C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocross-TSP Long Tubes

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:45 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Autocross-TSP Long Tubes

This run I missed a cone in the beginning, but still a fun run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5Y...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-25-2015, 12:52 AM
mcmillion
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Sounds great. Are you happy with the headers, any issues?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

no issues, love the sound, with the NPP I can completely quiet the exhaust and with it open the beast The belly plate has to be shimmed to clear the long primaries, but TSP has a new late that I will have soon to get the clearance without shimming. Picked up close to 53 HP with headers and a tune. E85 Flex conversion is next with a VMAX Throttle body sitting on my desk and a Haltech Intake, then heads and cam are possible .Want to see what I can get out of this engine NA before I get a stroker. I had forced induction on my prior car and want to avoid that on this one. But time will tell, perhaps in time a pair of twins or a SC will be on board.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:30 AM
Iceman09
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Nice! Are you running the catted or non-catted TSP x-pipe?
Old 04-26-2015, 08:17 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

non- catted
Old 05-01-2015, 01:05 AM
ziominix
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's your opinion on the smell with the non catted, is it noticeable? Also where did you have your car tuned at, any dyno graphs?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sycraft
no issues, love the sound, with the NPP I can completely quiet the exhaust and with it open the beast The belly plate has to be shimmed to clear the long primaries, but TSP has a new late that I will have soon to get the clearance without shimming. Picked up close to 53 HP with headers and a tune. E85 Flex conversion is next with a VMAX Throttle body sitting on my desk and a Haltech Intake, then heads and cam are possible .Want to see what I can get out of this engine NA before I get a stroker. I had forced induction on my prior car and want to avoid that on this one. But time will tell, perhaps in time a pair of twins or a SC will be on board.
53 hp to the wheels with a tune
Or just 53 BHp
Old 05-01-2015, 07:10 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

I have no issues with the smell, my prior car was a SC Camaro did have the smell. As far as tune, HP Motorsports did the tune I did not print a graph. Their dyno reads inherited low numbers overall, so the actual number was not on par with other dynos. I am having retuned with E85 flex conversion, ported TB and possibly Haltech intake. and will post numbers then, I should get printouts.

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross-TSP Long Tubes

Quick Reply: Autocross-TSP Long Tubes