel) I got just the rears in 19x10 instead of running the stock 20x10. They are the same offset as my stock rears and I purchased nitto nt05r in a 305/35/19. Anyone running this tire size? Maybe on the base rear 19s? I know the red LMR that ran tens on all motor ran the same size, maybe he would be kind enough to post some pics. Hopefully I won't have any fitment issues! Should have them here by the weekend and mounted next week. Once I do so, I will share some pics. Just hoping to get an idea before that time comes. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Kakashi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the 19x10 replicas work on the rear of your Z51? Any fitment issues with the NT05R at that size?

I am looking to do the same; and was even considering 18x10 replicas for the rear (for drag radials and to keep the stock / sleeper look). However, all I hear are different answers, some say they 'should' work, others that they don't work.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Nicholoso
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kakashi
Did the 19x10 replicas work on the rear of your Z51? Any fitment issues with the NT05R at that size?

I am looking to do the same; and was even considering 18x10 replicas for the rear (for drag radials and to keep the stock / sleeper look). However, all I hear are different answers, some say they 'should' work, others that they don't work.
The wheels I bought are the exact fitment and offset as stock, only difference is it's 19 instead of a 20. Obviously the new tire is a little wider and slightly taller. I just dropped the wheels off to the shop that's working on the car on Monday and today they had it out street tuning and tweaking drive-ability. I am hoping to pick it up tomorrow night. I will report back and take some pics. I would imagine if there was any fitment issues they would have told me when I spoke to them today.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Kakashi
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicholoso
The wheels I bought are the exact fitment and offset as stock, only difference is it's 19 instead of a 20. Obviously the new tire is a little wider and slightly taller. I just dropped the wheels off to the shop that's working on the car on Monday and today they had it out street tuning and tweaking drive-ability. I am hoping to pick it up tomorrow night. I will report back and take some pics. I would imagine if there was any fitment issues they would have told me when I spoke to them today.
Here's to hoping they fit perfectly. I might just follow your foot steps.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 PM
jwbert
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicholoso
Question for wheel fitment gurus...
I probably should have asked before I pulled the trigger but I guess too late for that lol. I purchased OEM replicas to match my current setup. (Gloss black Z51 split spoke style wheel) I got just the rears in 19x10 instead of running the stock 20x10. They are the same offset as my stock rears and I purchased nitto nt05r in a 305/35/19. Anyone running this tire size? Maybe on the base rear 19s? I know the red LMR that ran tens on all motor ran the same size, maybe he would be kind enough to post some pics. Hopefully I won't have any fitment issues! Should have them here by the weekend and mounted next week. Once I do so, I will share some pics. Just hoping to get an idea before that time comes. Thanks in advance!
I think the 305 tire would actually like an 11" rim better.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Nicholoso
Instructor

Here's to hoping they fit perfectly. I might just follow your foot steps.
I will definitely keep you posted!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Nicholoso
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwbert
I think the 305 tire would actually like an 11" rim better.
You are correct, 11'' is ideal. They claim you can run 10 min, 12 max. I think it looks ok. I would have much rather ran an 11'' but there isn't an oem style wheel in that width yet.
Attached Images   
Old 03-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Nicholoso
Instructor

Hope these pics help!
Attached Images    
Old 03-27-2015, 08:55 AM
Kakashi
Advanced

They do!

Just to pick on the details...
Did you have any problems with codes / stabilitrack / ABS due to the diff in sizes? (Nitto 27.44in tall vs oem stock wheel 25.8in tall (~6% difference)?

Any inner fender rubbing under hard launches?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Nicholoso
Instructor

Actually the stock tire height was 26.7. I don't have any codes but I also tpms installed and my tuner recalibrated for new tire height since these will be my daily setup. I haven't launched in first yet since it was to cold but I can tell you in second from a roll it squats pretty hard and no rub issues. I'll report back hopefully Monday since it's going to be warmer. It's about 2.6% taller.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:47 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks good. How much hp you putting down? I may go this route and put a drag radial on my c5zo6 rears. Not finding any good 18" rears that don't stick out.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Nicholoso
Instructor

They do!

Just to pick on the details...
Did you have any problems with codes / stabilitrack / ABS due to the diff in sizes? (Nitto 27.44in tall vs oem stock wheel 25.8in tall (~6% difference)?

Any inner fender rubbing under hard launches?
So I am finally able to report back. No codes or issues, as I mentioned before, tuning was done for new tire height. As far as rubbing, no issues what so ever. I did a very hard launch yesterday in touring suspension mode and it felt like I was going to pull the front tires! 1.57 60 ft on a 19'', it doesn't get much better than that!

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel sizing and fitment...

Quick Reply: Wheel sizing and fitment...